Home Main Category General Firearms

Last one for a WHILE! 😬

Wambli SkaWambli Ska Posts: 4,141 Senior Member
This was a snag of sheer opportunity.  Found her on GB while poking around trying to figure out what 700s are going for nowadays.  Basically just homework time. 

BUT, I’ve been looking for a 7mm RM for a while and prices have gotten stupid…. Well there she was at a buy-it-now price that made no sense AT ALL since they were also including two new boxes of premium ammo with her!!!  

It’s a pre-move big-box ADL with the scope combo which is exactly what I wanted!  I just checked the bore and the bolt and this gun is unfired.  There is no wear on the lugs at all.

Tomorrow she’ll be bedded into a spare HS Precision sporter weight stock.

I have a set of the Talley aluminum rings for her and somewhere in my office there is a spare VX3 4.5-14 with her name on it.

Thats it!  I have to take a freaking breather!!!

😬

It’s a °IIIII° thing 😎

Replies

• ZeeZee Senior Member Posts: 27,943 Senior Member
    edited November 2021 #2
    I have the exact rifle rescued from its rust laden state at my LGS. Put it in a similar B&C stock and new trigger. One of my most accurate factory rifles and a favorite cartridge to boot. 
    "To Hell with efficiency, it's performance we want!" - Elmer Keith
  • Wambli SkaWambli Ska Posts: 4,141 Senior Member
    Cool!  This stock is a dead ringer for the B&C Medalist.  Now I need to do your signature Alumahyde treatment and we’ll have twinsies 😁

It’s a °IIIII° thing 😎

I have huge expectations off this gun.  Every time I’ve done this I’ve ended up with a well sub MOA gun with just about anything I feed them!

It’s a °IIIII° thing 😎

• zorbazorba Senior Member Merrritt Island, FLPosts: 25,185 Senior Member
    Last one huh? uh-HUH. ;) I give it 3 weeks... :D
    BTW:
    Nice gun!
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
    )O(
  • JunkCollectorJunkCollector Posts: 1,326 Senior Member
    The gun I understand  this baffles me......

a spare VX3 4.5-14 with her name on it.

How do you guys do it ?
    I've never had a spare Leupold like that laying around.

BTW....may have some stuff for a 7 still.
    I didn't give everything away with the gun.

edited November 2021 #8
    Zee said:

❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️ Nice rescue!!!  Didn’t you buy that stock at the SHOT show?

It’s a °IIIII° thing 😎

The gun I understand  this baffles me......

a spare VX3 4.5-14 with her name on it.

How do you guys do it ?
    I've never had a spare Leupold like that laying around.

BTW....may have some stuff for a 7 still.
    I didn't give everything away with the gun.

Sometimes “experiments” don’t work out and we end up with spares 😁

It’s a °IIIII° thing 😎

zorba said:
    Last one huh? uh-HUH. ;) I give it 3 weeks... :D
    BTW:
    Nice gun!
    Thanks!  And I’m putting the brakes on til after Christmas.  There’s an “upgrade” in the works that I’ll wait on until I decide if there is anything else I “need”.

It’s a °IIIII° thing 😎

• CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Central MNPosts: 14,577 Senior Member
    lot lots of hunting prep, not enough actual hunting hey, your set to go with ANOTHER nice rig, get your boots dirty ASAP
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
    Moving…. Season goes through January.

It’s a °IIIII° thing 😎

• bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 12,255 Senior Member

😬

To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
  • JaphyJaphy Posts: 396 Member
    CHIRO1989 said:
    lot lots of hunting prep, not enough actual hunting hey, your set to go with ANOTHER nice rig, get your boots dirty ASAP
    WS don’t need no stinking dirty boots just when he snagged an unfired 700 in 7mm RM Sheesh don’t rain the poor mans parade. 
  • BigslugBigslug Senior Member Posts: 9,620 Senior Member
    Good raw materials!

Unless your HS stock is significantly lighter, you might see how it shoots.  Me & Pop's XCR II's are in the same stock BDL format and are bug-holers (45 inch pounds on the stock screws for sythetics, 35 for the woodies).  These and Lee Enfields have cured me of compulsive free-float mania.

I WOULD probably paint or otherwise coat the thing, as those have Remington's finish that karaokes "I WANNA RUST!" to Twisted Sister's '80's classic.
    WWJMBD?

"Nothing is safe from stupid." - Zee

😬

You MIGHT be right… 🤣

It’s a °IIIII° thing 😎

Japhy said:
    CHIRO1989 said:
    WS don’t need no stinking dirty boots just when he snagged an unfired 700 in 7mm RM Sheesh don’t rain the poor mans parade. 
    Exactly 😎

It’s a °IIIII° thing 😎

edited November 2021 #18
    Bigslug said:
    Good raw materials!

