Home Main Category Second Amendment/Politics

need to pass through maryland

VarmintmistVarmintmist Senior MemberWestern PAPosts: 8,229 Senior Member
edited April 2021 in Second Amendment/Politics #1
Rifle unloaded in trunk cased, ammo separate in trunk might put the ammo in a locked toolbox. In MD are loaded magazines considered loaded weapons? Competition AR. Will only be in that orifice for a short time breaking back into the US in West By God pretty quick.
Only have to pass through, and for a very short time, then VA and it looks like they still recognize a PA permit and interstate travel with the rifle shouldn't be a prob. Anything new in VA that I cant find on the interwebs about passing through with a firearm?
It's boring, and your lack of creativity knows no bounds.

Replies

• Johnny rebJohnny reb Member Posts: 715 Senior Member
    The ammo should be separate from firearm and not easily accessible to occupants of vehicle. Maryland is fairly strict on gun laws. I would not have any loaded magazines. If you do as you have stated with rifle in a case and ammunition In another case you will be fine.
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Manistee Natl ForestPosts: 18,275 Senior Member
    Gas up before you get there...drive straight through...no stops if at all possible...Don't speed...
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
  • NNNN Senior Member NCPosts: 25,220 Senior Member
    Jayhawker said:
    Gas up before you get there...drive straight through...no stops if at all possible...Don't speed...
    That is how I've done it.
  • VarmintmistVarmintmist Senior Member Western PAPosts: 8,229 Senior Member
    Found a path that went through the least I could, maybe 8 min total before I got back into the US.
  • JustsomedudeJustsomedude Posts: 1,369 Senior Member
    I remember a story a few years ago about a guy traveling through DC that got pulled over for a traffic violation. Sometime during the stop, the LEO noticed a FIRED 22lr case and arrested the man for having a firearm or something along those lines. I can't remember the exact charge but they stuck it to the man dry.
    We've been conditioned to believe that obedience is virtuous and voting is freedom- 
  • Uncle FesterUncle Fester Senior Member Texas as soon as I can get there.Posts: 1,628 Senior Member
    If you do get stopped, don’t do anything to make them search your vehicle.  Anything remotely controversial should be well out of sight.
  • VarmintmistVarmintmist Senior Member Western PAPosts: 8,229 Senior Member
    I put it all in the trunk rifle and handgun cased, ammo in a can as per fed regs and found a path through MAOyland that takes you from the US and back to the US in about 5 min.