Home Main Category Clubhouse

New workshop tool organizer is finished

Jeff in TXJeff in TX Senior MemberPosts: 2,435 Senior Member
The new workshop is still a work in progress.  I finished putting up the new tool organizer.  My wife thinks my OCD kicked in, I just like organization.  In the top right with the crescent wrenches there is a K-Bar crescent wrench knife.  Every workshop needs a good knife!

Distance is not an issue, but the wind can make it interesting!

John 3: 1-21

Replies

• Wambli SkaWambli Ska Posts: 3,207 Senior Member
    Nice work!  I like that knife. 
    I’m baaaaaaaaack… 😬
  • RugerFanRugerFan Senior Member Posts: 2,694 Senior Member
    I’ve never seen that system before. What brand is it?
  • Jeff in TXJeff in TX Senior Member Posts: 2,435 Senior Member
    RugerFan said:
    I’ve never seen that system before. What brand is it?
    Omniwall Systems

https://omniwallusa.com/omniwall-idea-center/

• zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 25,033 Senior Member
    That's just SICK! How are you going to lose any tools? You'll miss out on the joy of looking for "that wrench" for 30 minutes - only to find that you were sitting/laying on it the entire time!
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
    )O(
    zorba said:
    That's just SICK! How are you going to lose any tools? You'll miss out on the joy of looking for "that wrench" for 30 minutes - only to find that you were sitting/laying on it the entire time!
    Thanks, in my older age I don't want to spend 30 min looking for the wrench.  I do like organization! As I was putting the last of the sockets in I started laughing to myself.  As a kid my brothers and I would use pops tools.  Putting them back was another thing. I bet if someone used a metal detector on my former backyard, no telling how many wrenches and sockets they would find.  :) 

• orchidmanorchidman Senior Member Posts: 8,365 Senior Member
    Looks great!.......wouldnt work for me though, I always find my spanners and wrenches where I last used them.

If the rules of 'tool law' are the same as in NZ, you will need to have at least 4 10mm spanners cos they are the ones that you cant find when you really need one............
    Still enjoying the trip of a lifetime and making the best of what I have.....
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 12,186 Senior Member
    orchidman said:
    Looks great!.......wouldnt work for me though, I always find my spanners and wrenches where I last used them.

If the rules of 'tool law' are the same as in NZ, you will need to have at least 4 10mm spanners cos they are the ones that you cant find when you really need one............
    3/8" over here, unless the product is made elsewhere 
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • jbp-ohiojbp-ohio Senior Member Posts: 10,693 Senior Member
    If an inter-dimensional wormhole were to open up and return all of the tools I have bought and lost...... I would need a new toolbox.

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." Thomas Jefferson
    orchidman said:

I went and looked, I actually have one 1/4" drive standard 10mm, two 3/8" drive standard and deep 10mm and one 1/2" drive standard 10mm

I had to do some searching for a couple of them, through Grainger and one from Snap on but the list is complete.  The toughest to find was 1/4" drive 1/8" standard and deep sockets.  Having those slots open would have drove me nuts! :)

If you need a 1/2" drive for a 10mm bolt.. all hope is lost!
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." Thomas Jefferson
    jbp-ohio said:
    If you need a 1/2" drive for a 10mm bolt.. all hope is lost!
    I simply filled the open slot 🤠

• Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior Member Posts: 7,912 Senior Member
    edited October 2021 #14
    The new workshop is still a work in progress.  I finished putting up the new tool organizer.  My wife thinks my OCD kicked in, I just like organization.  In the top right with the crescent wrenches there is a K-Bar crescent wrench knife.  Every workshop needs a good knife!

Jeez, that looks like something out of "Bitchin' Rides," or one of those other TV custom car shows. I could never hope to have a workshop that neat. I rely on trying to remember where I last put it, tool finding method.....LOL. You would crap your pants looking at what my work area looks like. I call it "organized mayhem." In my weak defense, when I finish a project I generally pick everything up off the floor and worktable, and put it where it is supposed to go, as long as there isn't something else to be done immediately.
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
    THE DEMOCRATS ARE THE NEW COMMUNISTS!