Unless your HS stock is significantly lighter, you might see how it shoots.  Me & Pop's XCR II's are in the same stock BDL format and are bug-holers (45 inch pounds on the stock screws for sythetics, 35 for the woodies).  These and Lee Enfields have cured me of compulsive free-float mania.

I WOULD probably paint or otherwise coat the thing, as those have Remington's finish that karaokes "I WANNA RUST!" to Twisted Sister's '80's classic.
    So here’s the deal. The .35 Whelen is getting restocked to pretty (actually heirloom level) gun status so this left me with an empty HS Precision stock which prompted me to casually look for the 7mm RM which popped out of the woodwork.  

I already made the mistake to bed my 7mm-08 Stainless BDL into the factory stock which game me a consistent .5 MOA shooter with factory stock.  I’m NOT making the mistake of doing this with the 7mm RM because if I get another great shooter with the factory stock that would leave me with an empty HS stock which then makes me begin searching for the same gun in .338 WM which I DO NOT want to buy now JUST to fill that stock!!!!!

Anyway as HS P stocks go this one is a light profile.  When it was a .35 Whelen it was a 7.5# gun so if I can stay under 8# for the 7mm RM that’s a perfect weight for this gun and the .338 project goes to the back burner for now.

See!  It all makes sense now right?

Oh and yes, as soon as I get to the new house I’ll be scrubbing this finish off and alumahyding it’. Might go for Coyote on this one… 🤣

It’s a °IIIII° thing 😎

• earlyagainearlyagain Posts: 7,928 Senior Member
    That ammo looks serious.

Been reading a thread on another forum about blind mag versus hinged bottom, detachable box etc. Always liked my ADL. I hunted with 4 in the rifle and unchambered the live round to the mag in camp or truck. I do miss the old lock on safe bolts.
  • orchidmanorchidman Senior Member A true 'Southerner'. NZPosts: 8,393 Senior Member
    Ok, I will be the one to raise it.......
    Please define your version of ...'A While'...
    I mean, 'Thinning the Herd' doesnt mean what the rest of us thought it did........

Nice score btw...
    Still enjoying the trip of a lifetime and making the best of what I have.....
    Zee said:

You know what, you’re right. I did. Then put it on my .35 Whelen. Later got a wood laminate stock for the Whelen and put the ab& C on the 7 Mag. 
    Zee said:
    Zee said:

You know what, you’re right. I did. Then put it on my .35 Whelen. Later got a wood laminate stock for the Whelen and put the ab& C on the 7 Mag. 
    I remember we were talking to the B&C guys and they had JUST come out with the new lighter version of their Medalist!  

It’s a °IIIII° thing 😎

orchidman said:
    Ok, I will be the one to raise it.......
    Please define your version of ...'A While'...
    I mean, 'Thinning the Herd' doesnt mean what the rest of us thought it did........

Nice score btw...
    A while is more than a few days and less than you’d expect… 😁

It’s a °IIIII° thing 😎

edited November 2021 #24
    Ok, ready to be sighted in.  I can’t find the higher power scope so for now a 3.5-10 VX3 will have to do.  Mounted on Talley bases, tips the scale at 8lb 9oz.  These long ass magnum profile barrels are NOT light 😁

It’s a °IIIII° thing 😎

Nice. 
    Mine currently wears a Leupold Mk3 10x as opposed to the 3-9x Leupold TS-30 A2 n the above pics. 

Your 3.5-10x will work fine for what a 7 RM is designed for. Save the larger scope for smaller targets or further distances maybe. 
    edited November 2021 #26
    Zee said:
    Nice. 
    Mine currently wears a Leupold Mk3 10x as opposed to the 3-9x Leupold TS-30 A2 n the above pics. 

Your 3.5-10x will work fine for what a 7 RM is designed for. Save the larger scope for smaller targets or further distances maybe. 
    Ok sounds like a plan!  Thanks!!! 

BTW that’s my original VTAC sling you gave me!  I’ve bought a several since then but that one travels from one special rifle to another.  It’s my go to sling! 👍

It’s a °IIIII° thing 😎

Well I just defined what a while is…

😁

It’s a °IIIII° thing 😎

• HappySquidHappySquid Member Posts: 455 Member

😁
    2 days  :D  :D   pics asap :)
    edited November 2021 #29

😁
    2 days  :D  :D   pics asap :)
    Was it only two days?!?!?  Damn I had the shakes, cold sweats, double vision… damn, I need to check into some place.  

I might be able to pick it up by the end of the week if they ship it fast enough.

It’s a °IIIII° thing 😎

• zorbazorba Senior Member Merrritt Island, FLPosts: 25,185 Senior Member
    mmmm-HMMMMMM.... ;):D
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
    )O(
  • orchidmanorchidman Senior Member A true 'Southerner'. NZPosts: 8,393 Senior Member

😁

Ha, that was much longer than I expected.....
    Still enjoying the trip of a lifetime and making the best of what I have.....