Anybody watching this?

https://www.govtrack.us/congress/bills/117/hr127/text

https://www.congress.gov/bill/117th-congress/house-bill/127/text?format=txt

In General.--The Attorney General, through the Bureau of 
Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, shall establish a system for 
licensing the possession of firearms or ammunition in the United 
States, and for the registration with the Bureau of each firearm 
present in the United States.
"If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my child may have peace." - Thomas Paine
"I know my place in the world and it ain’t standing next to Jerry Miculek" - Zee

Replies

• Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 12,129 Senior Member
    Texas, what kind of people are you electing to office?
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • Some_MookSome_Mook Posts: 600 Senior Member
    (D) as part of the psychological evaluation, the 
                    licensed psychologist interviewed any spouse of the 
                    individual, any former spouse of the individual, and at 
                    least 2 other persons who are a member of the family 
                    of, or an associate of, the individual to further 
                    determine the state of the mental, emotional, and 
                    relational stability of the individual in relation to 
                    firearms.

roflmao

"If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my child may have peace." - Thomas Paine
    "I know my place in the world and it ain’t standing next to Jerry Miculek" - Zee
    It shall be unlawful for any person to possess ammunition that is 0.50 caliber or greater.

Damn, what will I do with my 1861 Springfield?
  • AntonioAntonio Senior Member Posts: 2,986 Senior Member
    Pretty much the same legal requirements we have down here and a worldwide standard wherever private firearms ownership is still allowed/tolerated.

Eventually you become used to it.

Still, if this is approved you'll be SO screwed.....  
    Antonio said:

Eventually you become used to it.

Ah.

No.
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 18,108 Senior Member
    After reading this HR, I believe the logistics of it are impossible...However...I would like to know who wrote it...because the person who introduced it is barely capable of putting a coherent thought together
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
  • SpkSpk Senior Member Posts: 4,737 Senior Member
    edited February 2021 #8
    That was good for a laugh. It reads like, "If I ruled the world, this is what I would do." I found the part about properly displaying an antique firearm in your own residence particularly amusing. Hold on folks, gotta go check to see if I'm in compliance, be right back.
    😁
    Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience -- Mark Twain
    How easy it is to make people believe a lie, and [how] hard it is to undo that work again! -- Mark Twain

• JerryBobCoJerryBobCo Senior Member Posts: 8,227 Senior Member
    Is this the bill being pushed by Sheila Jackson Lee?  She represents a district in Houston.

She also is on record asking if the Mars Rover would land near the US flag that was planted on the moon during the first lunar landing.

Jerry

Gun control laws make about as much sense as taking ex-lax to cure a cough.
    Is this the bill being pushed by Sheila Jackson Lee?  She represents a district in Houston.

She also is on record asking if the Mars Rover would land near the US flag that was planted on the moon during the first lunar landing.

She is on record as being the person who introduced it.  I doubt she actually wrote it. It reads like Bloomberg and the UN had a baby - who then wrote the bill.

I laugh, and think there is no possible way something like this could ever pass in this country, or if it did it would not survive the Supreme Court challenge...

But then 4 months ago I thought there was no possible way that Kamel-toe Harris would ever take the Presidential Oath of Office, and now I think that, unfortunately, will be a given.