Home Main Category Clubhouse

Share your latest scary "unarmed" dreams with us.

GermanShepherdGermanShepherd Posts: 61 Member
These are the kinds of bad dreams where you wished you had a gun, you are out of ammo OR the gun fails to fire when it really needs to when faced with the "boogieman". Mine seemed to have been brought on by the current threat of the Left to disarm Americans.

Scary Tiger Dream Story

I just woke up from an afternoon nap just an hour ago. It was a weird dream. My German shepherd dog and I were threatened by a growling tiger. I didn't even have a gun to shoot the stupid thing. I tried stabbing at the cat with a long stick I had. The dog then fought the big striped cat. I saw a gate in a chain link fence nearby and I thought about getting behind the gate and closing it. I woke up. End of story.

How could I ever dream of being in tiger country not armed with something that goes BANG. I think it has something to with gun-grabbing politicians no doubt.

PS- When I was 11, I was terrorized by a yowling mountain lion in my sleep. A Disney film spawned that. I have had one or two bad tiger dreams earlier than that in life. The bad tiger dreams were brought on by a Captain Kangaroo TV show story about a camel that ventured into the dark jungle all alone.

Shepherds in Germany? WOOF!!!!

Replies

• ZeeZee Senior Member Posts: 24,906 Senior Member

You do NOT disappoint!  

"To Hell with efficiency, it's performance we want!" - Elmer Keith
  • earlyagainearlyagain Posts: 7,254 Senior Member
    In the past. Usually after having ridden with someone that drives too fast for me. I'll dream Im careening down a steep hill or driving off a cliff.  No gun handy. What good would it do?
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 17,283 Senior Member

Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
  • sakodudesakodude Senior Member Posts: 4,111 Senior Member
    Makes me wish I had a longbow. 
    Jayhawker said:

That made me laugh!

See!!!  This guy IS useful!!
    sakodude said:
    And another chuckle. Well played. 
    sakodude said:
    Or some other " release fire" weapon
    Jayhawker said:
    sakodude said:
    Just roll with it, man. There is so much potential!!
    Doing my best....
    Jayhawker said:

I swear......this is one of the funniest posts I’ve seen in a LONG time. So simple. So funny. 
  • SpkSpk Senior Member Posts: 4,282 Senior Member
    My last tiger dream involved a loin cloth, a bear some monkeys, a musical number and "Yes" I was unarmed.

Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience -- Mark Twain
    How easy it is to make people believe a lie, and [how] hard it is to undo that work again! -- Mark Twain

Spk said:
    My last tiger dream involved a loin cloth, a bear some monkeys, a musical number and "Yes" I was unarmed.

Reenactment video or it didn’t happen. 
  • GunNutGunNut Posts: 6,895 Senior Member
    Zee said:
    Spk said:

Lead will be played by Zorba, just for you…
    Old West Saying: God created men, but Col. Sam Colt made them equal.

General George Patton:  “Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.”

GunNut said:
    Zee said:
    Spk said:

I withdraw my request. 

It didn’t happen. 
    Zee said:
    GunNut said:
    Zee said:
    Spk said:

I withdraw my request. 

It didn’t happen. 
    Too late, I hear his little finger cymbals coming down the hall....  I’m out of here...

General George Patton:  “Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.”

• JustsomedudeJustsomedude Posts: 662 Senior Member
    How about you boys not ban him yet again, especially since he never once broke any rule. 
  • GermanShepherdGermanShepherd Posts: 61 Member
    edited May 4 #18
    Spk said:

At least I was armed with a long stick, a dog and a possible chain-link fence as a shield.  My dog and I escaped that dream without a scratch when I woke up. Please don't ever venture into real-world tiger (or lion, bear, wolf or cougar) country without the proper provisions.

