Home Main Category Clubhouse

Christmas blades!

GunNutGunNut Posts: 7,642 Senior Member
Two new slashing thingies under the Christmas tree this year.  

1- Cudeman MT-4 is a very popular brand in Europe making its way here.  This folder is NICE with enough meat on the spine and body to take the place of a fixed blade for field work if f called upon.  Scary sharp from the factory and the white micarta scales and stainless body should make it last a while.

2- A long time bucket list knife.  An original Chris Reeve Mark VI.  They stopped making these because they are just too expensive to make.  The examples for sale out there are now commanding 4 figures in like new condition.  Found this locally for a great price.  Used enough that it won’t bother me to use it some more but still in great condition and not abused at all.  These knives take an insane sharp edge too and are known for toughness. Machined from a solid piece of tool steel.

Replies

• CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Central MNPosts: 14,659 Senior Member
    edited December 2020 #2
    No Frank Frazetta pocket knife?! :D

I like both of those, it would be hard to pick only one of them, but that Chris Reeve is pretty cool. Original sheath(nevermind, I looked it up)? How old is it?
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • GunNutGunNut Posts: 7,642 Senior Member
    edited December 2020 #3
    CHIRO1989 said:
    No Frank Frazetta pocket knife?! :D

I like both of those, it would be hard to pick only one of them, but that Chris Reeve is pretty cool. Original sheath(nevermind, I looked it up)? How old is it?
    Yep, original sheath.  I also got a Spec.Ops nylon/kydex sheath for it so I can keep the original leather one in nice condition plus the SO sheath is pretty hardy.  Tough to say when it was manufactured.  Somewhere between n the late 80s to early 2000s.  It’s a USA marked knife.  His early work is marked South Africa.  I’ve wanted one since I first saw them in the 90s but money and opportunity never seemed to match up and I hadn’t seen one in person in years.
  • dlddld Member NE FlaPosts: 467 Member
    edited December 2020 #4
    I got this one, a Bastinelli Knives Mako a reverse karambit  with a 5" blade, d2 steel

dld said:
    I got this one, a Bastinelli Knives Mako a reverse karambit  with a 5" blade, d2 steel

NICE!!!  I like that blade! 👍👍
  • ZeeZee Senior Member Posts: 28,060 Senior Member
    dld said:

That one, I like!
    "To Hell with efficiency, it's performance we want!" - Elmer Keith
    Zee said:
    dld said:

That one, I like!
    Yeah, that one is definitely your style!
  • ZeeZee Senior Member Posts: 28,060 Senior Member
    GunNut said:
    Zee said:
    dld said:

That one, I like!
    Yeah, that one is definitely your style!

"To Hell with efficiency, it's performance we want!" - Elmer Keith
  • Jeff in TXJeff in TX Senior Member J&D Ranch - North Central TXPosts: 2,548 Senior Member
    Very nice slashy things, wish I found a couple under my tree!  Merry Christmas Enzo to you and your family!
    Distance is not an issue, but the wind can make it interesting!

John 3: 1-21
  • LinefinderLinefinder Moderator Colorado SpringsPosts: 7,821 Senior Member
    Eat your hearts out, guys. This one was recently hilt deep in ceviche.
    "Walking away seems to be a lost art form."
    N454casull
    Very nice slashy things, wish I found a couple under my tree!  Merry Christmas Enzo to you and your family!
    Merry Christmas brother!  Need an update on your ‘rona status!  Hope you’re on a swift path to 100%!
    🤣🤣🤣. Man I LOVE me some ceviche!
    GunNut said:
    In keeping with our tradition of non-traditional holiday meals, I've wiped off the blade and will see how it works on fried baby clams. They've recently started selling them at our local Safeway. Next year, with luck...baby seals.

Mike

N454casull
    GunNut said:
    In keeping with our tradition of non-traditional holiday meals, I've wiped off the blade and will see how it works on fried baby clams. They've recently started selling them at our local Safeway. Next year, with luck...baby seals.

Mike

Awesome!  A meal and mittens!!! 😁
    edited December 2020 #16
    She can cook anything (except squirrels), and she's never backed down from a knitting challenge..... ;)
    Mike
    N454casull
    She can cook anything (except squirrels), and she's never backed down from a knitting challenge..... ;)
    Mike
    I need to meet this girl! 🤣
  • bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 12,309 Senior Member
    hilt deep in ceviche.
    Is that what the kids are calling it these days?
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
  • sakodudesakodude Senior Member Posts: 4,753 Senior Member
    Love the Cudeman, the Reaves is interesting, reminds me of a bayonet I have.
    wife gave me this one today

hilt deep in ceviche.
    Is that what the kids are calling it these days?
    🤣🤣
    sakodude said:

Wow that’s freaking sweet!  Love the grain in that wood.  What kind of wood is that? I bet that’ll shave ya!
    GunNut said:
    sakodude said:

Wow that’s freaking sweet!  Love the grain in that wood.  What kind of wood is that? I bet that’ll shave ya!
    Curly grained Birch according to the booklet it came with. And yeas, it's scary sharp!
    sakodude said:

Ohhhh....I REALLY like that. Serious envy going on in my man cave........

Mike
    N454casull
    sakodude said:

I actually showed my wife and kids some pictures of Helle knives pre-Christmas, I need another knife like I need a hole in the head....... but I keep coming back to those.
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
    I have looked at several Helle fixed blade models in the past but never ponied up for one. The wife picked this on her own and I couldn't be happier with it.
    If you like the Scandinavian style knives check out this site   https://www.knivesofthenorth.com/ I have no affiliation with this company but have bought 3 knives from them recently and all have been very good quality for the price.
    Thanks! I think my dad had a Jarvenpaa horse head puko now that I looked at the site, kept it in his overnight bag, disappeared with my sister when he died....
    sakodude said:

Mike
    It’s a beast of a knife, to large for pocket carry really but does come with a very nice leather belt sheath.

sakodude said:
    sakodude said:

Mike
    It’s a beast of a knife, to large for pocket carry really but does come with a very nice leather belt sheath.

I like it!  Didn’t see it on the website/link you posted.
    GunNut said:
    sakodude said:
    sakodude said:

Mike

I like it!  Didn’t see it on the website/link you posted.
    It didn't come from that site, I was pointing Chiro to a collection of Scandinavian knives. It is called a Dokka, my wife found this one at Scheels but it's available on Amazon and other places. 
    edited December 2020 #31