Home Main Category Hunting

375 is now sighted in

TurdusMerulaTurdusMerula MemberPosts: 356 Member
…and oh boy how it functions.

Started with 200 grainers at 2920fps. Recoils is about the same as 30-06 with hunting rounds and suppressor. Took me two shots to get it sighted. Measuring tape, working adjustment clicks and calculator works wonders

Then loaded hunting ammo using 250gr ttsx’s. Didn’t see any pressure indications but stopped at 2745fps as it seemed to be accurate load. Three shot group in the picture

All in all I’m very pleased with the rifle and caliber. I shot 40 rounds today without any pains in my shoulder. Suppressor cuts recoil very nicely helped with the weight of the rifle.
Action functions flawlessy and feeds and ejects without a hiss. Set trigger is something that will take time to get used to.
Now I just wait for the season to start.

To see a World in a Grain of Sand And a Heaven in a Wild Flower
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand And Eternity in an hour
-William Blake-

Replies

• Wambli SkaWambli Ska Posts: 3,267 Senior Member
    Yep “seems” accurate! 😁

That'll work just fine! ❤️
    I’m baaaaaaaaack… 😬
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 12,197 Senior Member
    Excellent
    you got yourself a winner
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • mitdr774mitdr774 Member Posts: 1,772 Senior Member
  • earlyagainearlyagain Posts: 7,928 Senior Member
    Makes big holes!
  • Johnny rebJohnny reb Member Posts: 715 Senior Member
    …and oh boy how it functions.

Started with 200 grainers at 2920fps. Recoils is about the same as 30-06 with hunting rounds and suppressor. Took me two shots to get it sighted. Measuring tape, working adjustment clicks and calculator works wonders

Then loaded hunting ammo using 250gr ttsx’s. Didn’t see any pressure indications but stopped at 2745fps as it seemed to be accurate load. Three shot group in the picture

All in all I’m very pleased with the rifle and caliber. I shot 40 rounds today without any pains in my shoulder. Suppressor cuts recoil very nicely helped with the weight of the rifle.
    Action functions flawlessy and feeds and ejects without a hiss. Set trigger is something that will take time to get used to.
    Now I just wait for the season to start.

The .375 is very versatile round. Curious as to weight? Im going to guess 5.8kg. 
  • Johnny rebJohnny reb Member Posts: 715 Senior Member
    Are you using the Norma 200-201-202 powders? I am curious to what powders. The .375 with a 270gr bullet almost duplicates the trajectory of a 30-06 and .180gr bullet at 300yds. 
  • ojrojr Senior Member Posts: 1,298 Senior Member
    Beautiful
    The flight was uneventful, which is what one wants when one is transporting an Elephant.
     Reuters, Dec 2020.