Quite frankly, I don't know how a tiger ended up on American soil anyway. I certainly wasn't in India. I would never have any desire to go there. Must have escaped from the imaginary zoo or circus of my slumbers.
  • dlddld Member Posts: 418 Member
    lets see,

your dream may mean you had a domineering mother that would come in your bedroom at night and glare and snarl at you. Your dog would stand between you and her to protect you. Or maybe you ate some thing bad at supper and or drank to, too, two and 2 much. or you just have weird dreams
    How about you boys not ban him yet again, especially since he never once broke any rule. 
    Actually he has...once you get banned, you don't come back...no matter how many times you change your username...and this guy isn't even good at it...
  • JustsomedudeJustsomedude Posts: 662 Senior Member
    That's assuming that he was banned for actually breaking a rule. I'm fairly certain that preaching to the choir isn't on the list of bannable offenses. That's like a cop trying to arrest you for a secondary charge when he never had probable cause for a primary offense.
    edited May 4 #22
    A discussion on bad dreams is no choir preaching. There's no harm, good folks. It certainly isn't something that deserves the boot. People might get booted if the mods don't even like the eye color of a member maybe. Humans discriminate and play favorites for thousands of reasons. People might get booted for posting a picture of a pink AMC Pacer if the mods just happen to hate such cars. A lot of giving folks the boot might be political or religious.

Anyway I've had a number of bad dreams where I didn't have a good gun in my hand to come to the rescue. The more bad dreams I have about being unarmed at a bad moment, the more progressively pro-gun I become in the real world. The bad dreams are a portent not to literally give up my guns or do without them somewhere spooky.
  • sakodudesakodude Senior Member Posts: 4,111 Senior Member
    I dreamt I was running full speed, in sheer terror, naked! with an angry pizza holding a knife right behind me screaming "I need some Pepperoni!!!"  

Does this mean anything?!?!?!?  I do love pepperoni pizza...

• bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 11,397 Senior Member
    A discussion on bad dreams is no choir preaching. There's no harm, good folks. It certainly isn't something that deserves the boot. People might get booted if the mods don't even like the eye color of a member maybe. Humans discriminate and play favorites for thousands of reasons. People might get booted for posting a picture of a pink AMC Pacer if the mods just happen to hate such cars. A lot of giving folks the boot might be political or religious.
    Nope!  No one here has EVER gotten the boot for something not specifically against the rules.  

Let us be perfectly clear.  It is abundantly clear from your writing and just plain weirdness that you are the latest incarnation of the troll that has been banned from here about 15 times now who was originally known as “bobert”

Being banned and returning under false pretenses is a bannable offense.  

Right now, you are being kept around for entertainment
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
    edited May 4 #26
    GunNut said:
    I dreamt I was running full speed, in sheer terror, naked! with an angry pizza holding a knife right behind me screaming "I need some Pepperoni!!!"  

Does this mean anything?!?!?!?  I do love pepperoni pizza...

Are you serious? I do have bad dreams about things that are possible in the real world. A bad human, a rabid dog or a mean wild animal. Sometimes even about Bigfoot.
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 24,174 Senior Member
    Jayhawker said:
    sakodude said:
    How about a hand grenade?
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
    zorba said:
    Jayhawker said:
    sakodude said:
    How about a hand grenade?
    There are few human problems that cannot be solved with an adequate charge of high explosive...
  • JerryBobCoJerryBobCo Senior Member Posts: 8,189 Senior Member
    I dreamed once that a rabid gopher ran up my pants leg.  I drowned him before he got to my knee.

Does that count?

Jerry

Gun control laws make about as much sense as taking ex-lax to cure a cough.
    edited May 4 #30
    Nope!  No one here has EVER gotten the boot for something not specifically against the rules.  

Let us be perfectly clear.  It is abundantly clear from your writing and just plain weirdness that you are the latest incarnation of the troll that has been banned from here about 15 times now who was originally known as “bobert”

I get the funny notion my PC or its Internet connection is being tracked or spied upon. It is moderators with arrogant attitudes such as yours that put the cause of preserving American gun rights in great harm. Can you prove that I am that "someone else" you speak of? Is there a program that analyzes writing? You should learn how to be nice to people. Shame on you!

I get the funny notion my PC or its Internet connection is being tracked or spied upon. It is moderators with arrogant attitudes such as yours that put the cause of preserving American gun rights in great harm. Can you prove that I am that "someone else" you speak of? Is there a program that analyzes writing? You should learn how to be nice to people. Shame on you!
    Not paranoid or anything are you?

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to recognize the same writing style ( especially when one has seen it so many times) no matter whose username it's been posted under...Not to mention the overall strangeness of your posts....

Frankly...you contribute nothing of substance to the Forum...since the only posts you respond to are your own...