Home Main Category Hunting

Sunday 29th

TurdusMerulaTurdusMerula MemberPosts: 292 Member
Sunday's hunt started when it was almost dark. Map and plans for the first half pf the day were done by the light of the flashlight in our gathering place, yard of one of our senior members.
There was even a slight amount of snow here and there but not enough to be helpful for tracking the whereabouts of the animals.
We saw eleven moose and ten deer in today's drives. Unfortunately we didn't get any moose but one of the men managed to shoot two deer in the morning drive. A nice buck and a doe.
Last weekend of the November didn't give any moose but there's always next weekend.

To see a World in a Grain of Sand And a Heaven in a Wild Flower
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand And Eternity in an hour
-William Blake-

Replies

• LinefinderLinefinder Moderator Posts: 7,203 Senior Member
    I take back what I said in an earlier thread. I have seen a wild moose. Two, in fact. My wife and I had spent a few days in Grand Lake, CO., and while driving out of town shortly after daylight, in a totally residential section, we saw two yearlings dozing beside a trash dumpster. I stopped the car so my wife could take photos, and they grudgingly got to their feet and just stared at us.

Likely not the same temperment as the ones you chase. :)

Mike
    "Walking away seems to be a lost art form."
    N454casull
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 12,838 Senior Member
    Very cool, glad to see the whole group is staying motivated to get up and get out there. How much daylight are you having per day now? When is sun-up and sunset in your neck of the woods now?
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • TurdusMerulaTurdusMerula Member Posts: 292 Member
    CHIRO1989 said:
    Very cool, glad to see the whole group is staying motivated to get up and get out there. How much daylight are you having per day now? When is sun-up and sunset in your neck of the woods now?
    Daylight times are pretty short already at this time. Today sunrise was at 9.06 a.m. and sunset was at 15.31 p.m. where I live.
    It will shorten some more.
    -William Blake-
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 12,838 Senior Member
    CHIRO1989 said:
    Daylight times are pretty short already at this time. Today sunrise was at 9.06 a.m. and sunset was at 15.31 p.m. where I live.
    Wow, you are North, we are 7:30-4:30 here. 
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • TurdusMerulaTurdusMerula Member Posts: 292 Member
    edited November 2020 #6
    CHIRO1989 said:
    CHIRO1989 said:
    Wow, you are North, we are 7:30-4:30 here. 
    Finland is in about the same level as Alaska

Latitude is between  61.9241° N - 70°05' N

From my home there's about 435 miles (700km) to Arctic Circle.

-William Blake-