Home Main Category Clubhouse

Texas Chile or NOT!

2»

Replies

• zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 25,035 Senior Member
    Texas! There's only two things that come from Texas! ;):D
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
    )O(
  • earlyagainearlyagain Posts: 7,928 Senior Member
    Light on the spoiled meat for me please.

Crackers, corn bread, biscuits, tortillas, corn chips, or other????
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 18,140 Senior Member
    Chili in Kansas is interesting...hamburger, kidney beans, tomatoes with a dash of chili powder...essentially hamburger and bean soup...and it's served, with all things, a cinnamon roll....

That being said...I will say that those Mennonite ladies make an awesome cinnamon roll,
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
  • Gene LGene L Senior Member Posts: 12,615 Senior Member
    edited October 2021 #35
    I like chili OK, but am not a fanatic about it.  My buddy makes it without tomatoes, or so he says, and claims it's the best.  I have no idea on how this would turn out, but there it is.

Cornbread is something I know well.  My mother made it every day for supper. A black iron skillet, no eggs, lard.  It was good.  I make it with one egg per pone of cornbread and like it with buttermilk or vegetable or beef soup.

I've given up cooking meat or just about anything else because there's just me and I don't like leftovers.  I'm a VERY good cook and enjoy cooking for my grandkids or anyone else.  In my old age, I don't like beef nearly as much as I used to.
    Concealed carry is for protection, open carry is for attention.
  • Wambli SkaWambli Ska Posts: 3,219 Senior Member
    knitepoet said:
    My ex MiL is/was from Kentucky. They invited us to dinner one evening and it had spaghetti in it. My first comment when she served it up, "I thought we were having chili"
    That's when she explained they put spaghetti in chili where she's from
    It's actually called Cincinnati Chili and I had the same experience at a friends house.  It was not a bad combination, and taste was kind'a Ok.  It was just highly unexpected to find spaghetti in my bowl, and the Cinnamon and Worcestershire sauce taste in the meat is not in my list of all-time favorites.
    I’m baaaaaaaaack… 😬