Home Main Category Clubhouse

The Fight for the Soul of Seattle

PFDPFD Senior MemberPNWPosts: 1,841 Senior Member

I drive into Seattle for work and in the last 7 years I've watched what most people know is happening but don't have to witness.  It's sad because I'll bet, at one time, this was a "neat" city.

I watched this program twice and was absolutely riveted.  It's simply an anchor for the local ABC affiliate telling it like it is and it's not pretty.  If you want to know WHY Seattle and other cities, I presume, are rotting from the inside out, this show pretty much spells it out.

Yeah, it's 90 minutes but just watch the first 10 or 15.  Like I said, I was riveted.

"Eric Johnson said. "It's a stark, frank look at a philosophy that has taken hold in Seattle, and that I believe is destroying not only our city, but countless lives that are left to languish in misery all around us. The philosophy is this: Seattle no longer feels the need to stop anyone from doing anything. My hope is that the show doesn't become a political football. A blame game. An us-versus-them talking point that results in nothing but division."
“Fight for the Soul of Seattle” documents the heartbreaking condition of people on the streets, and the crushing decisions Seattle entrepreneurs are forced to contemplate as their life savings and dreams are destroyed by theft, vandalism and a dwindling customer base".

That's all I got.

Paul

Replies

• Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Between Ft Lauderdale and MiamiPosts: 12,565 Senior Member
    So crazy that politicians that created this mess are re-elected over and over
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • LinefinderLinefinder Moderator Colorado SpringsPosts: 7,823 Senior Member
    Tried to find it, but no luck.
    "Walking away seems to be a lost art form."
    N454casull
  • PFDPFD Senior Member PNWPosts: 1,841 Senior Member
    edited December 2020 #4
    Tried to find it, but no luck.
    Huh?
    I posted a link and the landing page is displayed on my tablet on the op.
    Can you click on the link or pic?
    Google brings it right up.
    That's all I got.

Paul
  • LinefinderLinefinder Moderator Colorado SpringsPosts: 7,823 Senior Member
    Yeah, I can bring up your link, but it seems the only option I have to watch it on is my chromebook. I was hoping for a larger venue, like my TV. Of course, I'm tech challenged.
    "Walking away seems to be a lost art form."
    N454casull
    edited December 2020 #6
    Sorry, after KOMO aired it, they promoted it on YouTube only.
    I just watched it via my ROKU box on my tv watching YouTube. (Not YouTube tv.)
    I guess it's a YouTube interface?
    ZORBA!!
    That's all I got.

Paul
  • 41magnut41magnut Senior Member The Giant Side Of TexasPosts: 1,305 Senior Member
    I have not watched the show, but I intend to soon. Well, maybe not since it probably just make me mad/sad.

How many times have any number of us, and others said what are they thinking?
    Why don't they do something?
    When will the citizens rise up?
    Who is in charge there?

Who is in charge, the outlaws, because politicos don't want to offend this or that group.

Why wont they (whoever you pick to be they) do something, because they become the enemy and lose their job, house, savings defending themselves.

Rise up, and lose everything. You have assets. We will take everything you have (by way of attorney fees court cost etc) for defending property/family/friends/total strangers. I forgot to mention you could be gravely injured or lose your life.

The one person who offered help and actually did something, as best he could without declaring martial law, was vilified and cussed in all manner of ways. At least federal property could be defended to a certain extent.

I have stopped watching network or most cable news except for certain programs, are there still riots in Portland, or Seattle?

In Texas, the Austin City Council has reduced their police department budget by 1/3.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2020/08/14/austin-city-council-approves-cut-police-budget-one-third/5582312002/

I'll not bore you with various statistics of problems in the capital city. Goole/Bing/Yahoo or whatever search method you prefer can provide the information.

Austin has been the wart on the dairy-aire of the republic for some time but they have gone full bore trying to be a smaller version of San Francisco.  

I'll step down now. Enjoy the rest of your evening.

"The .30-06 is never a mistake." Townsend Whelen :iwo:
  • minnesotashooterminnesotashooter Senior Member Posts: 828 Senior Member
    Also watch, “Seattle is Dying” which is a prequel to this movie 
  • JerryBobCoJerryBobCo Senior Member Podunk, Tx.Posts: 8,227 Senior Member
    Also watch, “Seattle is Dying” which is a prequel to this movie 
    I'm waiting for the next in the series.  "The whole damn entire west coast is dying."
    Jerry

Gun control laws make about as much sense as taking ex-lax to cure a cough.
    They actually refer to the "Great Experiment" that Seattle is trying and failing at right now.
    I learned a lot about the details of what specifically doesn't work but once it becomes so ingrained in the culture, it's impossible for them to hear anything outside their echo chamber.
    The part about the judge who had enough and actually sentenced ONE constant repeat offender to some actual jail time and was then ran out of town by the prosecutors and his fellow judges was very telling.  He was interviewed at his AZ retirement home and it was like debriefing someone for an after action report.  He politely and intelligently explained what a complete "cluster clutch" the entire process had.become.  I really got the vibe that the judge, the interviewer and you the viewer are the 3 sane parties discussing some weird cult that is the Seattle legal system.
    It reinforced my belief in the need for the electoral college more than ever.
    If the people who created this mess had a chance, they would propagate it everywhere possible.

That's all I got.

Paul
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Merrritt Island, FLPosts: 25,223 Senior Member
    PFD said:
    If the people who created this mess had a chance, they would propagate it everywhere possible.

WORD. And they're gonna try next month!
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
    )O(
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Between Ft Lauderdale and MiamiPosts: 12,565 Senior Member
    zorba said:
    PFD said:

WORD. And they're gonna try next month!
    I am afraid you are right.
    Honestly I am more afraid of, is in 2 years or so when Biden steps down or is relieved because of health issues. POTUS Harris will attempt to turn the USA into California
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5