Home Main Category Clubhouse

Prayer Request

Replies

• GunNutGunNut Posts: 7,642 Senior Member
    WOW, how did I miss this!!!  Prayers for a swift recovery brother!
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 13,655 Senior Member
    Thanks all.
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
    Mom had some fluid taken out that was outside the lung and she feels a bit better breathing but is sore from that procedure, she still not sleeping well, she did not like to sleep aids that they tried one night. She notes her knee pain is milder and the infection seems to be receding and they might try and transfer her to a nursing home early next week, she seems to be improving slowly
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
    Movement in the right direction!  Prayers will continue...
    So,my mom developed a leak in her previously repaired aortic aneurysm and requires a 2nd similar surgery immediately, they attribute this leak to her sepsis and infection, she had been trending in a good direction as of yesterday but they discovered this today. Additional prayers would be appreciated.
    Ongoing prayers brother.  
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 22,626 Senior Member
    Y'all have got them
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 24,750 Senior Member
    Yep. Prayers out!
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
    )O(
    Mom is out of surgery and things went well, might have to drain the fluid around the lungs still, thanks again folks.
    Thanks for the update.
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

Mom's surgery went well, they have shunts to drain the fluid around the lungs still they are draining, she is is supposed to have the intubation gear removed today and they changed their policy to allow visitors starting today, thanks again folks.
    Glad to hear she's doing well

• NNNN Senior Member Posts: 25,023 Senior Member
    Good news, hey
    They decided to go in endoscopically and get the rest of the stuff around her left lung from the aneurysm bleed suctioned out, so she had another procedure yesterday, hopefully gets de-intubated today or tomorrow and then can go visit. 
  • LinefinderLinefinder Moderator Posts: 7,576 Senior Member
    Continued thoughts and prayers, my friend.

Mike
    "Walking away seems to be a lost art form."
    N454casull
    CHIRO1989 said:
    They decided to go in endoscopically and get the rest of the stuff around her left lung from the aneurysm bleed suctioned out, so she had another procedure yesterday, hopefully gets extubated today or tomorrow and then can go visit. 
    FIFY and hopefully you'll get to go see her SOON

knitepoet said:
    CHIRO1989 said:
    They decided to go in endoscopically and get the rest of the stuff around her left lung from the aneurysm bleed suctioned out, so she had another procedure yesterday, hopefully gets extubated today or tomorrow and then can go visit. 
    FIFY and hopefully you'll get to go see her SOON
    Duh, not on my A-game yet and the autocorrect did not flag me.
  • earlyagainearlyagain Posts: 7,928 Senior Member
    I hope you'll be reunited shortly.
    edited February 8 #50
    Not meaning to "bust your chops", the old paramedic in me just sneaks out sometimes  :o 
    My apologies

knitepoet said:
    Not meaning to "bust your chops", the old paramedic in me just sneaks out sometimes  :o 
    My apologies
    Nah, your fine, I know what spirit you meant it in.
    :beer:

• Lt.Lt. New Member Posts: 66 Member
    Prayers sent for your mom's full recovery! 
    Mom is doing better, her mood was pretty despondent after having multiple surgeries, being sedated for 3 days in a row, and not seeing anybody for 3 weeks except for hospital staff, we were finally able to go see her this week and several of her friends stop by before we got there. Mom basically has not had any significant health problems into the last couple of years and has not been any significant medications until recently and this has been quite a change for her body in general. Her sense of humor is still  there, she told her Asian physician with a heavy accent that now he can tell his friends he has seen a white p***y :#
    Glad she's doing well, and might as well laugh... beats crying

Mom is getting transferred to a swing bed today supposedly if all goes well, town next door to me was the closest one, got the naso-feeding tube out and a PEG tube put in about a week ago and her mood and condition improved greatly quickly, passed the swallow test and is eating again after a couple weeks, hopefully rehab will get her back on her feet and back in her house by summer, thanks again for the continued prayers.
    I was coming on here to ask if there was any news.
    Thanks for the update and glad she's improving :)

• NNNN Senior Member Posts: 25,023 Senior Member
     o:)  Prayed that it continues.
  • FreezerFreezer Senior Member Posts: 2,167 Senior Member
    Great news Prayers continue.
    I like Elmer Keith; I married his daughter :wink:
    Mom is getting there, eating some better, I wish they would quit the PEG tube feeding all together, she will get hungry eventually, she walked 1/2 a hallway yesterday with the walker, got sore, flipped off the OT and PT, and had to take a nap, trying to motivate her has been a bear, lots of anxiety and poor sleep for her and she is up and down all day with her mood. Still, she is improving.
  • Lt.Lt. New Member Posts: 66 Member
    She's a a rough go of it for sure, but sounds like she's getting there! Prayers for continued improvement and getting her back home!