Home Main Category General Firearms

The new Glock 48 MOS…

GunNutGunNut Posts: 7,642 Senior Member
Finished another qualification today and my new 48 MOS arrived to the LGS the day before me leaving.  Took it out of the box, threw it in the travel case with other handguns and broke it out for the qualification today, so first time I’ve shot it.  

Not a very challenging shooting qualification for this course (I passed another instructor certification), 50 rounds from 12 to 45 feet, no warmup, needed to score 80% to pass.  About a shot a second or faster off hand. 

I can do better, trigger needs “cleaning up” and I don’t like the factory sights.  I dropped ONE freaking shot at 45 feet, my bad.  Sent picture to my wife and she texts back to me, “ What happened, did you close your eyes?”.  Freaking wiseass 😁😁😁

Anyway, it’s a keeper.

Replies

• earlyagainearlyagain Posts: 7,928 Senior Member
    Look at elongated hole. That was a bad bullet. ;)
  • GunNutGunNut Posts: 7,642 Senior Member
    Look at elongated hole. That was a bad bullet. ;)
    Yeah!  Bad bullet!  That’s the ticket!!!
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 12,142 Senior Member
    edited February 2021 #4
    I don't know,  kinda looks like two misses in the same spot 🙃😉😁
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
    Diver43 said:
    I don't know,  kinda looks like to misses in the same spot 🙃😉😁
    Could be, I’m that lucky 🤣
    Have replacement sights in mind?
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
    Diver43 said:
    Have replacement sights in mind?
    I have a set of Tru Glo TFOs (my favorite pistol sights) waiting at home because I knew I was buying a 48, BUT, the rear sight on the set if not MOS compatible so I MIGHT just install the front sight to see if that works ok…. Ooooooor, I might have to buy a second standard 48 for those sights to CC and just use a Holosun optic on this one so I can try out the technology.  Not sure of how this will go yet…
    I like the Tru Glos also.  I have not jumped on the rmr bandwagon yet.  Didn't do real well the one time I shot one
    @shotgunshooter3 makes some very compelling points.  He’s done his homework, and he’s sold on it.  He’s the reason I’m halfway over the bridge.  Actually if I wasn’t guarding the toy fund balance closely to finish my 9mm AR pistol soon I probably would have ordered the Holosun already so I could start experimenting.  This gun will most probably become my primary HD pistol. I’m sold on the 43X as my primary CC EDC gun.
  • shotgunshooter3shotgunshooter3 Senior Member Posts: 5,970 Senior Member
    Sure would look cooler with a 507K on it... and it's really all about looking cool.
    - I am a rifleman with a poorly chosen screen name. -
    "Slow is smooth, smooth is fast, and speed is the economy of motion" - Scott Jedlinski
  • ZeeZee Senior Member Posts: 27,466 Senior Member
    Wait, was this a pistol or shotgun qual?!?

😎

Good job. 
    "To Hell with efficiency, it's performance we want!" - Elmer Keith
    Zee said:
    Wait, was this a pistol or shotgun qual?!?

😎

Good job. 
    🤣🤣🤣  you’re mean 😁

I’ll do better 👍
    Sure would look cooler with a 507K on it... and it's really all about looking cool.
    I agree!  I’m working on it... 😎
    GunNut said:

BTW wanted to add, that little Maxpedition bag is just about the perfect one gun, quick range trip bag if there’s ever been one!!!  I packed the 48, one MTM ammo box with 100 rounds of 9mm and two mags with room to spare.  I just hang the muffs off the loops with a little hanger thingy I got from Amazon and out the door I go!
  • BigslugBigslug Senior Member Posts: 9,327 Senior Member
    My various moles are telling me that the factory height sights and copies of same, when combined with a Holosun 407/507K on a CHPWS mounting plate work out to something like a lower 1/3 cowitness.  Hopefully will get to see that in practice soon.

I also hear the skinny Streamlights are coming.
    WWJMBD?

"Nothing is safe from stupid." - Zee
    Bigslug said:
    My various moles are telling me that the factory height sights and copies of same, when combined with a Holosun 407/507K on a CHPWS mounting plate work out to something like a lower 1/3 cowitness.  Hopefully will get to see that in practice soon.

That makes me very happy!
  • shotgunshooter3shotgunshooter3 Senior Member Posts: 5,970 Senior Member
    edited February 2021 #17
    Bigslug said:

Sure will. With a direct mill all you need is the front sight. 
    - I am a rifleman with a poorly chosen screen name. -
    "Slow is smooth, smooth is fast, and speed is the economy of motion" - Scott Jedlinski