Home Main Category General Firearms

Rifled Slugs through a Rifled Barrel?

13»

Replies

• knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 21,648 Senior Member
    For accuracy using sabot slugs. Mainly in states/areas that require shotguns only
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 17,297 Senior Member
    What he said...Foster (rifled) slugs were designed to function in smoothbore barrels...Sabot slugs were designed to function in rifled barrels
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
  • ZeeZee Senior Member Posts: 24,931 Senior Member
    👆🏻I’m just bucking the system. 😎

Got the +2 magazine extender in today. 

About the only thing left I may add are front and rear HiViz FO sights. But, they are out of stock currently. 
    "To Hell with efficiency, it's performance we want!" - Elmer Keith
  • BigDanSBigDanS Senior Member Posts: 6,992 Senior Member
    To each his own, and you are an expert... seems like a really long gun for HD.
    "A patriot is mocked, scorned and hated; yet when his cause succeeds, all men will join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." Mark Twain
    Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.... now who's bringing the hot wings? :jester:
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 13,087 Senior Member
    edited April 7 #66
    Im new to shotguns and looking to get one soon. What is the reason for a rifled barrel ?
    To shoot slugs vs. shot, sabot slugs primarily, but Foster slugs work also as this thread reveals, the rifling improves accuracy of a single projectile.

edit to add, sorry, did not see the other posts.
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • GunNutGunNut Posts: 6,944 Senior Member
    BigDanS said:
    I think he's got a few more compact options in the inventory.

Old West Saying: God created men, but Col. Sam Colt made them equal.

General George Patton:  “Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.”

• ZeeZee Senior Member Posts: 24,931 Senior Member
    BigDanS said:
    It’s simply a tool in the toolbox with its location. It’s not the ONLY tool in that box, however. 
    "To Hell with efficiency, it's performance we want!" - Elmer Keith