Home Main Category General Firearms

Primer

NorlightsNorlights Posts: 1 New Member
edited September 2021 in General Firearms #1
Hi I'm trying to find small rifle primer and am having an extremely hard time finding anything. Has anybody had any luck or have any suggestions? There's a lot of scammers out there anymore. 

Thanks for your help

Replies

• Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 12,197 Senior Member
    I have found loaded ammo in several calibers, brass, bullets, even a little powder, but no primers yet down by me.
    Welcome to the forum.What are you planning to load?
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • Wambli SkaWambli Ska Posts: 3,265 Senior Member
    Gunbroker is about the only place you can reliably find some primers.  The prices are still high but not as high as they were during the height of panic.
    I’m baaaaaaaaack… 😬
  • Elk creekElk creek Senior Member Posts: 7,417 Senior Member
    First post asking about primers! Well they are out there, as Wambli said gun broker. Most of us have our stash,but don’t share well…..🤣
    Aim higher, or get a bigger gun.
  • Uncle FesterUncle Fester Senior Member Posts: 1,586 Senior Member
    I have had decent luck at Cabelas (in store) but it is a lot of miss with a few hits.

They are starting to show up on Midway and Brownells but you have to check every day and pay the hazmat fee.

Good luck.
  • bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 12,088 Senior Member
    I have found them in stock at cabelas and once at academy. But, like Fester says above- be prepared to make a few trips. 

Another suggestion is to check small town shops. 

Right now, primers are hard to find
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov