Home Main Category Clubhouse

I think I’m going to love our new neighborhood…

Wambli SkaWambli Ska Posts: 3,221 Senior Member
edited September 2021 in Clubhouse #1
We’ve been looking at options for area/towns to move to.  Went around a turn and bumped into a black bear crossing the road 😎

He was moving too fast so no pics BUT snagged these while driving around some of the places were looking at.

One of the local post office/General Store 👍

One thing, driving on the Blue Ridge Parkway at night?  Not for the faint of heart… 😬
I’m baaaaaaaaack… 😬

Replies

• JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 18,141 Senior Member
    Bears always make a neighborhood more desirable...

Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
  • Wambli SkaWambli Ska Posts: 3,221 Senior Member
    Jayhawker said:
    Bears always make a neighborhood more desirable...

I’ve always though so! 
    I’m baaaaaaaaack… 😬
  • Some_MookSome_Mook Posts: 603 Senior Member
    Enzo, there is a little place in Asheville that would be perfect for you.  178,926 square feet, plenty of room for indoor shooting ranges and beautiful views of the Blue Ridge area
    "If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my child may have peace." - Thomas Paine
    "I know my place in the world and it ain’t standing next to Jerry Miculek" - Zee
    Some_Mook said:
    Enzo, there is a little place in Asheville that would be perfect for you.  178,926 square feet, plenty of room for indoor shooting ranges and beautiful views of the Blue Ridge area
    We looked at it and loved it, but the pool leaks 🤣

Actually were looking really more toward Bonne now.
    I’m baaaaaaaaack… 😬
  • Jeff in TXJeff in TX Senior Member Posts: 2,436 Senior Member
    Very beautiful scenery!  Black bear populations are exploding on the east coast from what I've read and heard.  I don't think they're being hunted like they used to be 40 or 50 years ago.  Not to mention humans have taken a lot of natural homes away pushing them closer to the burbs!  Good luck in your search! 
    Distance is not an issue, but the wind can make it interesting!

John 3: 1-21
    Very beautiful scenery!  Black bear populations are exploding on the east coast from what I've read and heard.  I don't think they're being hunted like they used to be 40 or 50 years ago.  Not to mention humans have taken a lot of natural homes away pushing them closer to the burbs!  Good luck in your search! 
    Yep, even down by the coast reports of bear sightings are now fairly common including the fairly populated development I live in!
    I’m baaaaaaaaack… 😬
  • jbp-ohiojbp-ohio Senior Member Posts: 10,697 Senior Member
    We had a very photogenic bear in our county this summer. Spill over from PA/WV.

Hills are great for lookin at..... until you have to walk up one.
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." Thomas Jefferson
    jbp-ohio said:
    We had a very photogenic bear in our county this summer. Spill over from PA/WV.

Hills are great for lookin at..... until you have to walk up one.
    Great picture!  I actually enjoy hicking in hills.  My old place didn’t have but a few flat acres where the house and paddocks for the horses where.  The rest of the property was either going up or down.  I really enjoy it and helps keep me in shape.  If I never see flat ground again I’ll be happy!  
    I’m baaaaaaaaack… 😬
  • SpkSpk Senior Member Posts: 4,746 Senior Member
    At least your bears are normal :D

Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience -- Mark Twain
    How easy it is to make people believe a lie, and [how] hard it is to undo that work again! -- Mark Twain

edited September 2021 #11
    So went to look at a house today and we asked for the lease agreement to take it.  We’re looking to rent something for 6-12 months so we can learn the lay of the land and have time to shop the right deal.

The house is beautiful, on the side of a mountain, everything I need.  The deal was sealed when the current occupant told me his dog just treed a sow and two cubs and all his trash cans are bear proof… 🤣
    I’m baaaaaaaaack… 😬
  • Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior Member Posts: 7,912 Senior Member
    I'm going to be in Johnson City this coming week riding with a friend. I should be passing the vicinity of Banner Elk a few times while there. If you find yourself in the area of Spruce Pine and like buffet lunch or dinner, try Western Sizzlin' on 226. They have a great array of food and desserts. If you like buffet, you'll love this place.
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
    THE DEMOCRATS ARE THE NEW COMMUNISTS!
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 14,286 Senior Member
    So, can you pee off the porch without having to see if you can make eye contact with a neighbor first?
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
    CHIRO1989 said:
    So, can you pee off the porch without having to see if you can make eye contact with a neighbor first?
    I can pee off the porch and watch it fall about 30 feet before it even hits mountain side 😁
    I’m baaaaaaaaack… 😬
  • VarmintmistVarmintmist Senior Member Posts: 7,996 Senior Member
    CHIRO1989 said:
    I can pee off the porch and watch it fall about 30 feet before it even hits mountain side 😁

watch for updrafts
    It's boring, and your lack of creativity knows no bounds.
    CHIRO1989 said:

watch for updrafts
    Good point!!!
    I’m baaaaaaaaack… 😬
  • orchidmanorchidman Senior Member Posts: 8,365 Senior Member
    CHIRO1989 said:

Does that mean next winter, you will regale us with tales that it was so cold that your pee froze before it hit the ground..... B)
    Still enjoying the trip of a lifetime and making the best of what I have.....
    orchidman said:
    CHIRO1989 said:

Does that mean next winter, you will regale us with tales that it was so cold that your pee froze before it hit the ground..... B)
    Don’t go stealing my thunder kiwi… 🤬
    I’m baaaaaaaaack… 😬
  • orchidmanorchidman Senior Member Posts: 8,365 Senior Member
    edited September 2021 #19
    :D:D:D
    Please dont take video.............
    Still enjoying the trip of a lifetime and making the best of what I have.....
    orchidman said:
    :D:D:D
    Please dont take video.............
    Ohhh, now I AM!!! 🤣
    I’m baaaaaaaaack… 😬
  • FreezerFreezer Senior Member Posts: 2,384 Senior Member
    That's not all bad if the hand writing is yours.
    I like Elmer Keith; I married his daughter :wink:
  • HvyMaxHvyMax Senior Member Posts: 1,826 Senior Member
    When I met my across the dirt road neighbor when I told him where I was moving from told me "You're going to hear a lot of gunfire around here too. But unless you're a Deer it's friendly fire."
    Wal Mart where the discriminating white trash shop.
    Paddle faster!!! I hear banjos.
    Reason for editing: correcting my auto correct