Home Classifieds Ammunition

Remington, Cor Bon .380 JHP for sale

Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior MemberPosts: 7,742 Senior Member
I have 3 boxes of Remington HPJ 102 grain, 25 rounds each, and 2 boxes of Cor Bon High Velocity 90 grain, 20 rounds each that I'm interested in selling. I bought them about 8 years ago, and they have been stored in a sealed lock-box in an air conditioned environment inside plastic bags. If there is an interest, I will supply pictures of the boxes and the open cases. I want to get $1.75/round for all. The price is about half the price of new, high quality ammo currently on sale through ammoseek.com
JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
THE DEMOCRATS ARE THE NEW COMMUNISTS!

Replies

• Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior Member Posts: 7,742 Senior Member
    Even if you aren't interested in buying, I would like to know if what I am asking is reasonable. I went to ammoseek.com to compare what current pricing is for quality ammo to what I have for sale. There is a price label on the Cor Bon of 23.95 for 20 rounds($1.20/per). Most of the prices for new ammo of comparable quality was 1.5 to 2X the price of what I'm asking per round. Opinions please.
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
  • sakodudesakodude Senior Member Posts: 3,978 Senior Member
    I think you will find no one here desperate enough to pay current market prices for any ammo. I would suggest you list it on Armslist, I suspect you will have better luck getting what you want there.
    sakodude said:
    I think you will find no one here desperate enough to pay current market prices for any ammo. I would suggest you list it on Armslist, I suspect you will have better luck getting what you want there.

That's why I am asking for less than half of what the higher priced ammo is going for. I am assuming that Remington and Cor Bon were top of the line ammo for that time period of about 8 years ago. The cheap stuff is either brands I never heard of or steel cased Partizan Privi, Tulammo or reloads. The good brands are all upwards of $3-$4 a round, but I will take a look at Armslist. Going by what I described my ammo as, what do you think it's worth? Is it worth less because it's not right off the shelf?
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
  • sakodudesakodude Senior Member Posts: 3,978 Senior Member
    I'm not saying it's not worth what you are asking, I'm suggesting you target a different audience. Most of use here are prepared for these shortages. The general public, not so much. Just take a look at similar ammo on Gunbroker, people are paying stupid high prices for anything they can get their hands on.
    edited December 2020 #6
    OK, what you say makes sense. I will try that. The only reason I'm trying this route is because the friend I sold my .380 Walther PPK to wanted my ammo until I told him what I wanted for it, and he's too much of a cheapskate to pay it. I sold him the gun for a good price and some ammo for a good price, now he he's spoiled and doesn't want to pay a little more for quality ammo.
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
    Sorry for the added conversation here. It wasn't until I just read the rules for posting that I saw the thing about posting the ad only and nothing else. Being a first time poster to the Classifieds I was trying to find out some information on buyers sentiment and prices.
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
  • GunNutGunNut Posts: 6,096 Senior Member
    You are probably not to out of line with the private market such as Armslist or GB but I can tell you that while I’m currently slightly down (not out) of premium SD .380 ammo I can still find it locally for about $28-$30 for 20.  My experience so far is that private sellers on Armslist and GB are way higher than what local gun stores are selling for when they get a shipment in so I’m willing to wait and buy locally when they get some stock.  Hope that helps.
    Old West Saying: God created men, but Col. Sam Colt made them equal.

General George Patton:  “Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.”

OK, thanks for the info. I was basing my price on what I saw on ammoseek.com. Their list is from low to high price, and I looked towards the higher price for brands like PMC, Winchester and others that were in the higher ranges like what I have. I paid $23.95 for 20 rounds of Cor Bon around 2012. That's $1.20 a round, and I didn't realize you could get it locally for not much more than that. $30 per box of 20 is $1.50/round. Do you think that is more in line with what you're telling me? I would rather sell it to the friend, than go through the hassle of doing internet selling.
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
  • GunNutGunNut Posts: 6,096 Senior Member
    Thats what I'm seeing here.  It's funny the FMJ fits off the shelf as soon as it gets in but SD premium stuff does not sell that quickly.  Think the new folks just see bigger boxes for less money and just buy that assuming ammo is ammo...  PM incoming.
    Old West Saying: God created men, but Col. Sam Colt made them equal.

General George Patton:  “Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.”

The posted ammo has been sold. I appreciate the feedback.
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT: