Home Main Category Second Amendment/Politics

COVID-19 T.P. Rush - Part II

BigslugBigslug Senior MemberPosts: 8,249 Senior Member
Went to the local Sam's Club for a regular resupply today and got in right at opening.  The usual toilet paper section was stocked with other things, and I saw a few people who had cleaned out the last of the  "house brand" T.P.  that they were handing out at the entrance from the loading dock to the main store.

Ended up getting what I needed with a dual run to Target (one pack per customer) and the local grocery store (no limit, but had definitely started getting hit harder than normal).

Not quite as panicked as back in March, but it definitely did look as though folks were hitting the paper towels and bottled water again.  It would seem that the consensus is that Uncle Joe is not going to immediately make things better in January.

That's the observation here in sunny SoCal.  
WWJMBD?

"Nothing is safe from stupid." - Zee

Replies

• LinefinderLinefinder Moderator Posts: 7,026 Senior Member
    Thanks for the head's up. What happens in Cali happens here next.

Mike
    "Walking away seems to be a lost art form."
    N454casull
  • JerryBobCoJerryBobCo Senior Member Posts: 7,927 Senior Member
    My wife saw this coming, and stocked up several weeks ago.  Thanks for the heads up, though.  

We also have the same issue with bottled water.  The tap water here, even after installing a water softener, is safe to drink but not very palatable.  So, we stocked up on that, too.  Amazingly, it seems most of the folks we see buying water in bulk are buying liter size bottles or smaller.  We buy water by the 6 pak of gallon jugs.  Just makes sense, especially since we cook with it.
    Jerry

Gun control laws make about as much sense as taking ex-lax to cure a cough.
  • DrawbarFlatsDrawbarFlats Posts: 776 Senior Member
    Bigslug said:
    Went to the local Sam's Club for a regular resupply today and got in right at opening. 
    Enjoy combat shopping, do ya? 
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,395 Senior Member
    People are stupid. Some are stupid raised to the power of infinity.  :)
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
  • BigslugBigslug Senior Member Posts: 8,249 Senior Member
    Bigslug said:
    Went to the local Sam's Club for a regular resupply today and got in right at opening. 
    It's where the preferred cat litter is.  Don't want to have a mutiny!  :D

But yeah - getting there at opening was NOT my plan.  I assumed they'd have BEEN open for an hour or two when I got there at 9:30: no dice - door locked until 10:00 and a 150 yard line to get in.  Drove to the gas station and topped off while I waited.
    WWJMBD?

"Nothing is safe from stupid." - Zee
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 10,903 Senior Member
    No rush on TP down here yet, but had the wife pick up an extra pack while out yesterday. Thanks for the heads up
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • tv_racin_fantv_racin_fan Senior Member Posts: 660 Senior Member
    I am so glad my wife stocked up a couple years back. No clue why but we had more than a 2 month supply on hand when it got hard to find. She usually just grabs some when it is on sale now since COVID she just grabs some every couple of trips. We still have the bottom of a linen closet slap full.
    Bigslug said:
    Bigslug said:
    It's where the preferred cat litter is.  Don't want to have a mutiny!  :D

But yeah - getting there at opening was NOT my plan.  I assumed they'd have BEEN open for an hour or two when I got there at 9:30: no dice - door locked until 10:00 and a 150 yard line to get in.  Drove to the gas station and topped off while I waited.
    Funny. I used to take my mom to Costco once a month. Parking was always a nightmare so I'd drop her off in front while I spent 10 minutes trying to find a spot. After I found a spot I'd walk in and spend another 10 minutes trying to find her. Her style of shopping is illustrated below. LOL!!! 

See the source image

I've been stocking up too. 

See the source image

See the source image

My grandad told me that when he was a boy, everyone used corn cobs for cleaning themselves except for tough guys.  Tough guys used prickly pear.
    Jerry

See the source image

My grandad told me that when he was a boy, everyone used corn cobs for cleaning themselves except for tough guys.  Tough guys used prickly pear.
    You need red corn cobs for the first cleaning; they are more aggressive at that first cleaning. Then you need the softer white corn cobs to see if you need to use another red corn cob.
    Anyway, IME if you regulate your fiber intake properly, you don't need to use much TP. If it's coming out like cow pie, then you need more fiber. Just sayin'.  :)
    ― Douglas Adams
    tennmike said:

See the source image

You need red corn cobs for the first cleaning; they are more aggressive at that first cleaning. Then you need the softer white corn cobs to see if you need to use another red corn cob.
    Anyway, IME if you regulate your fiber intake properly, you don't need to use much TP. If it's coming out like cow pie, then you need more fiber. Just sayin'.  :)
    Does that qualify as foresight or hindsight?  I'm confused. :)
    Jerry

tennmike said:

See the source image

Does that qualify as foresight or hindsight?  I'm confused. :)
    Let me put it this way; one of those big rolls of Charmin lasts me three weeks or longer. I don't poop like a calf with the scours. :D:D:D:D
    ― Douglas Adams
  • MichakavMichakav Senior Member Posts: 2,726 Senior Member
    edited November 22 #15

tennmike saidLet me put it this way; one of those big rolls of Charmin lasts me three weeks or longer. I don't poop like a calf with the scours. :D:D:D:D
    That same roll will last 1 day in my house (4 people). I am stocking up on TP. Not panic buying, but the wife and I will buy a pack every time we go out for something. TP doesn't go bad. I would rather have a years supply than use my socks.
  • BamaakIIBamaakII Posts: 273 Member
    I have 3 females in the house, you can bet I stock up.
  • PFDPFD Senior Member Posts: 1,329 Senior Member
    Two words:
    Buh Day.
    As my wife said, we may use more water but we save on TP. 😁
    That's all I got.

Paul