Home Main Category Clubhouse

Folks in AL and MS, be careful today

knitepoetknitepoet Senior MemberPosts: 21,559 Senior Member
Looks like mother nature is going to have a hissy fit today. They've extended the area of the 5/5 risk and changed the time from 12pm until 5am tomorrow.

Stay safe and keep your heads down

Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

Replies

• bhl2506bhl2506 Senior Member Posts: 1,966 Senior Member
    Damn! You folks down south have been getting hammered hard the past few years. Praying everyone stays safe!
    Refusing to conform to the left wing mantra of political correctness by insisting on telling the truth does not make you a loud mouth.
  • RugerFanRugerFan Senior Member Posts: 2,427 Senior Member
    Bunch of schools canceled in school classes today because of the weather, including mine. So far where I live it’s been a non-event. But the northern part of MS has had some tstorms today.  There was a tornado in the southeastern part of the state this morning. 

One town southwest of me got a bunch of hail last night. Completely covered the ground which is unusual here. 

The worst will be late this afternoon into tonight. 
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 21,559 Senior Member
    edited March 18 #5
    RugerFan said:
    @knitepoet

Y’all ok? 
    So far... 1 passed 5-10 miles south, and a second about the same north.
    The main front should be here in an hour or two, though the talking heads are saying our atmosphere has been "thoroughly worked over" and they're just calling for thunderstorms

Thanks bhl
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

edited March 18 #6
    Front came through here about 7. Gusty winds, rain, and some small hail. I guess the bad weather is over for a few days. 

Hope it’s a non-event for you. 
    Some lightning and HEAVY rain at the moment

• NNNN Senior Member Posts: 24,843 Senior Member
  • Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior Member Posts: 7,793 Senior Member
    Time to crack open the storm shelter doors, eh?
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
    THE DEMOCRATS ARE THE NEW COMMUNISTS!
    Under another Level 5 threat today and tonight 
    Yep, just got our first tornado warning a couple of minutes ago :s

Be careful. Non-event in my area so far. 
    We had a long track storm pass south of me, and wreak havock all the way across the state. It's headed towards Rome Ga currently

I read in Twitter that B’ham had one. At least in the surrounding area 
  • Johnny rebJohnny reb Member Posts: 653 Senior Member
    Hope everyone effected stays safe. I know they have warnings out here for wind gust of 70-80mph for the areas around Chattanooga and the I-75 corridor. There only forecasting gusts of 40-50mph here.
    edited March 27 #16
    They said that "long track" tornado did damage for nearly 170 miles across AL and continued into the Rome, GA area and beyond

Also, they're saying we only had 25 confirmed tornadoes this week, compared to 26 last week.

• Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior Member Posts: 7,793 Senior Member
    edited March 28 #17
    I hope none of you in the affected area has not suffered any damage or injuries. "Climate Change" promoters in Florida are now telling us we can expect coastal roads to be underwater in not very many years from now.
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
    THE DEMOCRATS ARE THE NEW COMMUNISTS!