Home Main Category General Firearms

Shoutout! RCBS never lets me down

Wambli SkaWambli Ska Posts: 2,976 Senior Member
RCBS is just one of those companies that NEVER disappoints.  When they say lifetime warrantee it MEANS lifetime warrantee.  The plastic inserts on my RCBS priming tool are ancient and over time with many miles and years on them they finally cracked and gave up the ghost.  I couldn't figure out how to order replacements so I emailed the company and got an email back telling me they had brand new mailed replacements under warrantee.  They never even asked how old the unit was!  They arrived last week while I was traveling and are sitting on my desk.

Now THAT is a company worth doing business with!
I’m baaaaaaaaack… 😬

Replies

• JKPJKP Senior Member Posts: 2,538 Senior Member
    edited January 11 #2
    Agreed. I flat out tore something up doing something ass backwards, called them and told them what I did, and they sent me a new one anyway.
  • Wambli SkaWambli Ska Posts: 2,976 Senior Member
    edited January 11 #3
    JKP said:
    Agreed. I flat out tore something up doing something ass backwards, called them and told them what I did, and they sent me a new one anyway.
    Yeah, in the past I've lost springs and bolts and nuts and small parts and they have always taken care of me.  A couple of years ago a buddy of mine picked up a Rock Chucker at a garage sale and this thing was a mess of rust.  He packaged it up and sent it to RCBS to see if the could refurbish/refinish it at his expense and they sent him a new one back.  They are a world class outfit.
    I’m baaaaaaaaack… 😬
  • JayJay Senior Member Posts: 4,349 Senior Member
    Most of my reloading stuff aside from my Dillons is RCBS. Rock Chucker Supreme press, Chargemaster powder dispenser, hand priming tool and most of my dies, with a few sets of Redding, Hornady and Lee sprinkled in. Luckily I've never had to use their customer service. 
    When I decided to get into reloading I spent a lot of time doing research because as a broke young dad I could not afford any mistakes.  After weeks of reading, asking questions, etc I went to my mentor's store, a gentleman who was like father to me and always took care of me so I would not make mistakes.  This guy had been there, done that, wore out a 100 t-shirts and owned just about every piece of reloading gear known to man and a collection of guns I could NEVER even dream of matching.

When I told him I'd finished my research and was ready to buy he said, great!  Then he went down the reloading aisle and pulled out a box with the Rock Chucker Supreme complete basic set and carried it to the cash register.  I started laughing and just said, you must have read my mind.  He just looked at me and laughed...
    I’m baaaaaaaaack… 😬
  • JustsomedudeJustsomedude Posts: 1,319 Senior Member
    It's amazing to me how many businesses out here only care about getting your money once. I've found that if you take care of folks, it comes back around. Some say it's God and others Karma. I like to think it's just the moral thing to do. Good on them for taking care of you. 
    We've been conditioned to believe that obedience is virtuous and voting is freedom- 
    I’ve been searching for 6.5 Creed dies and finally Sportsman’s Warehouse got a shipment in,  Had 3 manufacturer options to pick from and that was right after this email change.  Guess which one I picked!
    I’m baaaaaaaaack… 😬
  • gunner81gunner81 Member Posts: 621 Senior Member
    Always had RCBS take care of a couple issues I've had mostly my doing and they always took care of me and I've offered to pay because it was my fault buy they always took care of it and Hornaday has also been good in the same way I had a progressive press that I was having trouble with and they ended up giving me a new one even though I bought it used/new I bought it off a lady that her husband passed away and it was never used but I did buy it used
    edited January 12 #9
    Well I’m about to test Lyman since the handle of my case trimmer just popped off.   I was just going t buy a new one until I found out they are now $160!!!  Damn this stuff is getting expensive.
    I’m baaaaaaaaack… 😬
  • gunner81gunner81 Member Posts: 621 Senior Member
    look into a Lyman Case Trim Express you will like it
  • LinefinderLinefinder Moderator Posts: 7,748 Senior Member
    4 companies I swear by......RCBS, Dillon, Leupold and Redding. Their customer service is worth 5x the price of admission.

Mike
    "Walking away seems to be a lost art form."
    N454casull
  • Elk creekElk creek Senior Member Posts: 7,362 Senior Member
    Good stuff!!
    Aim higher, or get a bigger gun.
  • ZeeZee Senior Member Posts: 27,452 Senior Member
    They’ve been good to me the couple times I’ve dealt with their company outside of simple purchases. 
    "To Hell with efficiency, it's performance we want!" - Elmer Keith
  • Uncle FesterUncle Fester Senior Member Posts: 1,566 Senior Member
    4 companies I swear by......RCBS, Dillon, Leupold and Redding. Their customer service is worth 5x the price of admission.

Mike
    Me: I broke the plastic bit in my new 750 because I am a moron.
    Dillon:  we will ship you a replacement.