Home Main Category General Firearms

I Finally Dropped The Hammer on a........

Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior MemberPosts: 7,800 Senior Member
edited March 30 in General Firearms #1
New G Force Arms 12 GA semi-auto bullpup shotgun. I haden't discovered this model until today when I went to the LGS to see if they had or could get me a Radikal NK-1, Black Aces Tactical Pro Series, or a ATI Bulldog SGA. All three models were roughly the same in form and function, with AR styling and all having picatinny rails top and bottom and adjustable sights. The only bullpup S.A. shotgun they had was the G Force GFY-1. The price was marked at $700.00 which was a bit more than I wanted to pay for this gun, as the others were selling for $499 and $549 in Palmetto State, depending on which model I was looking at. I asked them if they could do anything on the price, because I was really wanting to buy something for about 500-550 $. I was told I could have it for $623.00 plus tax and $5.00 background check. BTW, the G Force and the Radikal Arms NK-1 are made by Radikal Arms and are very similar. The G Force is $100.00 more than the NK-1.
I had to go home to check it out on the internet. I found it on the Palmetto website and compared it to the other brands listed. It had a slightly lower rating in "stars" that the other three I looked at there. After due consideration I called them up and told them I wanted to come back and look at it again and asked if there was an instruction booklet with it in the box, which they said yes.
Once I got back I looked at it, saw the booklet and told them "lets do it." The gun came with 2 five round mags, and 3 chokes for different loads. I added a 10 round mag and a foregrip, and walked out a happy bullpup owner, and shy $741.00 in the wallet. Considering the price would have been $599.99 plus shipping, FFL transfer through PSA, I ended up with a reasonably fair deal by using the local guys.
Here's a picture of the item from Palmetto State:

I probably won't get to shoot this for a while, until my right shoulder heals up and can stand the recoil from this on my shoulder. I will make a range report once I can get to the range and try it out.
JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
THE DEMOCRATS ARE THE NEW COMMUNISTS!

Replies

• Elk creekElk creek Senior Member Posts: 6,724 Senior Member
    The dove population in your area are screwed! 
    Aim higher, or get a bigger gun.
  • ZeeZee Senior Member Posts: 24,931 Senior Member
    That’s a beast!
    "To Hell with efficiency, it's performance we want!" - Elmer Keith
  • Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior Member Posts: 7,800 Senior Member
    Elk creek said:
    The dove population in your area are screwed! 

I wouldn't harm a feather on a Dove, but a Turkey Vulture is a different story.....LOL
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
    Zee said:
    That’s a beast!

It's pretty impressive when in the same room with it. The barrel is 18.5 inches, with the total length being 28. This is great for close quarters inside of a house if ever required, and It would make a great street sweeper at an ANTIFA riot.
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
  • Uncle FesterUncle Fester Senior Member Posts: 1,438 Senior Member
    If the Zombies come, I want to be behind that.
    If the Zombies come, I want to be behind that.

You REALLY want to splatter some zombies? A 20 round canister can be had for this. Dis' baby gonna' be sum fun.
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
  • earlyagainearlyagain Posts: 7,288 Senior Member
    Hopefully the recoil spring will obsorb its fair share of the recoil.
    Supposedly, the recoil on this is fairly mild, because of it's configuration.
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
  • GunNutGunNut Posts: 6,944 Senior Member
    That looks like a whole lot of FUN!
    Old West Saying: God created men, but Col. Sam Colt made them equal.

General George Patton:  “Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.”

• knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 21,648 Senior Member
    Looks like fun.
    Congrats Noel

YOU SUCK
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• Gene LGene L Senior Member Posts: 12,070 Senior Member
    Bad to the bone!
    Concealed carry is for protection, open carry is for attention.
  • BigslugBigslug Senior Member Posts: 8,499 Senior Member
    Looks like Social Security to me.  You gonna change your card to read that thing's serial number?  ;)
    WWJMBD?

