Home Main Category Clubhouse

Brunt Boots

MichakavMichakav Senior MemberPosts: 2,907 Senior Member
edited February 2021 in Clubhouse #1
Anyone ever had a pair? Saw them on an add and did some research. Ordered a pair because of free shipping and 30 day return policy. No harm no foul. I spend everyday on concrete or driving truck so I need something comfy. I also need my boots to last a little. The mine "dust" (anfo) tends to eat at the stitching something fierce.

Replies

• JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 18,118 Senior Member
    I cannot buy foot gear through the mail/internet...I wear either a 10.5 or an 11...depending on who makes the foot gear...got to try it on....
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
  • MichakavMichakav Senior Member Posts: 2,907 Senior Member
    Jayhawker said:
    I cannot buy foot gear through the mail/internet...I wear either a 10.5 or an 11...depending on who makes the foot gear...got to try it on....
    Same for me (10 or 10.5). But I generally save $20-30 ordering online for a given boot. It can be a hassle sometimes, but I am a miser. I have been through so many that I can't count. I have purchased CAT branded the last 2 years. VERY comfortable and light, but don't last too long comfort wise. That was after wearing Timberlands for several years. Had a bad experience last time so went with CATS. Seems to be hit or miss with medium price boots nowadays.
  • GunNutGunNut Posts: 7,642 Senior Member
    edited February 2021 #4
    Never heard of them. But, just a thought, I just sent one of my pairs of Danners to the factory for a re-build including new Vibram soles, they are almost 20 years old and granted while in the last 5-6 years they have not seen the amount of use they deserve the first 8 years of their life I wore the crap out of them while hunting, and doing all sorts of outdoor chores like mucking stalls and such (barnyard acids just eat boots!!!).  The darn things wear like iron and they can be re-build several times.  

I've never had any luck with mid-priced boots.  The LAST pair I owned the freaking soles came unglued from the boot while I was about 1/2 mile from my house, almost knee deep in snow.  THAT was NOT fun and it was the point I decided to buy only American made re-buildable boots built the old fashioned way.  Basically following my dad's advice of "Buy right, cry once."

BTW Danners are a good light to medium-hard use boot.  For REALLY heavy duty use look into Nicks and White's boots.  Pricey!  But I don't think you'll be able to break them for a loooooooooong time.  They might just be the last pair of boots you'll ever buy.  If the stitching wears out they will re-stitch them for you during a re-build.

https://whitesboots.com/foreman/safety/

THESE soles won't come off, they are SCREWED into the midsole.

• Elk creekElk creek Senior Member Posts: 7,372 Senior Member
    Aim higher, or get a bigger gun.
  • N454casullN454casull Member Posts: 671 Senior Member
    edited February 2021 #6
    GunNut said:
    Never heard of them. But, just a thought, I just sent one of my pairs of Danners to the factory for a re-build including new Vibram soles, they are almost 20 years old and granted while in the last 5-6 years they have not seen the amount of use they deserve the first 8 years of their life I wore the crap out of them while hunting, and doing all sorts of outdoor chores like mucking stalls and such (barnyard acids just eat boots!!!).  The darn things wear like iron and they can be re-build several times.  

I've never had any luck with mid-priced boots.  The LAST pair I owned the freaking soles came unglued from the boot while I was about 1/2 mile from my house, almost knee deep in snow.  THAT was NOT fun and it was the point I decided to buy only American made re-buildable boots built the old fashioned way.  Basically following my dad's advice of "Buy right, cry once."

BTW Danners are a good light to medium-hard use boot.  For REALLY heavy duty use look into Nicks and White's boots.  Pricey!  But I don't think you'll be able to break them for a loooooooooong time.  They might just be the last pair of boots you'll ever buy.  If the stitching wears out they will re-stitch them for you during a re-build.

Whites have gone down hill in the last few years. Still good but definitely not what they use to be. 

Nicks are legit but,

JK Taylor is where it’s at for custom boots these days. 

GunNut said:

Whites have gone down hill in the last few years. Still good but definitely not what they use to be. 

Nicks are legit but,

Yeah I think we are on different wave lengths.....

edited February 2021 #8
    N454casull said:

Nicks are legit but,

Wow, thanks for the info and that’s sad about White’s!   I will say I have no current experience with either Whites or Nicks.  My stuff is about 15 years old and I haven’t bought anything new since then because my needs are not that demanding anymore.

Whatever happened with Hathorn?  They used to be White’s “second” line right?   They used to build a hell of a boot for about 1/2 to 2/3 of the Whites price no?
    Trust me guys, we would all spend the $ for a GREAT pair of boots. No matter what we buy, the mine dust EATS them. Lots of anfo and the after effects in the tailings. It literally eats boots! We only get $125 each year and they rarely last that long.
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 14,206 Senior Member
    I generally tell patients to swap work boots out once per year, buy the midline boot with the company stipened and just save your previous pair if you are off road in the thick stuff, if you are on cement or in a caustic environment, once per year or more frequently, the treads might look good but the inside is trashed, find the brand and the style you like and stick with it, you are buying a mass produced product, you will get a lemon eventually, buy a brand with good customer service. 
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
    Nice stuff! 
  • sakodudesakodude Senior Member Posts: 4,552 Senior Member
    Elk creek said:
    Never heard of them but that's a nice looking boot. Unfortunately they don't size "YETI" :D
    sakodude said:
    Elk creek said:
    Never heard of them but that's a nice looking boot. Unfortunately they don't size "YETI" :D

• N454casullN454casull Member Posts: 671 Senior Member
    GunNut said:
    N454casull said:

Nicks are legit but,

Wow, thanks for the info and that’s sad about White’s!   I will say I have no current experience with either Whites or Nicks.  My stuff is about 15 years old and I haven’t bought anything new since then because my needs are not that demanding anymore.

Whatever happened with Hathorn?  They used to be White’s “second” line right?   They used to build a hell of a boot for about 1/2 to 2/3 of the Whites price no?
    I don’t know much about Hathorn I don’t think I even know someone that has a pair. 

I will admit my 2 pairs of whites are both probably 20+ years old. And the last rebuild I got on either pair was perfect. But for the last few years everyone I know that has bought boots has switched from Whites to either Nicks or JK. Couple of my nephews both real boot snobs bought Whites wore them for a bit then went to JKs. They said the fit and feel is far superior. My son has a pair from one nephew and to me it just doesn’t feel the same as my old pair. 
    Just took a peek at the JK site and wow! As I said my White’s Packers are probably 15 or so years old and my Nicks are about the same.  After looking at the JKs I almost wish I needed new boots!!!   But at this stage of my life and current lifestyle what I have will outlive me 🤣
    Michakav said:
    Trust me guys, we would all spend the $ for a GREAT pair of boots. No matter what we buy, the mine dust EATS them. Lots of anfo and the after effects in the tailings. It literally eats boots! We only get $125 each year and they rarely last that long.
    Damn that’s a rough life for those boots.
    GunNut said:

That doesn't include the weld spatter that falls on them when I am working in assembly. 
    Michakav said:
    GunNut said:

That doesn't include the weld spatter that falls on them when I am working in assembly. 
    I think you need something in Kevlar!!!  :D
    GunNut said:

I think you need something in Kevlar!!!  :D
    Thats why none of us go for high end stuff. We also can't stoop to Walmart level either though.