Home Main Category Clubhouse

Advertising Campaigns That Fail For You?

2»

Replies

• zorbazorba Senior Member Merrritt Island, FLPosts: 25,219 Senior Member
    I'm surprised State Farm didn't try to total your vehicle out. They're infamous for that...
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
    )O(
  • LinefinderLinefinder Moderator Colorado SpringsPosts: 7,821 Senior Member
    I'd have settled for that. Would have bought  it back for half of what what they paid, had it fixed with half of what was left, then enjoyed funsies with the remaining.

Mike
    "Walking away seems to be a lost art form."
    N454casull
  • LinefinderLinefinder Moderator Colorado SpringsPosts: 7,821 Senior Member
    edited December 2020 #34
    . Our delete feature sux.
    "Walking away seems to be a lost art form."
    N454casull
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Central MNPosts: 14,659 Senior Member
    . Our delete feature sux.
    As do most auto insurance carriers, top of the list is Progressive.
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 12,309 Senior Member
    zorba said:
    I'm surprised State Farm didn't try to total your vehicle out. They're infamous for that...
    They tried that when some trophy wife in a Mercedes was texting and rear-ended me in the wife’s old Lexus.  They mailed me a check for $3500.  I called them and said “You try to find a 9 year old ES350 with only 52,000 miles in this kind of shape for $3500.”  They ended up fixing it. 
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Merrritt Island, FLPosts: 25,219 Senior Member
    zorba said:
    They tried that when some trophy wife in a Mercedes was texting and rear-ended me in the wife’s old Lexus.  They mailed me a check for $3500.  I called them and said “You try to find a 9 year old ES350 with only 52,000 miles in this kind of shape for $3500.”  They ended up fixing it. 
    Yep. I fought with them for 5 weeks over my Mercedes which was T-boned in 2011. They tried REALLY hard to total it, but they finally saw it my way and fixed it. I told them straight up at the beginning, that I wasn't interested in ripping them off, or making money at their expense, I just wanted my car fixed. The body shop guy told me a story of a Volvo that had an $1,800 repair bill that SF totaled and paid out $3,600 on. Whiskey Tango Foxtrot? No wonder insurance premiums are so high with stupidity like this...
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
    )O(