Home Main Category Clubhouse

The end of an era....the SE Shoot is no more

2»

Replies

• 1965Jeff1965Jeff Senior Member Posts: 1,648 Senior Member
    edited March 19 #32
    After enjoying this event vicariously for years I’m sorry to see it come to an end
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 24,096 Senior Member
    1965Jeff said:
    After enjoying this event vicariously for years I’m sorry to see it come to an end
    Yea, so am I. Part of the reason I bought my Jeep was to be able to drive up to the firing line!
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
  • Buffco2Buffco2 Posts: 24 New Member
    I went twice? Three times? And it was always a blast, every time. I credit that awesome shot I made with Paul's K31 with me finally getting one a few years ago. 

The food and hospitality was always top notch, and those both go without saying. Mrs. Mary always had a hug for me, and Jerry took me into his shop and gave me a few lessons after I admitted I wasn't the best with an oxy-acetylene torch. He wouldn't even listen to my whining about needing to be on the road back home. 

The laughs were many and frequent, I got to handle firearms I had only ever read about, and gleaned a lot of knowledge from some very learned folks. 

And those romps with CPJ will forever remain in my heart. 

God bless you all, especially Jerry and Mary. Going to your place was always like going home. 
  • BamaakIIBamaakII Posts: 322 Member
    I think its time to ask teach to come back
  • Vic's ViewpointVic's Viewpoint Senior Member Posts: 1,207 Senior Member
    Wait a minute, wait a minute !!!  Vic's Viewpoint would sooner set himself on fire than inflict that stuff on this august assemblage of (heavily armed) conniseurs (sp?).  Not guilty!  I am guilty, however, of hugely enjoying each of the six SE Shoots that I attended over the years, and had already earmarked my $1,400 Gov't bribe for this Spring's shoot when I learned of its demise.  As was said by others here, I fully understand the reasoning and the realities behind the cancellation, but I also feel it's the end of an era and its absence will leave an empty spot in my life.  I turned 79 a short while ago, and fully understand and empathize with the strains involved;  indeed, I wish I could think of a way to repay Teach and Miss Mary for the wonderful times that they showed to my wife and myself.  Truly, I do.  I'll also miss the opportunity to renew old friendships and make new ones among the newer members on the forum.  Better people I've not met in my lifetime, without exaggeration of any kind.
    Member formerly known as "vlafrank."
    Too bad we can't do something similar elsewhere...

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 11,313 Senior Member
    Wait a minute, wait a minute !!!  Vic's Viewpoint would sooner set himself on fire than inflict that stuff on this august assemblage of (heavily armed) conniseurs (sp?).  Not guilty!  I am guilty, however, of hugely enjoying each of the six SE Shoots that I attended over the years, and had already earmarked my $1,400 Gov't bribe for this Spring's shoot when I learned of its demise.  As was said by others here, I fully understand the reasoning and the realities behind the cancellation, but I also feel it's the end of an era and its absence will leave an empty spot in my life.  I turned 79 a short while ago, and fully understand and empathize with the strains involved;  indeed, I wish I could think of a way to repay Teach and Miss Mary for the wonderful times that they showed to my wife and myself.  Truly, I do.  I'll also miss the opportunity to renew old friendships and make new ones among the newer members on the forum.  Better people I've not met in my lifetime, without exaggeration of any kind.
    Well darn thought for sure you brought  it.  But damn it was bad
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • Miss MaryMiss Mary Senior Member Posts: 740 Senior Member
    Everyone has been so very kind about this, and it was not done lightly, I assure you.  We looked forward to each shoot and I do so wish we could have continued but know that each and everyone one of you are much loved and I will miss all the hugs.  Thank you for being so understanding.  :'(<3
  • wddodgewddodge Senior Member Posts: 1,122 Senior Member
    zorba said:
    Party at zorba's place!!!!!    :smiley:

Denny

Participating in a gun buy back program because you think that criminals have too many guns is like having yourself castrated because you think your neighbors have too many kids.... Clint Eastwood
    wddodge said:
    zorba said:

Denny

If I had the space...

• knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 21,559 Senior Member
    zorba said:
    wddodge said:
    zorba said:

Denny

If I had the space...
    Hey, after the first few  jars of tannerite go off, bet that neighbor with his loud music might re-think his choices :D:D 
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

knitepoet said:
    zorba said:
    wddodge said:
    zorba said:

Denny

If I had the space...
    Hey, after the first few  jars of tannerite go off, bet that neighbor with his loud music might re-think his choices :D:D 
    Fortunately, said neighbor moved out over a year ago! I was "this close" to buying an old skool air raid siren.