Home Main Category Clubhouse

My turn to request prayers. Wife's in the ER

knitepoetknitepoet Senior MemberPosts: 21,537 Senior Member
She's been having cardiac type symptoms for the last 24 hrs or so, and I FINALLY convinced her to go to the ER tonight. They don't allow visitors/family in the ER unless the patient's a minor, so I'm sitting here at the house chatting with her online.

Prayers would be greatly appreciated
Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

Replies

• sakodudesakodude Senior Member Posts: 4,064 Senior Member
    Prayers she will be home soon.
  • GunNutGunNut Posts: 6,689 Senior Member
    We’ll be praying hard for her fast recovery!
    Old West Saying: God created men, but Col. Sam Colt made them equal.

General George Patton:  “Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.”

• knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 21,537 Senior Member
    Thanks guys

Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• orchidmanorchidman Senior Member Posts: 8,161 Senior Member
    On their way from down here Paul. Sorry I couldnt talk longer with you on saturday my friend. Give her a hug from me when you get to see her.
    Still enjoying the trip of a lifetime and making the best of what I have.....
  • Lonewolf-PeruLonewolf-Peru Member Posts: 503 Senior Member
    Prayers sent. 
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 24,087 Senior Member
    Oh Goddess Mother! Not good. Prayers out from the swamplands, and give her my regards when you can.
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
    Thank you all. after getting an initial EKG, she's still in the waiting room

• SpkSpk Senior Member Posts: 4,190 Senior Member
    Prayers out for a good outcome 🙏
    Keep us updated.
    Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience -- Mark Twain
    How easy it is to make people believe a lie, and [how] hard it is to undo that work again! -- Mark Twain

• Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 11,302 Senior Member
    On the way
    Let us know when you can
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • wddodgewddodge Senior Member Posts: 1,122 Senior Member
    will do..
    Participating in a gun buy back program because you think that criminals have too many guns is like having yourself castrated because you think your neighbors have too many kids.... Clint Eastwood
  • earlyagainearlyagain Posts: 7,104 Senior Member
    I hope she's back home, well and happy ASAP.
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 24,841 Senior Member
  • bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 11,352 Senior Member
    Prayers out, Paul.
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 13,029 Senior Member
    Just Prayed o:) she is sent home with a nothing serious DX
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • Big Al1Big Al1 Senior Member Posts: 8,018 Senior Member
    WOW! Hope all goes well and she's home soon!! Prayers on the way my friend!!
  • JerryBobCoJerryBobCo Senior Member Posts: 8,159 Senior Member
    Prayers sent, Paul.
    Jerry

Gun control laws make about as much sense as taking ex-lax to cure a cough.
    Thanks everyone, she's still in the ER and they're going to run some more tests. They didn't take her back until a little after 4 this morning.

FYI, the local hospital SUCKS

knitepoet said:
    Thanks everyone, she's still in the ER and they're going to run some more tests. They didn't take her back until a little after 4 this morning.

FYI, the local hospital SUCKS
    Damn, that's absolute nonsense!!!

General George Patton:  “Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.”

• Gene LGene L Senior Member Posts: 11,973 Senior Member
    Done.
    Concealed carry is for protection, open carry is for attention.
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 17,186 Senior Member
    Prayers out my friend
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
  • drsfefa1drsfefa1 Posts: 20 New Member
    Prayers inbound and will continue!
  • RimfireRimfire Senior Member Posts: 844 Senior Member
    Just saw this KP. I hope things are better. Having been in this situation before I can somewhat relate to what you all are going through. As you know it takes them multiple iterations of tests to make a good diagnosis. It will take time. Getting her there and under their care was crucial. Waiting sux, especially during Covid.

My thoughts are with your wife, you, and your family.
    G&A Forum Member since: October 2000; Life Member: GOA, IWLA, NRA, & Escapees.
  • LinefinderLinefinder Moderator Posts: 7,304 Senior Member
    Just saw this, Paul. Prayers out!

Mike
    "Walking away seems to be a lost art form."
    N454casull
    edited March 30 #25

Thank you everyone!!!

I spent most of the day out there straightening them out. They hadn't looked and seen she's a diabetic. Gave her a cardiac diet with sweet tea and a BUNCH of sugar for lunch. Hadn't checked her blood sugar OR given her her medicines.
    Otherwise, 2 12 lead EKGs and one tube of blood drawn is all they've done today. After I got through with them, they did call the Dr and get the meds and diabetic diet approved along with checking her blood sugar twice before I left.
    Her biggest problem currently is BOREDOM.
    I can't stay the night, and had to pick up a granddaughter from track practice, so I just came on home 

edited March 31 #26
    Final Update, Dr came through this morning, said all the tests came back fine and they're discharging her.
    Just waiting on the paperwork.
    Thank you all again!

• Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior Member Posts: 7,790 Senior Member
    Damn, just saw this. I'm happy for you that there is no worse news. Glad she is doing OK.
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
    THE DEMOCRATS ARE THE NEW COMMUNISTS!
    Thanks

• rberglofrberglof Senior Member Posts: 2,718 Senior Member
    Just read this and very glad to see that it was figured out and she is home.
  • SpkSpk Senior Member Posts: 4,190 Senior Member
    edited March 31 #30
    That's good news. Good to hear. 😇

So her diabetic condition was causing her chest pains?
    Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience -- Mark Twain
    How easy it is to make people believe a lie, and [how] hard it is to undo that work again! -- Mark Twain

knitepoet said:
    Final Update, Dr came through this morning, said all the tests came back fine and they're discharging her.
    Just waiting on the paperwork.
    Thank you all again!

Damn fine news!  Any explanations on the symptoms?