Home Main Category Hunting

We've got hogs

Jeff in TXJeff in TX Senior MemberPosts: 2,440 Senior Member
I finally got around to pulling the camera cards.  No bucks on the seven cameras just does.  It's been like this for the last few years.  Towards the end of Sept beginning of Oct we'll start seeing the bucks.  It's strange it goes like this.  My neighbor has all bucks and few does on his cameras.  Time will sort it out!

The one thing I have is lots of hogs.  It's just too hot to go out and hunt them!  We'll start around the first of Oct!  One cool picture of lightning in the back ground.

Distance is not an issue, but the wind can make it interesting!

John 3: 1-21

Replies

• ZeeZee Senior Member Posts: 27,568 Senior Member
    Just a few. 
    "To Hell with efficiency, it's performance we want!" - Elmer Keith
  • JayJay Senior Member Posts: 4,371 Senior Member
    The game cams seem to be indicating around 75-80 degrees in the evenings.. You just need NV capability and it won't be too hot..  :D
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 14,291 Senior Member
    Glad to see you are going to be hunting this year hey, start eating the pigs, quit feeding them ;)
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • orchidmanorchidman Senior Member Posts: 8,365 Senior Member
    They are not hogs, they are bacon that just hasnt been cured yet..............
    Still enjoying the trip of a lifetime and making the best of what I have.....
  • Jeff in TXJeff in TX Senior Member Posts: 2,440 Senior Member
    Jay said:
    The game cams seem to be indicating around 75-80 degrees in the evenings.. You just need NV capability and it won't be too hot..  :D
    We actually hit 64 degrees last night which was wonderful!

• JayJay Senior Member Posts: 4,371 Senior Member
    It was 59 at my place yesterday morning when I got up just before sunrise. Made me want to sleep in a little longer. I'm very ready for cooler weather.. 
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 12,193 Senior Member
    Jay said:
    We actually hit 64 degrees last night which was wonderful!
    People would get out winter coats here if it got that cool
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • jbp-ohiojbp-ohio Senior Member Posts: 10,697 Senior Member
    Jay said:
    It was 59 at my place yesterday morning when I got up just before sunrise. Made me want to sleep in a little longer. I'm very ready for cooler weather.. 
    I don't know if is the after effects of covid or just getting old...... but I did not do well in the heat at work this summer. I've worked in way hotter places before and it didn't bother me.... No more I guess
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." Thomas Jefferson
  • BigslugBigslug Senior Member Posts: 9,402 Senior Member

"Horrible, yes, but we have been invaded.  Lord, what can we do?"

"Kill them Sir.  Kill every last man of them." :D
    WWJMBD?

"Nothing is safe from stupid." - Zee
  • Jeff in TXJeff in TX Senior Member Posts: 2,440 Senior Member
    jbp-ohio said:
    Jay said:
    I don't know if is the after effects of covid or just getting old...... but I did not do well in the heat at work this summer. I've worked in way hotter places before and it didn't bother me.... No more I guess
    I'm right there with you.  Up until covid I could work outside during the hot part of the day.  No more, the heat takes it out of me quickly now!