Home Main Category General Firearms

What guns have you bought at a gun show???

earlyagainearlyagain Posts: 7,928 Senior Member
I have two.
1)Mossberg 88
2)Ruger NM BH 45 Convertible

Both so long ago, I can't remember how long ago.

Replies

• Big Al1Big Al1 Senior Member Panama City, Fl.Posts: 8,690 Senior Member
    My 1881 Marlin. This is the most recent, probably four years ago.

Colt new army navy commercial model .32-20

S&W 686 .357

Savage Model 23 Sporter in .22 Hornet

Stevens Visible loader .22

Not many, all things considered!!
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Manistee Natl ForestPosts: 18,291 Senior Member
    Some years back I got a great deal on a relatively rare Remington 700 chambered in .264 Win Mag...
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
  • NNNN Senior Member NCPosts: 25,221 Senior Member
    Never did' the LGS down the street from the gun shows beats gun show prices.
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Between Ft Lauderdale and MiamiPosts: 12,564 Senior Member
    SW Shield when they first came out.
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • RugerFanRugerFan Senior Member Eupora, MSPosts: 2,814 Senior Member
    I guess my SKS is the only one. 
  • GunNutGunNut Posts: 7,642 Senior Member
    Hummm...  S&W pre-17. Mauser custom barreled action in 8mm.  Several Mossberg .22s over the years.  I know there’s a lot more from years ago but I can’t think of many recently.
  • mitdr774mitdr774 Member Posts: 1,775 Senior Member
    My 1905 M96.  Two months later they were selling for twice what I paid in worse condition.  Guess I got my M96 just before it was too late.
  • Uncle FesterUncle Fester Senior Member Texas as soon as I can get there.Posts: 1,629 Senior Member
    CZ 455 Rifle - Saturday morning.  Stumbled upon one in new condition for a decent price and it went home with me.

• Ernie BishopErnie Bishop Senior Member WyomingPosts: 8,566 Senior Member
    A custom Rugger 77 in 257 Roberts AI and Contender pistol with a 10" 222 Remington barrel
    Ernie

"The Un-Tactical"
  • jbp-ohiojbp-ohio Senior Member Pensacola, FLPosts: 10,831 Senior Member
    SP101 .38sp
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." Thomas Jefferson
  • ZeeZee Senior Member Posts: 28,076 Senior Member
    A Savage 112 in .22-250 and a Davis Derringer in .32 ACP. 
    Both back in the early 90s. Still have the derringer. 
    "To Hell with efficiency, it's performance we want!" - Elmer Keith
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Central MNPosts: 14,671 Senior Member
    Nothing since the 1990's
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Merrritt Island, FLPosts: 25,222 Senior Member
    Wife bought her Charter Arms .357 Mag Pug at our local show. It was nice because she was able to see multiple brands/models of .38/.357 revolvers all in one place.
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
    )O(
  • North ForestNorth Forest Member Maple Falls, WA.Posts: 358 Member
    Just one, a Beretta Bobcat .22.  A well made mouse gun that surprisingly cycles well.
  • JKPJKP Senior Member North FloridaPosts: 2,678 Senior Member
    Not much. Only one I remember is a SA Loaded 1911. 
  • bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 12,313 Senior Member
    A bunch, years ago. The one that stands out in my mind is the S&W 1917 revolver. 

Last one was the Rossi Ranch Hand about 10 years ago. That’s when I stopped finding deals on guns. People just got stupid on prices 
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
  • MileHighShooterMileHighShooter Senior Member Denver, COPosts: 4,996 Senior Member
    Phoenix hp22 and Ruger 77 tang safety 257 Ackley. Really only went to gun shows to find random reloading gear or ammo for oddballs. Or pre covid for primers/powder, lead pistol bullets
  • sakodudesakodude Senior Member Posts: 4,760 Senior Member
    Only one that I still own would be my Colt Cobra second issue model. And that was probably 1985 or so.

• Gene LGene L Senior Member Posts: 12,759 Senior Member
    It's been years since I bought a gun at a gunshow.  The last one I remember was a Pattern 14.  It was oil soaked wood; I coated it with oven cleaner and hosed it off.  I think I paid $60 for it. Late Sunday is the best for price reduction.  Dealers don't want to take them home.
    Concealed carry is for protection, open carry is for attention.