Home Main Category General Firearms

Jeff Quinn 44 special range report.

Elk creekElk creek Senior MemberColorado!Posts: 7,697 Senior Member
I took the Jeff Quinn 44 special GP100 to the range the yesterday. I shot a total of 150 rounds, 50 240 grain with 7gr of unique, 50 Speer 240 swedged with 6.5 gr 800x, and 50 180 gr Remington HP(old components) with 8.5gr unique. The 180’s were 2” low of POI at 15 yards the 240 speers were 2” high and the 240 cast were about 2” high but groups very well. All were shot off hand. I’m going to fine tune this one. It is smooth in DA with an exceptional single action. I really like this revolver, a lot!  I did take the original grips off and put a set of Ruger factory Compact GP100 grips on jt. I really like those grips. Yeah I shanked a few rounds......

Aim higher, or get a bigger gun.

Replies

• ZeeZee Senior Member Posts: 28,060 Senior Member
    Looks like they’ll work and looks like a fine revolver. Well done. 
    "To Hell with efficiency, it's performance we want!" - Elmer Keith
  • earlyagainearlyagain Posts: 7,928 Senior Member
  • GunNutGunNut Posts: 7,642 Senior Member
    That’ll work just fine!  Good looking gun too ❤️
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Between Ft Lauderdale and MiamiPosts: 12,556 Senior Member
    Good Shooting
    when/if you get tired of it let me know.  My Ruger family would be happy to adopt it.
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 12,309 Senior Member
    Nice!
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
  • sakodudesakodude Senior Member Posts: 4,753 Senior Member
    kind of hard to tell what your doing when they all go through the same hole :#nicely done!!
  • Elk creekElk creek Senior Member Colorado!Posts: 7,697 Senior Member
    sakodude said:
    kind of hard to tell what your doing when they all go through the same hole :#nicely done!!
    Well that’s not the only target I used! It’s tricky to have it close enough to have a good group, and far enough for no powder burns.....🤣
    Aim higher, or get a bigger gun.
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Between Ft Lauderdale and MiamiPosts: 12,556 Senior Member
    Elk creek said:
    sakodude said:
    Well that’s not the only target I used! It’s tricky to have it close enough to have a good group, and far enough for no powder burns.....🤣

Good Shooting
    when/if you get tired of it let me know.  My Ruger family would be happy to adopt it.

You haven't learned the trick of using a pen/magic marker the same diameter as your bullet to make holes yet?
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5