Home Main Category Second Amendment/Politics

Texas House Passes No License Carry

The Texas House of Representatives on Thursday gave initial approval to a "constitutional carry" bill that would allow for handguns to be carried, either openly or concealed, without a permit.

Bill will now advance to the Texas State Senate.

Replies

• JerryBobCoJerryBobCo Senior Member Podunk, Tx.Posts: 8,227 Senior Member
    got my fingers crossed this will pass.
    Jerry

Gun control laws make about as much sense as taking ex-lax to cure a cough.
  • bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 12,304 Senior Member
    Dan Patrick said this isn’t going to make it this time around.
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
  • JerryBobCoJerryBobCo Senior Member Podunk, Tx.Posts: 8,227 Senior Member
    Even though the Rs control 18 of 31 senatorial seats in the state, there's not enough support in the senate to pass the bill.  I just called my senator (Perry) and asked about his position on this.  He's for the bill, so I told the nice lady I spoke with that I was for it as well.

To all Texans, please call your senator and urge them to vote for this, or at least find out their position.  You can google who your senator is and how to contact them.  
    Jerry

Gun control laws make about as much sense as taking ex-lax to cure a cough.
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Merrritt Island, FLPosts: 25,219 Senior Member
    Even though the Rs control 18 of 31 senatorial seats in the state, there's not enough support in the senate to pass the bill.  I just called my senator (Perry) and asked about his position on this.  He's for the bill, so I told the nice lady I spoke with that I was for it as well.

To all Texans, please call your senator and urge them to vote for this, or at least find out their position.  You can google who your senator is and how to contact them.  
    Thus proving once again, that the Rs aren't interested in freedom either. The only thing they have going for them is that they're not Ds! Pure disgust.

-Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
    )O(