Home Main Category Clubhouse

New covid strain!!

Replies

• Wambli SkaWambli Ska Posts: 5,410 Senior Member
     :D 

It’s a °IIIII° thing 😎

• JustsomedudeJustsomedude Posts: 1,465 Senior Member
    The moronic strain, or something like that.
    We've been conditioned to believe that obedience is virtuous and voting is freedom- 
  • BigslugBigslug Posts: 9,860 Senior Member
    I found it interesting that right before "Omicron" in the order of the Greek alphabet we are using to name these things is "Xi".  I don't think they skipped it by mistake...
    WWJMBD?

"Nothing is safe from stupid." - Zee
  • gunner81gunner81 Posts: 683 Senior Member
    Has our society really gotten this dumb? Obiteone does nothing but change the name and the same panic starts all over travel restrictions and masks and a new jab now the believers will be getting a jab a month soon and will never question Obiteone about any of it
  • zorbazorba Posts: 25,282 Senior Member
    There's nothing worse in this world than a Goddamned True Believer.
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
    )O(
    zorba said:
    A true idiot
    gunner81 said:
    zorba said:
    A true idiot
    But you repeat me...

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
    )O(
  • LinefinderLinefinder Posts: 7,856 Senior Member
    I might be being mislead here, but I heard on the radio that the countries experiencing the highest number of this variant say it's kind of like a mild case of bronchitis. So....let's all mask up again, get another shot, make billions for big pharma, and tank the economy some more.

Mike
    "Walking away seems to be a lost art form."
    N454casull
    I might be being mislead here, but I heard on the radio that the countries experiencing the highest number of this variant say it's kind of like a mild case of bronchitis. So....let's all mask up again, get another shot, make billions for big pharma, and tank the economy some more.

Mike
    Went to Raleigh a few days ago.  ONCE AGAIN they are under a indoor mask mandate just 3 hours form here...  In my town?  Not even a conversation about it... 

It’s a °IIIII° thing 😎

• Diver43Diver43 Posts: 12,757 Senior Member
    In El Paso. TX, it is mixed.  Of course anything Military or Givernment you must wear a mask.  Stores and restaurants are evenly split.  Some say must some say vaccinated have a choice
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
    zorba said:
    gunner81 said:
    zorba said:
    A true idiot
    But you repeat me...
    I sure didn't mean you a true believer is a true idiot
    gunner81 said:
    zorba said:
    gunner81 said:
    zorba said:
    A true idiot
    But you repeat me...
    I sure didn't mean you a true believer is a true idiot
    Let's just say there's a lot of crossover.

)O(

Mike
    Went to Raleigh a few days ago.  ONCE AGAIN they are under a indoor mask mandate just 3 hours form here...  In my town?  Not even a conversation about it... 
    Oh yea - more fodder for the True Believers/Koolaide drinkers.

)O(
    It's easier to fool a man than it is to convince him that he's been fooled. 
    We've been conditioned to believe that obedience is virtuous and voting is freedom- 
  • rberglofrberglof Posts: 2,998 Senior Member
    Haven't seen any change here. There are a few that wear masks but it is all up to you,  only place we have to wear masks is the hospital and clinic. Have seen at least one store said masks recommended, you walk inside and nobody has one on. 
    rberglof said:
    Haven't seen any change here. There are a few that wear masks but it is all up to you,  only place we have to wear masks is the hospital and clinic. Have seen at least one store said masks recommended, you walk inside and nobody has one on. 
    As long as we have DeSantis as our gov, we don't have to put up with that masking nonsense here. I still carry a face veil in the car just in case though...

)O(
  • BigslugBigslug Posts: 9,860 Senior Member
    rberglof said:
    That's become the drill here in Cali - more or less.  Still plenty of people out in public (or even walking down the street by themselves) with masks on, but by the roughly 50% non-wearers, I'd say we're solidly at a point of vaxxed, no longer giving a damn, or both.

Pretty silly we've got the restaurant workers masked up and everybody at the tables eating not.  Omicron not really generating the spazz-out those playing it as the New Ebola were hoping for.
    WWJMBD?

"Nothing is safe from stupid." - Zee
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Posts: 14,847 Senior Member
    rberglof said:
    Same here, took the staff out for a Christmas party at a restaurant and a play last night and we had to show negative Covid tests or proof of vaccination to get into the theater only and we had to wear a mask in the theater only, 1st time I have had to do that in the past 2 years. I was in 5 different medical facillities with my mom this past year and only had to wear a mask make sure I did not have a temperature.
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • RugerFanRugerFan Posts: 2,865 Senior Member
    Covid hit my school HARD this week. 3/4 of the 8th grade is out due to positive or close contact. 1/2 of the 7th grade too. However, the 6th grade, so far, has barely been affected. 

Our superintendent mandated masks at our school until we get out next Friday. 
    Asheville today.  Mask mandate in stores and restaurants.  I really don’t care anymore so I just walk in and NO ONE has even brought it up…

It’s a °IIIII° thing 😎

• Big Al1Big Al1 Posts: 8,813 Senior Member
    The last two weeks when I went to the commissary, there was somebody out front telling everyone to put on a mask. This week I went to the BX first and no masks, went to the commissary next and all that was up was a small sign that said mask required. Went in and the only people wearing masks were the employees. Me thinks everyone is fed up with all the PanDEMic [email protected]!
    Big Al1 said:
    The last two weeks when I went to the commissary, there was somebody out front telling everyone to put on a mask. This week I went to the BX first and no masks, went to the commissary next and all that was up was a small sign that said mask required. Went in and the only people wearing masks were the employees. Me thinks everyone is fed up with all the PanDEMic [email protected]!
    Talking to the owner of one of my LGSs.  

“There’s a $250 fine they’ll hit me with if they catch anyone in here without a maid.”  

“So why is no one wearing one.”

”Cause I can’t wait for them to TRY to fine me.”

Yep, me thinks everyone is pandemiqued out… 🤣

It’s a °IIIII° thing 😎

Asheville today.  Mask mandate in stores and restaurants.  I really don’t care anymore so I just walk in and NO ONE has even brought it up…
    That's been my approach all along. Last spring, there were a few places who insisted - including the local Wal*Mart. So I started wearing my face veil - NOBODY ever called me on it, although I was expecting it.

)O(
    There's always news articles and pictures that start with " Florida Man." I want to know why the hell we haven't seen Zorba plastered randomly online walking through Walmart wearing a skirt and face veil...
    There's always news articles and pictures that start with " Florida Man." I want to know why the hell we haven't seen Zorba plastered randomly online walking through Walmart wearing a skirt and face veil...
    Oh I can almost guarantee that Zorba’s pic is in one of those People of Walmart sites! 👍👍👍

It’s a °IIIII° thing 😎

I've worn skirts in Wal*Mart many times - so I'm actually a bit surprised at the lack of "publicity". The face veil much less though - I haven't worn one in months, but I have them handy if needed.

)O(
    Zorba, just to add that I absolutely respect and appreciate your personality. I wish I had the ability to not give a damn what other people think about me. I've gotten better over the years but still not where I'd like to be in that aspect.
    Zorba, just to add that I absolutely respect and appreciate your personality. I wish I had the ability to not give a damn what other people think about me. I've gotten better over the years but still not where I'd like to be in that aspect.
    I've always been that way to a certain extent, but it was a BFD the first time I went out in public in a skirt. Now I don't care - but being an "Aspie" (Mild Aspberger's) helps. It makes for some interesting conversations!

)O(
    I’ve never met anyone more in tune with who they are.  Glad you’re here.

It’s a °IIIII° thing 😎