Home Main Category Personal Defense

Carry Belts

knitepoetknitepoet Senior MemberPosts: 21,947 Senior Member
Just ordered my second 1/4" thick belt from BullHide belts
https://www.bullhidebelts.com/
This is my 3rd belt from them and I've been thoroughly please with the quality of their other 2.
Prices aren't bad either.
(3rd belt is an nylon belt, that they no longer carry)

No connection with them, just thought I'd pass it along if anyone's in the market for a new belt
Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

Replies

• sakodudesakodude Senior Member Posts: 4,229 Senior Member
    Look like some very nice products. Thanks for the link.
  • GunNutGunNut Posts: 7,642 Senior Member
    They do have very nice stuff!  I’ve pretty much given up on leather gun belts.  Nowadays I live in .511 reversible nylon belt.  For mid $20s they are a great deal and since they are reversible (black/kaki) they are very versatile, and the one I have on today is about 10+years old and still looks new!
    Old West Saying: God created men, but Col. Sam Colt made them equal.

General George Patton:  “Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.”

• JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 17,511 Senior Member
    An often overlooked part of toting a handgun around...my Ross Leather double thick bullhide gun belt is over ten years old and still does the job...
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 21,947 Senior Member
    sakodude said:
    Look like some very nice products. Thanks for the link.
    You're welcome

GunNut said:
    They do have very nice stuff!  I’ve pretty much given up on leather gun belts.  Nowadays I live in .511 reversible nylon belt.  For mid $20s they are a great deal and since they are reversible (black/kaki) they are very versatile, and the one I have on today is about 10+years old and still looks new!
    511 doesn't make things in my size

Jayhawker said:
    An often overlooked part of toting a handgun around...my Ross Leather double thick bullhide gun belt is over ten years old and still does the job...
    Yes sir, a good belt makes a HUGE difference, especially when the weight of your CCW increases 
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 21,947 Senior Member
    Got my new one yesterday. It's every bit a quality piece of leather as my first one

• shotgunshooter3shotgunshooter3 Senior Member Posts: 5,862 Senior Member
    I use an Ares Gear Aegis for EDC, but one of my dress belts is a steel lined 1.25" wide Bull Hide belt. I am very impressed with the quality for the price. 
    - I am a rifleman with a poorly chosen screen name. -
    "Slow is smooth, smooth is fast, and speed is the economy of motion" - Scott Jedlinski
  • BigslugBigslug Senior Member Posts: 8,615 Senior Member
    Found myself on a camping/hunting trip a couple years ago.  Managed to bring the hunting pants beater belt, but forgot to pack the go-to-town belt.

Found myself in the local K-Mart and bought a Dickies 1.5" wide x 1/10" thick basic, Made-in-Guatemala black leather strap with no stitching other than the essentials at the buckle end.  Paid about 20 bucks for it as I recall, and it's worked as well or better for EDC than anything I've had that's marketed for the purpose. 
    WWJMBD?

"Nothing is safe from stupid." - Zee
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 24,923 Senior Member
    I just bought a 

Industrial Strength Leather Belt from Dickies.

It seems strong enough for a carry belt and is quite comfortable. $20 plus shipping.