Night Stand Gun

Replies

• Wambli SkaWambli Ska Posts: 3,243 Senior Member
    Japhy said:
    Need one for each hand and left foot?
    Breakfast, lunch and dinner guns… 😎
    I’m baaaaaaaaack… 😬
  • ZeeZee Senior Member Posts: 27,572 Senior Member
    Ironically, on my way to the ranch today, I ran a few errands. I was actually carrying 3 handguns on me while doing so. 
    My duty sidearms, my ranch gun, and the new LCR I was planning to test at the ranch. 
    Nobody noticed or cared. 

I had four knives on me as well. Damn. I’m an odd ball. 
    "To Hell with efficiency, it's performance we want!" - Elmer Keith
  • Some_MookSome_Mook Posts: 603 Senior Member
    Zee said:
    Damn. I’m an odd ball. 
    There was a Game Warden in Mingo county, WV whose back-up weapon of choice was a hand grenade. 

You ain't there.   

Yet.
    "If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my child may have peace." - Thomas Paine
    "I know my place in the world and it ain’t standing next to Jerry Miculek" - Zee
    Zee said:
    Ironically, on my way to the ranch today, I ran a few errands. I was actually carrying 3 handguns on me while doing so. 
    My duty sidearms, my ranch gun, and the new LCR I was planning to test at the ranch. 
    Nobody noticed or cared. 

Why yes… yes you are…   :D

Funny, while I still strongly believe that concealed means concealed and I do understand the tactical advantage, over the years of been living in an open carry state, what my daughter lovingly calls “My Field of FŪÇKŚ to Give” has become barren.  Living in a state/area where guns are commonly accepted and open carry is pretty widely practiced has made me a little less anal retentive.  And where a larger shirt or heavier garment was called upon once, now a t-shirt made of spider webs and unicorn farts fabric will just do and if I print, I print.

So far no one has even raised an eyebrow…

BTW why is it impossible nowadays to buy t-shirts made of real materials?  Every T-shirt out there made today seems to be made of some ultra light crap!
    I’m baaaaaaaaack… 😬
    Enzo, you might find something you like at the Duluth Trading Company website.  Or try Carhartt
    "If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my child may have peace." - Thomas Paine
    "I know my place in the world and it ain’t standing next to Jerry Miculek" - Zee
    Even the Carhartt stuff nowadays seems a lot lighter than I remember but I’m glad you mentioned Duluth.  I forgot about them!  Gotta check that website, I need a few new t-shirts.
    I’m baaaaaaaaack… 😬
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 18,143 Senior Member
    On those days I'm carrying my LCR, while I have a nice paddle holster for it, most days I use a Sticky Holster and carry it in the back pocket of my Wranglers...easy enough to grab in a hurry but still not obvious unless someone is closely checking out my ass...
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 25,045 Senior Member
    Ya know, they make fishnet t-shirts now!
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
    )O(
    zorba said:
    Ya know, they make fishnet t-shirts now!
    No…
    I’m baaaaaaaaack… 😬
  • LinefinderLinefinder Moderator Posts: 7,762 Senior Member
    I think I would look good in a fishnet tee. Just sayin'.

Mike
    "Walking away seems to be a lost art form."
    N454casull
    I think I would look good in a fishnet tee. Just sayin'.

Mike
    Why does that make me think of Hank Azaria cleaning Robin Williams apartment in the movie The Bird Cage?  Would you be sporting the ultra-short cut off jeans as well?
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 14,291 Senior Member
    Zee said:
    Nobody noticed or cared. 

How do you keep your pants up? In the woods all weekend with just the Jframe, 2 speed loaders, and a knife and felt weighed down wrestling with a walk behind brush cutter.
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
    CHIRO1989 said:
    Zee said:
    Nobody noticed or cared. 

How do you keep your pants up? In the woods all weekend with just the Jframe, 2 speed loaders, and a knife and felt weighed down wrestling with a walk behind brush cutter.
    One was in a sling bag. Another was on my belt, and the LCR was in my pocket. 
    I didn’t intend to carry all three. Just didn’t want to leave them in the vehicle while running errands. Once I got to the ranch, it was just the Charter Arms I carried around. 
  • JKPJKP Senior Member Posts: 2,567 Senior Member
    I've moved away from the night stand and have mounted a magnet on the back of my headboard. I can easily access the gun and it's not where anyone would go hunting for it.

Of course others are here and there in the house...
  • JustsomedudeJustsomedude Posts: 1,323 Senior Member
    Zee said:
    Nobody noticed or cared. 

Should have worn the kilt. Nobody notices your carry gun when they're checking out those legs 🦵 
    We've been conditioned to believe that obedience is virtuous and voting is freedom- 
    Side Bar:
    You know!?!  I’ve never killed a deer in a kilt!
    I have a new challenge this season. 

You may continue. 
    😂
    We've been conditioned to believe that obedience is virtuous and voting is freedom- 
    Pics or it didn't happen. 
    Pics or it didn't happen. 
    I will squat just right with my kill. 

(I’ve dove hunted in a kilt. Have not deer hunted, though. )
    Better yet, do the Samuel Adams with your kill 😆
    Better yet, do the Samuel Adams with your kill 😆
    Don’t know that one. 
    One foot elevated on the deer and your hands fisted against your hips. Perfect for a kilt lol.
    One foot elevated on the deer and your hands fisted against your hips. Perfect for a kilt lol.
    That’s Captain Morgan. 

Oh ****, you're correct. It's been a long time since I've drank. Sam Adams came to mind.
    Yeah, don’t do that… 
    I’m baaaaaaaaack… 😬
  • Ernie BishopErnie Bishop Senior Member Posts: 8,532 Senior Member
    Regardless of the time of day or location, quick access cannot be overstated.
    Ernie

"The Un-Tactical"

• BigslugBigslug Senior Member Posts: 9,403 Senior Member
    A.P. photo showing deer harvested with Texas heart shot being field-dressed by hunter wearing traditional Scottish garb -  - a method known among locals as "rectum and kiltum".
    WWJMBD?

"Nothing is safe from stupid." - Zee
  • Gene LGene L Senior Member Posts: 12,617 Senior Member
    Zee said:
    Side Bar:
    You know!?!  I’ve never killed a deer in a kilt!
    I have a new challenge this season. 

You may continue. 
    I've never seen a deer in a kilt.  Around here they wear bluejeans.
    Concealed carry is for protection, open carry is for attention.
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 18,143 Senior Member
    My cousin shot a coyote in his underwear...
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"