Home Main Category Clubhouse

Wish me luck for surgery

Replies

• GunNutGunNut Posts: 7,642 Senior Member
    Michakav said:
    No idea what happened, but it is back today..... :'(
    Well that sucks...  
  • JustsomedudeJustsomedude Posts: 1,073 Senior Member
    I'm not being funny at all with this story here, but I had something similar done that poor Michakav had to have done. Same ordeal as a cute girl probably in her mid 20's walks in with the Dr and I wanted to dig a hole and hide but remind myself that they see this stuff day in and day out. Anyhow, procedure goes through and I'm headed out and standing at the rescheduling window that's nearest the other rooms where I had passed a guy pushing an old lady, probably in her 80's via wheelchair to one of the rooms and the Dr goes in also. I dont know why but the door was left open during questioning. The lady says she was using the bathroom, felt alot of pressure, a pop and something came out. Dr asks if it was stool? She says no. Now I'm in full on **** mode and even thought to myself:
    "Jesus Christ, this old lady's butthole fell out and this poor guy has to deal with that!"
    I finally rescheduled a follow up and did the John Wayne walk as I left the building headed for the truck.
    We've been conditioned to believe that obedience is virtuous and voting is freedom- 
  • AntonioAntonio Senior Member Posts: 2,986 Senior Member
    edited May 28 #34
    You better ask the doctor to check your gall bladder. Not unusual that stones or mud in it are the cause of the problem. Poor flow of bile results in a relatively poor digestion.

How to cure them:

1) Stop eating, No food in your system means "nothing" to digest, so no bowel movement and therefore no stool going through the affected area. For the next maybe 4 days be prepared to drink ANYTHING but water. You can only eat VERY small amounts of unprocessed food with the highest possible fiber content like a cup of just boiled white beans, or a small strip of melon, or an orange or a thin strip of avocado and such, ONE item per each meal tops. Add to that a spoonful of pure natural bran with a glass of water; yes, like eating sawdust but that's what it is.

2) Lay in bed for the 4 days, so your body weight won't be doing down the affected area like when you're seated or standing. No walking unless strictly necessary, no driving, no seating for longer than a few minutes.

3) Apply any medically approved ointment over the area. Be prepared to have a few hellish painful nights, usually a couple while the inflamed tissue eases down.

4) After this take it very easy. The more time you can spend in bed the better. Keep the same diet (Unless with some particular medical condition, most of us won't die from starvation by SEVERELY restricting our food ingestion for a while) and increase portions little by little to keep avoiding continued bowel movement so affected area can recover.

After a few days, maybe a week the wound will begin to heal, pain will go away and things will gradually return to their place.

To avoid having this problem again you'd have to increase A LOT your consumption of fiber-rich natural foods while avoiding like the plague the following: Caffeine drinks, tea, coffee, sodas, alcohol, chocolate, red meat, sausages, cheese, sweets, and fried, salty and spicy food (Chiles, onions, garlic, pepper, etc.). Also decrease the size of your portions to at least 3/4 and reduce your body weight in at least 10%. Avoid staying seated for long times and drink all the water you can.

You can treat yourself every once in a while with a steak, some hot wings, a Hershey's bar or a couple of beers, but unless you radically change your diet for good towards more vegetables then animal protein, drink more water & natural juices (Those you squeeze, not the ones you open) and hugely increase NATURAL fiber-rich food consumption the problem will eventually return no matter what.

Just an advice. Hope it helps.
  • SpkSpk Senior Member Posts: 4,546 Senior Member
    If the doctor ever tells you it's not awkward, tell them to drop their pants and spread the cheeks and then say it's not awkward.
    Somehow, I don't think they'll be so confident when their butt is on the line.
    Anyway, sorry to hear it's back. I'll pray it's not one of those recurring ones. Those are terrible.
    Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience -- Mark Twain
    How easy it is to make people believe a lie, and [how] hard it is to undo that work again! -- Mark Twain

• zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 24,665 Senior Member
    Michakav said:
    GunNut said:
    Michakav said:
    Went about how I thought it would. The numbing was painful and the nurse holding my cheeks apart made me feel violated. Still numb.
    Here’s hoping it was a female nurse! 🥂
    Why was I hoping for a male? Pretty sure it would have been less awkward. You know, no attraction and we have each other's back (butt).

People are different - I vastly prefer a female in a medical setting.
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
    )O(
  • VarmintmistVarmintmist Senior Member Posts: 7,673 Senior Member
    Michakav said:
    GunNut said:
    Michakav said:
    Went about how I thought it would. The numbing was painful and the nurse holding my cheeks apart made me feel violated. Still numb.
    Here’s hoping it was a female nurse! 🥂
    Why was I hoping for a male? Pretty sure it would have been less awkward. You know, no attraction and we have each other's back (butt).

