Home Main Category Clubhouse

The completely tasteless, tacky, materialistic Christmas loot brag thread....

2»

Replies

• shotgunshooter3shotgunshooter3 Senior Member Global NomadPosts: 6,071 Senior Member
    GunNut said:
    GunNut said:
    A few minor things this year, books and such. 

Although I did order Dad and I Maxpedition "Mongo" Versipacks. I plan to use mine as a grab and go range bag. 

I got two of their Jumbos (blue and coyote) and I LOVE them.  Just got the Proteus for Christmas.  

They had some crazy sales going on before Christmas!!!
    I have the Primary Arms ripoff of the Jumbo right now, and it's just a tad too small for my usual range gear. Hence the Mongo. I took advantage of their current 2-for-1 deal. 

I think the Mongo will be perfect for my usual short range trips. 
    I think you’re right for a quick trip to the range with a handgun the Mongo should be good!  All their stuff is built like brick outhouses.
    Should be. The Jumbo is juuuust too small to fit all my normal gear and ammo inside (plus too small to shove in 8.5x11 targets). The Mongo should work splendidly. 
    - I am a rifleman with a poorly chosen screen name. -
    "Slow is smooth, smooth is fast, and speed is the economy of motion" - Scott Jedlinski
  • jbp-ohiojbp-ohio Senior Member Pensacola, FLPosts: 10,826 Senior Member
    I do have to say that S&W is killing it right now. Didn't shoot the 686, but it is smoooooth... DA trigger is probably the best I ever felt......
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." Thomas Jefferson
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Central MNPosts: 14,659 Senior Member
    Michakav said:
    I got socks, underwear (wrong size as usual), t-shirts and candy. Everything I wanted. Can't stand worn out socks or underwear. Change my whole drawer a couple times a year. I did buy 6 AK mags for myself though.

Which ones?
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • GunNutGunNut Posts: 7,642 Senior Member
    GunNut said:
    GunNut said:
    A few minor things this year, books and such. 

Although I did order Dad and I Maxpedition "Mongo" Versipacks. I plan to use mine as a grab and go range bag. 

I got two of their Jumbos (blue and coyote) and I LOVE them.  Just got the Proteus for Christmas.  

They had some crazy sales going on before Christmas!!!
    I have the Primary Arms ripoff of the Jumbo right now, and it's just a tad too small for my usual range gear. Hence the Mongo. I took advantage of their current 2-for-1 deal. 

I think the Mongo will be perfect for my usual short range trips. 
    I think you’re right for a quick trip to the range with a handgun the Mongo should be good!  All their stuff is built like brick outhouses.
    Should be. The Jumbo is juuuust too small to fit all my normal gear and ammo inside (plus too small to shove in 8.5x11 targets). The Mongo should work splendidly. 
    Never thought about using one of those as a small range bag.  Good idea!
  • Vic's ViewpointVic's Viewpoint Senior Member Silver Spring, MD 20906Posts: 1,221 Senior Member
    Got a box of space for my space gun; that was all I wanted!
    Member formerly known as "vlafrank."
  • BarrydBarryd Member Posts: 202 Member
    NN said:
    And this mug I forgot to take home last year.

My Colorado grand children gave me that same coffee mug last year.
    Barry
    Got a box of space for my space gun; that was all I wanted!
    Hollowpoints or FMJ?
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • MichakavMichakav Senior Member Southwest PAPosts: 2,907 Senior Member
    CHIRO1989 said:
    Michakav said:
    I got socks, underwear (wrong size as usual), t-shirts and candy. Everything I wanted. Can't stand worn out socks or underwear. Change my whole drawer a couple times a year. I did buy 6 AK mags for myself though.

Which ones?

All from Classic when they went on sale some weeks back for under $10. Took a while to arrive.

2 - 30rnd South Korean
    2 - 20rnd South Korean
    2 - 30rnd Croatian
  • waipapa13waipapa13 Senior Member Northland, New ZealandPosts: 954 Senior Member
    Got an 8 foot cast net which I'm looking forward to using and a bonsai pot and tools from the wife, always wanted to do my own so pretty happy. 
    Michakav said:
    CHIRO1989 said:
    Michakav said:

Which ones?

All from Classic when they went on sale some weeks back for under $10. Took a while to arrive.

2 - 30rnd South Korean
    2 - 20rnd South Korean
    2 - 30rnd Croatian
    Pretty much all the same? Anything seem out of spec?
  • MichakavMichakav Senior Member Southwest PAPosts: 2,907 Senior Member
    edited December 2020 #42
    CHIRO1989 said:

Pretty much all the same? Anything seem out of spec?
    All appear in spec. Haven't checked them in the Mak-90 yet. The Korean seem to be very well made but a little less "beefy". Croatians seem on par with most other European types.
  • NNNN Senior Member NCPosts: 25,221 Senior Member
    Barryd said:
    NN said:
    And this mug I forgot to take home last year.

My Colorado grand children gave me that same coffee mug last year.
    The good thing for me was I did not remember it so the second time around it was new to me and cheaper for them.
    edited May 2021 #44
    CHIRO1989 said:
    I got $200 worth of Filson GC, so I am 1/2 way to a t-shirt :D

Going to be some wool clothing in my future.
    Picked it up to day at the outlet store for $200 today
    CHIRO1989 said:
    CHIRO1989 said:
    I got $200 worth of Filson GC, so I am 1/2 way to a t-shirt :D

Going to be some wool clothing in my future.
    Picked it up to day at the outlet store for $200 today
    Filson has an outlet store?!?!?!?!?!
    A couple I think, one is in MN not to far from the Mall of America, it is not online unfortunately.
    CHIRO1989 said:
    A couple I think, one is in MN not to far from the Mall of America, it is not online unfortunately.
    Wow that’s awesome! I’ve been wanting one of their Mackinaw Cruisers for years…
    GunNut said:
    CHIRO1989 said:
    The one I bought had a tag on it that said $395, we went to the retail store the same day and the ones on the rack said $495.... getting close to new Glock money ;)
    CHIRO1989 said:
    GunNut said:
    CHIRO1989 said:
    The one I bought had a tag on it that said $395, we went to the retail store the same day and the ones on the rack said $495.... getting close to new Glock money ;)
    I KNOW!!!  :s