Home Main Category Hunting

There are worse ways...

knitepoetknitepoet Senior MemberPosts: 21,301 Senior Member
edited November 2020 in Hunting #1
To spend a GORGEOUS Tuesday afternoon. 
Weather's clear, light breeze  temp was upper sixties when we got here.

Now we're just awaiting our "dinner guest's" arrival :D
Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

Replies

• bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 11,247 Senior Member
    I’m jealous!  Good luck!

Whats the hardware?
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 23,852 Senior Member
    Yea, and who's the guest?
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 21,301 Senior Member
    If the "guest" is the camera, it's mounted to a flexible tripod clamped to the window

The hardware is my REM 799 that started life as a 7.62x39 that neither I nor Teach couldn't make shoot.

It now wears a Shilen #1 contour CS .264 8T barrel chambers in 6.5 Grendel. Burris 3-9x32 Timberline scope. A custom, hand braided, paracord sling and loaded with 120 Speer Gold Dots, 28.0 Ramshot TAC, New starline cases and CCI400 "spark plugs"
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

Naw, I mean't the "guests" you were waiting for - 'nother words, whatcha huntin' today?

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
    Deer, turns out one showed up last night after I'd left to go load up Cindy's

Another deer? Hope you have a big ass freezer!

Hell, I wasn't there to shoot the one yesterday, and nothing showed up today and I stayed until dark. 
    Didn't know about the one showing up yesterday, but know that, historically, they show up later at the field I hunt. After she killed tonight's doe. I told her, "Get comfortable, I'm staying until dark"

For the "science"

Exit wound on today's doe she killed

308 Win 125gr Nosler Ballistic Tip pushed by 40Gr of H4895 in an LC18 case with the military primer.
    Range was 25 yards, DRT