Home Main Category Hunting

My son's 1st day in moose hunt

TurdusMerulaTurdusMerula MemberPosts: 292 Member
We had a great day outdoors today with my 12 year old son, Alex, hunting moose. It was his first time ever and he enjoyed especially to keep track of the dog's whereabouts with the dog tracker.
Fresh air and a day in a chilly, almost cold wind and an exiting day made him fall asleep in the last fifteen minutes of our one hour drive to home from our hunting area.
He even wants to go again. This was a real quality time with father and son together.

To see a World in a Grain of Sand And a Heaven in a Wild Flower
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand And Eternity in an hour
-William Blake-

Replies

• knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 21,281 Senior Member
    Good deal!!
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 12,828 Senior Member
    I have a bunch of kid hunting pictures just like the second one from the top ;)
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • TurdusMerulaTurdusMerula Member Posts: 292 Member
    CHIRO1989 said:
    He was very interested where the dog was doing it's work and checking out the GPS-collar's data about the speed, barking, heading etc.  :)

To see a World in a Grain of Sand And a Heaven in a Wild Flower
    Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand And Eternity in an hour
    -William Blake-
  • RugerFanRugerFan Senior Member Posts: 2,357 Senior Member
    Hunting was always a lot more fun when it was with one of my boys. 
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 12,828 Senior Member
    CHIRO1989 said:
    He was very interested where the dog was doing it's work and checking out the GPS-collar's data about the speed, barking, heading etc.  :)

That is better than staring at your device and playing "Ninja Fruit", they are quieter when they are doing it though, turning it off is like giving them an empty plastic water bottle and a full bag of Doritos.
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 11,065 Senior Member
    Awesome day with your boy.  I sure miss those days
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • bellcatbellcat Senior Member Posts: 1,898 Senior Member
    Outstanding! My favorite hunts have always been with family.
    "Kindness is the language the deaf can hear and the blind can see." Mark Twain
  • Ernie BishopErnie Bishop Senior Member Posts: 7,566 Senior Member
    Good stuff!
    Ernie

"The Un-Tactical"