Home Main Category General Firearms

True Velocity's Collector Edition (Put down the crack pipe)

knitepoetknitepoet Senior MemberPosts: 22,202 Senior Member
https://tvammostore.com/product/308-winchester-launch-edition/

Tue Velocity, the folks that make polymer cased rifle ammo, are apparently getting close to market with their ammo. SO they had the bright idea of selling a 22 round "Collector Edition" box with a challenge coin with a 1MOA hole in the middle and a small note book.
All for the paltry sum of $159.99

Do they think their ammo is going to become collectible or something?

Thoughts???

Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

Replies

• breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 13,692 Senior Member
    Stuff that goes out of production can become collectible.  OTOH, it could become like the Colt All American 2000.
    Overkill is underrated.
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 24,595 Senior Member
    I think most folks would like to try their ammo. This ain't the way to encourage it. It'll either take off, or follow the 'Tround' into history. Much like anything else.
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
  • SpkSpk Senior Member Posts: 4,495 Senior Member
    I think they're still in Government Contractor mode. 🤣
    Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience -- Mark Twain
    How easy it is to make people believe a lie, and [how] hard it is to undo that work again! -- Mark Twain

• PFDPFD Senior Member Posts: 1,594 Senior Member
    Bbuuutt it's 30% lighter!
    That's all I got.

Paul
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 22,202 Senior Member
    PFD said:
    Bbuuutt it's 30% lighter!
    And 300%+ more expensive.

Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• BigslugBigslug Senior Member Posts: 8,753 Senior Member
    So, they charge you a hundred and sixty bucks for a collector package of 22 of their trend-setting rounds, a challenge coin, and a DOPE book.  Obviously, the intent is for you to encase it in carbonite like Han Solo with the intent of it being worth something down the road.

But your purchase also includes a recycling bag for your spent casings, so maybe they're hoping you load up on the stuff. . .  :D
    WWJMBD?

"Nothing is safe from stupid." - Zee
    Bigslug said:
    So, they charge you a hundred and sixty bucks for a collector package of 22 of their trend-setting rounds, a challenge coin, and a DOPE book.  Obviously, the intent is for you to encase it in carbonite like Han Solo with the intent of it being worth something down the road.

But your purchase also includes a recycling bag for your spent casings, so maybe they're hoping you load up on the stuff. . .  :D
    That is slightly ironic

• BigslugBigslug Senior Member Posts: 8,753 Senior Member
    And wait a minute. . .isn't one of the major selling points of polymer cases is that they're supposed to be CHEAPER???

I think they rally around Marley's anthem:

"I smoke two joints in the morning.
    I smoke two joints at night.
    I smoke two joints in the afternoon;
    they make me feel alright.
    I smoke two joints in time of peace,
    and two in time of war.
    I smoke two joints before I smoke two joints
    and then I smoke two more."
    WWJMBD?

"Nothing is safe from stupid." - Zee
  • SpkSpk Senior Member Posts: 4,495 Senior Member
    What I imagine a True Velocity board meeting is like after they receive your bag of spent casings.
    Not only did you throw away your investment but you've given them an opportunity to make even more money 💰
    Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience -- Mark Twain
    How easy it is to make people believe a lie, and [how] hard it is to undo that work again! -- Mark Twain

• Uncle FesterUncle Fester Senior Member Posts: 1,479 Senior Member
    True Velocity’s other business is Prescription Drug pricing.
    Well, now they have their retail boxes for sale.
    $69.99/20
    $3.50/rnd for 308 ammo
    Thanks, but no thanks
    https://tvammostore.com/product/308-win/

• mitdr774mitdr774 Member Posts: 1,582 Senior Member
    Just wait till that start making .22LR and selling it for $1/round.