Depends on the hold
    It's boring, and your lack of creativity knows no bounds.
  • SpkSpk Senior Member Posts: 4,546 Senior Member
    As long as this dude isn't the nurse.
    :#
    Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience -- Mark Twain
    How easy it is to make people believe a lie, and [how] hard it is to undo that work again! -- Mark Twain

• MichakavMichakav Senior Member Posts: 2,877 Senior Member
    edited May 28 #39
    GunNut said:
    Michakav said:
    No idea what happened, but it is back today..... :'(
    Well that sucks...  
    They told me it's just inflammation. All I know is that it is the same size as yesterday and still draining a lot. Does not hurt as bad though, so they may be right. Or it's just because the pressure is being relieved.
    😆😆😆
    We've been conditioned to believe that obedience is virtuous and voting is freedom- 
    🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
  • FreezerFreezer Senior Member Posts: 2,143 Senior Member
    This got me thinking of HvyMax, a pain in the butt that keeps coming back and as hard as you try you can't forget.
    I like Elmer Keith; I married his daughter :wink:
    edited June 8 #44
    Has went down to marble sized and still bleeding somewhat. 3rd week off work. Going back in Thursday for a "consolt" with the doctor that cut it. Already know he is going to say go to the ER like he has for the last 10 days. HOW is this an ER situation? Just cut the damn thing off and call it a day. Oh, he also covers the ER. Imagine that. Cost X3!
    He cut and squeezed it again. I hope this is it!
    edited June 10 #46
    Michakav said:
    Ice, Ice baby!!! 

Best of luck buddy!  Now that I think about it, don't they normally cut and cauterize those?
    edited June 11 #47
    GunNut said:
    Michakav said:
    Ice, Ice baby!!! 

Best of luck buddy!  Now that I think about it, don't they normally cut and cauterize those?
    They would if they did a hemorrhoidectomy. Which also involves cutting the blood vessels. These so far have just been an incision to remove the clots. No sutures used. Doctor told me yesterday that he try's to avoid doing them because of the pain involved. That is the next step if it doesn't work this time. 
    Well I learned something new today.  👍
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 24,665 Senior Member
    GunNut said:
    So did I, but I'm not sure I wanted to learn that... ;)
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
    )O(
    zorba said:
    GunNut said:
    Knowledge is good.  It’s the visualization that’ll haunt you…
  • JaphyJaphy Posts: 160 Member
    GunNut you nailed on anesthesiologist bedside manner
    last time i had an encounter with an anesthesiologist the last thing I remember hearing:
    "lights out meatball"

edited June 11 #52
    GunNut said:
    zorba said:
    GunNut said:
    Knowledge is good.  It’s the visualization that’ll haunt you…

Many have said I have a very nice butt! Don't think they meant that part of it, but I am rolling with it. Made a joke to the nurse (same as the first time) when she brang in the "tools"  that we had to quit meeting like this. She didn't come back in to hold my cheek. But, it was a rather attractive younger MA that got the duty. I think we bonded do to my pain tolerance. At least that's what I am choosing to believe. Told her I needed a "slip" to cover me for work and short term. She asked if I wanted all next week since she was going to be the one typing it up. Told her Tuesday would be great since I have a funeral to go to out of town this weekend. Yea, she wanted me! I was surprised she was so into potbellied, balding, bloody butt older men.
    Japhy said:
    last time i had an encounter with an anesthesiologist the last thing I remember hearing:
    "lights out meatball"

I always enjoy attempting to fight the forced sleep which I never seem to get more than 10 seconds into. I am notorious for awakening during anesthesia though.
    Japhy said:
    "lights out meatball"

My dad used to describe his job as follows:  I read a chart and as soon as I meet the patient I drug-force them to shut the hell up.  I barely keep them alive during the surgery and just before I need them to wake up I cut the gas and drugs and I'm having coffee before the idiot is conscious and asking dumb-ass questions to the Doctors that actually care...
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 22,376 Senior Member
    edited June 12 #55
    My normal talk the anesthesiologist, "Doc, I ain't paying you to put me to sleep, I can get stuff that will do that on the street. What I'm paying you for it to wake me up when they're finished.
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• ojrojr Senior Member Posts: 1,208 Senior Member
    Hope it all goes very well and you can put it .. behind you.
    The flight was uneventful, which is what one wants when one is transporting an Elephant.
     Reuters, Dec 2020.
    knitepoet said:
    My normal talk the anesthesiologist, "Doc, I ain't paying you to put me to sleep, I can get stuff that will do that on the street. What I'm paying you for it to wake me up when they're finished.
    Bingo!
  • Vic's ViewpointVic's Viewpoint Senior Member Posts: 1,215 Senior Member
    Hope it works this time.  Stitches can be bitches.
    Member formerly known as "vlafrank."
  • LinefinderLinefinder Moderator Posts: 7,534 Senior Member
    knitepoet said:
    This. The best man at my first wedding was an ER Recovery nurse. He said the reason anesthesiologists are the highest paid staff member at a hospital is because they come closer to killing you than anyone you're likely to ever meet and are responsible for the aftermath.

Mike
    "Walking away seems to be a lost art form."
    N454casull
    knitepoet said:
    This. The best man at my first wedding was an ER Recovery nurse. He said the reason anesthesiologists are the highest paid staff member at a hospital is because they come closer to killing you than anyone you're likely to ever meet and are responsible for the aftermath.

Mike
    Yep, that’s exactly right.
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 22,376 Senior Member
    Linefinder said:

The best man at my first wedding was an ER Recovery nurse. He said the reason anesthesiologists are the highest paid staff member at a hospital is because they come closer to killing you than anyone you're likely to ever meet and are responsible for the aftermath.

Mike
    LOL
    Well said 
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.