"Nothing is safe from stupid." - Zee
  • sakodudesakodude Senior Member Posts: 4,112 Senior Member
    Looks like fun. Not something I would likely ever own but damn, I'd like to shoot one once!!
  • bobbyrlf3bobbyrlf3 Senior Member Posts: 2,559 Senior Member
    Nice grab!  You suck.
    Knowledge is essential to living freely and fully; understanding gives knowledge purpose and strength; wisdom is combining the two and applying them appropriately in words and actions.
    Bigslug said:
    Looks like Social Security to me.  You gonna change your card to read that thing's serial number?  ;)

I'm doing my part to support the economy by using stimulus money to help the gun industry.....LOL
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
    I really need you to go to a trap range with that gun and video the other shooters reactions when you come up to the line 😁

General George Patton:  “Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.”

edited March 31 #18
    GunNut said:
    I really need you to go to a trap range with that gun and video the other shooters reactions when you come up to the line 😁

That would be priceless......LOL
    Maybe I should go with the 20 round canister!!
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
    GunNut said:

That would be priceless......LOL
    Maybe I should go with the 20 round canister!!
    YES!!!!!!!
     :D 

• empiregladysNY24empiregladysNY24 Posts: 2 New Member
    New G Force Arms 12 GA semi-auto bullpup shotgun. I haden't discovered this model until today when I went to the LGS to see if they had or could get me a Radikal NK-1, Black Aces Tactical Pro Series, or a ATI Bulldog SGA. All three models were roughly the same in form and function, with AR styling and all having picatinny rails top and bottom and adjustable sights. The only bullpup S.A. shotgun they had was the G Force GFY-1. The price was marked at $700.00 which was a bit more than I wanted to pay for this gun, as the others were selling for $499 and $549 in Palmetto State, depending on which model I was looking at. I asked them if they could do anything on the price, because I was really wanting to buy something for about 500-550 $. I was told I could have it for $623.00 plus tax and $5.00 background check. BTW, the G Force and the Radikal Arms NK-1 are made by Radikal Arms and are very similar. The G Force is $100.00 more than the NK-1.
    I had to go home to check it out on the internet. I found it on the Palmetto website and compared it to the other brands listed. It had a slightly lower rating in "stars" that the other three I looked at there. After due consideration I called them up and told them I wanted to come back and look at it again and asked if there was an instruction booklet with it in the box, which they said yes.
    Once I got back I looked at it, saw the booklet and told them "lets do it." The gun came with 2 five round mags, and 3 chokes for different loads. I added a 10 round mag and a foregrip, and walked out a happy bullpup owner, and shy $741.00 in the wallet. Considering the price would have been $599.99 plus shipping, FFL transfer through PSA, I ended up with a reasonably fair deal by using the local guys.
    Here's a picture of the item from Palmetto State:

I probably won't get to shoot this for a while, until my right shoulder heals up and can stand the recoil from this on my shoulder. I will make a range report once I can get to the range and try it out.
    What is FFL?
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 21,648 Senior Member
    FFL = Federal Firearms Licenses aka a gun dealer
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

While handling my new SG yesterday, I found that the Fire/Safety switch is incredibly stiff to move from one position to the other. In doing so, I gouged a small amount of skin from a finger. Does anyone have any idea why this is happening, and what can I do to make it easier to move the switch?
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
    While handling my new SG yesterday, I found that the Fire/Safety switch is incredibly stiff to move from one position to the other. In doing so, I gouged a small amount of skin from a finger. Does anyone have any idea why this is happening, and what can I do to make it easier to move the switch?
    The safety and trigger group seem to be a variation of the AR.  I'll bet you because of the adaptation of the trigger to the bullpen design there is some sort of a transfer bar system in place that is probably impeding the safety's free movement.  I'd take the thing apart and start there.

• Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 11,379 Senior Member
    Before you take it all the way apart, make sure it is not binding from a too tight fit.  Sometimes all it needs is some grease and to work it several times.
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
    I'll try it. Thanks
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
    GunNut said:
    The safety and trigger group seem to be a variation of the AR.  I'll bet you because of the adaptation of the trigger to the bullpen design there is some sort of a transfer bar system in place that is probably impeding the safety's free movement.  I'd take the thing apart and start there.

It is very similar to the AR in looks and design, from what I can tell. I'll try lubing it from the outside first and see if that helps.
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT: