Home Main Category Second Amendment/Politics

President Biden says Second Amendment is NOT "absolute"

Diver43Diver43 Senior MemberBetween Ft Lauderdale and MiamiPosts: 12,554 Senior Member
https://www.yahoo.com/news/biden-announces-gun-control-executive-161114890.html

If he does not believe that our Constitution and its amendments are as he says absolute.  Just what is the Laws that our Country are based on?  Does this man consider him the tyrant that him and his followers accused Trump of being?  Or, he really senile and think he was elected king?

If the second is not absolute, neither are any of the others
Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5

Replies

• earlyagainearlyagain Posts: 7,928 Senior Member
    Those statements are an opportunistic gamble on what he believes the majority electorate wants. Or wants to hear.

If they were calculated as opposed to spuratic, his cabinet will be waiting for the echo. 

• GunNutGunNut Posts: 7,642 Senior Member
    president (small p) Biden is also an absolute idiot so there is that...
  • RimfireRimfire Senior Member VirginiaPosts: 849 Senior Member
    edited April 2021 #4
    At what point does the oath of "perserve, protect, and defend the Constitution of United States of America" come into play?

I have more to say on this matter but recognize I would likely violate a few rules for expressing my opinion. So I won't.
    G&A Forum Member since: October 2000; Life Member: GOA, IWLA, NRA, & Escapees.
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Between Ft Lauderdale and MiamiPosts: 12,554 Senior Member
    GunNut said:
    president (small p) Biden is also an absolute idiot so there is that...
    There is that

What has me even more worried is the guy he plans to put in charge of the BATF-E
    The guy is a anti gun nut job that has been working with the traitor Mark Kelly the husband of Gabby Giffords.  Remember the guy who denounced guns, especially AR-15s,, then days later was on the news buying one for himself?  Advisor to a huge anti gun group, then put in charge of the BATF?  Sounds kind of unAmerican to me
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • BigslugBigslug Senior Member Posts: 9,692 Senior Member
    Cripes!  The 1990's sucked the first time I lived through them.
    WWJMBD?

"Nothing is safe from stupid." - Zee
  • Big Al1Big Al1 Senior Member Panama City, Fl.Posts: 8,683 Senior Member
    Bigslug said:
    YUP! The Klintons!!
  • JustsomedudeJustsomedude Posts: 1,369 Senior Member
    Anyone seen that bumpstocks are apparently legal again? And the atf arrested a guy for selling pictures of lightning links on sheet metal cards as well because apparently pictures are now machine guns.
    We've been conditioned to believe that obedience is virtuous and voting is freedom- 
  • GunNutGunNut Posts: 7,642 Senior Member
    Their coming after coat hangers next! 🤣
  • Johnny rebJohnny reb Member Posts: 715 Senior Member
    Bigslug said:
    I hate to say it but, those will be considered the good old days compared to what they have planned.
  • Johnny rebJohnny reb Member Posts: 715 Senior Member
    Diver43 said:
    https://www.yahoo.com/news/biden-announces-gun-control-executive-161114890.html

If he does not believe that our Constitution and its amendments are as he says absolute.  Just what is the Laws that our Country are based on?  Does this man consider him the tyrant that him and his followers accused Trump of being?  Or, he really senile and think he was elected king?

If the second is not absolute, neither are any of the others
    Since when do you think these idiots have ever read the constitution. These people seem to hate everything this country was founded on. 
    A committee's being formed to look at tampering with the SCOTUS.

There's abundant opportunity here to win the political battle for hearts and minds. No ammo shortage here at all.
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Between Ft Lauderdale and MiamiPosts: 12,554 Senior Member
    A committee's being formed to look at tampering with the SCOTUS.

There's abundant opportunity here to win the political battle for hearts and minds. No ammo shortage here at all.
    The organizations that we all support need to get the word out.  People that don't follow this stuff have no idea.  Joe sixpack needs to know they are not doing anything same about gun control and once the Constitution any part of it is changed, it's only a short time away from the End Of America as we know it.  Step on the 2nd, the 1st, 3rd, 4th and so on are next. The media holds the 1st dear. One would think they are afraid of being next.  Maybe that is why mist have sided with the left
    The SCOTUS news was on tv this morning. I think the idea of most people siding with the left is a mis-calculation. One that could insnare the incumbent administration and short circuit the current left trend. Unaffiliated independents can completely turn elections in an evenly divided electorate. The mass media are not the only one's that can paint and manipulate image. 
  • Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior Member Lake County, FloridaPosts: 7,927 Senior Member
    There's only one thing worse than an IDIOT, and that's an ARROGANT IDIOT!! I call Biden the "Resident," because he's nothing like any President I know.
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
    THE DEMOCRATS ARE THE NEW COMMUNISTS!
    Any time politicians or political pundants sound the end of the world alarm. It should be taken with a grain of salt.

Congressional control is a tenuous hold with a greased handle.
  • Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior Member Lake County, FloridaPosts: 7,927 Senior Member
    I wouldn't be scoffing at the possibility either.
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
    THE DEMOCRATS ARE THE NEW COMMUNISTS!
    AlongWentJones......
    Shoulda took JB with ya?
  • bisleybisley Senior Member East TexasPosts: 10,815 Senior Member
    The constitution was pretty much trampled a long time ago, except for the right to bear arms and a sizeable remnant of free speech.

Biden and his lefty puppeteers are the mop-up crew. All of the constitution s defenders are now having to start from the bottom up, in the individual states, where the legislators still answer to the people who elected them.