Home Main Category Clubhouse

Early Christmas present from my daughter...

GunNutGunNut Posts: 7,642 Senior Member
She’s my little clone.  We have exactly the same sense of humor and outlook on the world.  Got my gift this morning.  Some will get the significance 🤣

Replies

• zorbazorba Senior Member Merrritt Island, FLPosts: 25,219 Senior Member
    ... and for the rest of us, you'll have to explain it. I just see a standard stapler.
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
    )O(
  • LinefinderLinefinder Moderator Colorado SpringsPosts: 7,821 Senior Member
    My wife says I'm snarky at times. My oldest sister has to have "knock-knock" jokes explained to her. My other sister generally gets it with little explanation. My niece, OTOH...same sense of humor as me. Gets it every time and gives back equally.

We are both lucky to have someone like that in our life.

Mike
    "Walking away seems to be a lost art form."
    N454casull
  • GunNutGunNut Posts: 7,642 Senior Member
    zorba said:
    ... and for the rest of us, you'll have to explain it. I just see a standard stapler.
    I’ll let it ride for just a little bit see if anyone gets it. 😁
  • Some_MookSome_Mook Posts: 620 Senior Member

"If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my child may have peace." - Thomas Paine
    "I know my place in the world and it ain’t standing next to Jerry Miculek" - Zee
    Ding!  Give that man a cigar!
    My wife says I'm snarky at times. My oldest sister has to have "knock-knock" jokes explained to her. My other sister generally gets it with little explanation. My niece, OTOH...same sense of humor as me. Gets it every time and gives back equally.

We are both lucky to have someone like that in our life.

Mike
    Yes we are.  My son is close but my daughter is a clone.  So is my younger sister.  We joke with each other how easy life would be if we just lived with each other.  It would be like living with myself!
  • JerryBobCoJerryBobCo Senior Member Podunk, Tx.Posts: 8,227 Senior Member
    Some_Mook said:

I digress, but the guy pictured above is a GREAT character actor.  If you don't believe me, just compare his role in the film posted above with the out of control judge in a few episodes of Justified.

BTW, Enzo, it's good that someone explained it.  It probably would have kept up (at least from my afternoon nap). :smile:
    Jerry

Gun control laws make about as much sense as taking ex-lax to cure a cough.
    Some_Mook said:

I digress, but the guy pictured above is a GREAT character actor.  If you don't believe me, just compare his role in the film posted above with the out of control judge in a few episodes of Justified.

BTW, Enzo, it's good that someone explained it.  It probably would have kept up (at least from my afternoon nap). :smile:
    He is and his range is huge.  I loved him in Justified, he did a great job in "True Blood" and he was REALLY funny in "News Radio" years ago too.
    edited December 2020 #10

Those that have spent any time in the cutthroat corporate world will get it.  :D
  • breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Living in a van, down by the river.Posts: 14,032 Senior Member
    Funny thing is that Swingline didn't make red full-size staplers until after that movie got popular.  Otherwise they were all grey or blue.  The way they got a red stapler for the movie was with spray paint.  
    I'm just here for snark.
    Funny thing is that Swingline didn't make red full-size staplers until after that movie got popular.  Otherwise they were all grey or blue.  The way they got a red stapler for the movie was with spray paint.  
    That’s true!  And IIRC it kind of revived sales of staplers for them too.
  • LinefinderLinefinder Moderator Colorado SpringsPosts: 7,821 Senior Member
    Swingline did make red staplers decades before that. BUT....they were very small and used mostly in the tailoring trades. My sister still has her early 60's one. But granted, I've never actually seen a full-sized red Swingline.

Mike
    "Walking away seems to be a lost art form."
    N454casull
    Some_Mook said:

Did you catch Stephen Root's performances in the HBO / Tom Hanks Mini-series 'Earth to the Moon' or the movies 'Oh Brother, Where art Thou' or 'DodgeBall'?  
    "If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my child may have peace." - Thomas Paine
    "I know my place in the world and it ain’t standing next to Jerry Miculek" - Zee
    Enzo, the real question is: why do you remind your daughter of Milton Waddams?

Enquiring minds wants to know...
    It’s my pocket protector! 😁
  • bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 12,309 Senior Member
    Some_Mook said:

Stephen Root is one hell of an actor and a great comedian as well

as an aside- I worked in an office across the street from the office that Mike Judge filmed “Office Space” in. Mike Judge got a lot of inspiration for the movie from being an Intern at Motorola at the same time my brother worked there (not in the same area). 
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
    edited December 2020 #18
    That reminds me of the industrial computer outfit I worked for many years ago. We moved/re-arranged every 6 months whether we needed to or not!
    As for swingline stapelers, I have a white one.

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
    )O(
    zorba said:

More information than we need to know, thanks! 

Never heard anyone refer to it as a 'stapeler' before,  but UBU!
    Some_Mook said:
    zorba said:

More information than we need to know, thanks! 

Never heard anyone refer to it as a 'stapeler' before,  but UBU!

Stapler, stapeler, fot is the difference? Obviously, I don't know how to spel...

)O(