Home Main Category Clubhouse

Car bomb detonated in Nashville this AM

CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior MemberCentral MNPosts: 14,659 Senior Member
https://www.foxnews.com/us/nashville-explosion-downtown-christmas-day

No life threatening injuries or deaths, thankfully the bomb squad was not right on top of the vehicle that blew, sounds like they got about a 30 minute heads up.  
I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11

Replies

• NNNN Senior Member NCPosts: 25,221 Senior Member
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Under a logPosts: 27,457 Senior Member
    Just turned the news on and this is the story they are running. No telling what that was all about. Nashville is loaded down with some freaky groups. Nashville has turned into a big bowl of granola, as in fruits, nuts, and flakes. Glad to hear no one was killed, and not a lot of serious injuries.

I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
  • GunNutGunNut Posts: 7,642 Senior Member
    Just saw a report on it.  It was a big one!!!  Lots of damage but no deaths, apparently it went off at 6:30am with no one around, thank God.
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Merrritt Island, FLPosts: 25,219 Senior Member
    Considering its reported location, I wonder if it was an attempt to take down comms infrastructure? *shrug* "Its beginning..."
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
    )O(
  • shotgunshooter3shotgunshooter3 Senior Member Global NomadPosts: 6,071 Senior Member
    Apparently the car was rigged to make a few warning announcements via loudspeaker. The plot thickens. 
    - I am a rifleman with a poorly chosen screen name. -
    "Slow is smooth, smooth is fast, and speed is the economy of motion" - Scott Jedlinski
  • LinefinderLinefinder Moderator Colorado SpringsPosts: 7,821 Senior Member
    I'm thinking disgruntled, recently laid-off AT&T employee. 

Mike
    "Walking away seems to be a lost art form."
    N454casull
  • JustsomedudeJustsomedude Posts: 1,370 Senior Member
    Wanna bet there will be a manifesto found supposedly linking the person or people to a particular political party? Yes. Im going tinfoil.
    We've been conditioned to believe that obedience is virtuous and voting is freedom- 
  • Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior Member Lake County, FloridaPosts: 7,927 Senior Member
    edited December 2020 #9
    Left-wing a-holes will try and blame it on Trump supporters. You can be sure the bald, fat, goofy-looking flamers on MSLSD and Commie New Network will climb on it.
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
    THE DEMOCRATS ARE THE NEW COMMUNISTS!
  • JustsomedudeJustsomedude Posts: 1,370 Senior Member
    Well the feds found a patsy already.
    We've been conditioned to believe that obedience is virtuous and voting is freedom- 
  • AntonioAntonio Senior Member Lima, PeruPosts: 2,986 Senior Member
    Car bombs are NASTY; wife got the full blast of a BIG one (About a ton of anfo and like 200 pounds of TNT loaded in a van) in '92 half a block from her apartment while she and her sister were checking from their balcony the ruckus made by a previous smaller blast that was intended to attract people and 1st. responders to the area and increase casualties to the maximum possible.

Explosion was funneled by the buildings (it was a downtown street) and almost destroyed a whole block, leaving around 30 death and at least a couple hundred severely injured (Including my FIL that was just a block away walking the dog). Fortunately thanks to her quick "duck and cover" reaction when she saw the blinding flash just before the sound and shockwave hit them, they were "only" blown away through the apartment into the kitchen with minor bruises, despite the glass shrapnel from their windows flying everywhere due to the explosion.

https://en.wikipedia.org/?curid=1838608