Home Main Category Clubhouse

What is your favorite movie line?

Replies

• SpkSpk Senior Member Posts: 4,746 Senior Member
    "You should move to a small town where the rule of law still exists. You will not survive here. You're not a wolf. And this is the land of wolves now."
    Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience -- Mark Twain
    How easy it is to make people believe a lie, and [how] hard it is to undo that work again! -- Mark Twain

• BigslugBigslug Senior Member Posts: 9,467 Senior Member
    "THIS you can trust" - Conan the Barbarian's Dad

and similarly. . .

"I believe in Ammunition" - James Badge Dale as Robert Leckie, The Pacific.
    WWJMBD?

"Nothing is safe from stupid." - Zee
  • VarmintmistVarmintmist Senior Member Posts: 8,053 Senior Member
    SEDAGIVE????!!!!
    It's boring, and your lack of creativity knows no bounds.
  • Big Al1Big Al1 Senior Member Posts: 8,546 Senior Member
  • Wambli SkaWambli Ska Posts: 3,495 Senior Member
    Big Al1 said:
    I can't believe nobody mentioned Arnold yet!!

The Arnold Schwarzenegger "I'll Be Back" Supercut - YouTube
    “I let him go.”

and 

“Stick around.”

of course they need to be appreciated in context!

I’m baaaaaaaaack… 😬
  • PFDPFD Senior Member Posts: 1,755 Senior Member
    edited February 4 #37
    King of the WHO?
    Peasant Woman: Well, how’d you become king, then?

King Arthur: The Lady of the Lake, her arm clad in the purest shimmering samite, held aloft Excalibur from the bosom of the water, signifying by divine providence that I, Arthur, was to carry Excalibur. That is why I am your king.
    Dennis: Listen. Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.

That's all I got.

Paul
  • Wambli SkaWambli Ska Posts: 3,495 Senior Member
    One of the best scenes of ANY movie, EVER,
    I’m baaaaaaaaack… 😬
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 25,092 Senior Member
    Big Al1 said:
    I can't believe nobody mentioned Arnold yet!!

The Arnold Schwarzenegger "I'll Be Back" Supercut - YouTube

"We need a new vehicle."
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
    )O(
  • Some_MookSome_Mook Posts: 605 Senior Member

The Candidate is probably under sedation in his compartment.  Last night he was at the Hotel pool doing stunt dives for two cocktail waitresses who were skinny-dipping in the pool.

He called out  "Hey! Watch my cannonball," went high into the air,  and landed right on his testicles.

It'll be tough to watch his speech today, knowing that his balls are the colors of the rainbow.

"If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my child may have peace." - Thomas Paine
    "I know my place in the world and it ain’t standing next to Jerry Miculek" - Zee
    "What hapen to you Dillon? CIA got you pushing too many pencils?"

That and,

"I ain't got time to bleed!"
    Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience -- Mark Twain
    How easy it is to make people believe a lie, and [how] hard it is to undo that work again! -- Mark Twain

Well, OK, it's stuck with me. . . Does anyone else remember:

"WHO ARE THESE MISERABLE PERSONS?"
    WWJMBD?

edited February 5 #43
    "Oh, I've done far worse than kill you.  I've hurt you. . .and I wish to go on hurting you.  I will leave you as you left me - as you left HER - marooned for all eternity in the center of a dead planet.  Buried alive.  Buried alive"

and then of course:

"KHAAAAAAAAN!"
    WWJMBD?

"A person is smart... People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it." -- MIB

"You're  a funny guy Sully, I like you. That's why I'm going to kill you last." -- Commando

"I eat Green Berets for breakfast. And right now, I'm very hungry!" -- Commando

They don't make dialogue like they used to 🤣

Gotta love those Yoda-isms.
    😂

And you can't enjoy Yoda without Yogurt! 🤣

Bigslug said:
    "Oh, I've done far worse than kill you.  I've hurt you. . .and I wish to go on hurting you.  I will leave you as you left me - as you left HER - marooned for all eternity in the center of a dead planet.  Buried alive.  Buried alive"

and then of course:

"KHAAAAAAAAN!"
    The worst story arc ever in the Star Trek universe, based on one of the worst TOS episodes ever. Why O why couldn't have they based the movies on "The City on the Edge of Forever" instead of that icky "Space Seed"? "Doomsday Machine" had lots of potential too, as did many other episodes, but they went with Space Seed... *blech*

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
    )O(
  • Some_MookSome_Mook Posts: 605 Senior Member
    zorba said:
    Bigslug said:

and then of course:

"KHAAAAAAAAN!"
     Space Seed... *blech*
    zorba said:
    "Me love you for long time!"
    Go on now! Spit it out! 
    "If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my child may have peace." - Thomas Paine
    "I know my place in the world and it ain’t standing next to Jerry Miculek" - Zee
    zorba said:
    Bigslug said:

and then of course:

"KHAAAAAAAAN!"
    The worst story arc ever in the Star Trek universe, based on one of the worst TOS episodes ever. Why O why couldn't have they based the movies on "The City on the Edge of Forever" instead of that icky "Space Seed"? "Doomsday Machine" had lots of potential too, as did many other episodes, but they went with Space Seed... *blech*
    It could have been worse, imagine an film based on the episode, The Way to Eden.
    Yeah 👍
    Charles Napier (Adam) as a space hippie. 🤣

Spk said:
    zorba said:
    Bigslug said:

and then of course:

"KHAAAAAAAAN!"
    It could have been worse, imagine an film based on the episode, The Way to Eden.
    Yeah 👍

Yea - you have a point, but if memory serves, the hippies all died anyway.

)O(
    zorba said:
    Bigslug said:

and then of course:

"KHAAAAAAAAN!"
    Seeing as there were 16 years of Star Trek prior to Wrath of Khan, and since that movie has pretty much driven the Star Trek franchise for the 40 years since, you must see this as your personal Kobayashi Maru. ;)

Funny thing about the extras in the director's cut of that movie. . .the Starfleet uniforms introduced for that film would look far less ridiculous worn on the street today than the circa-1982 fashion worn by Leonard Nimoy and Deforrest Kelly for their interviews. :D
    WWJMBD?

zorba said:
    Spk said:
    zorba said:
    Bigslug said:

and then of course:

"KHAAAAAAAAN!"
    Yeah 👍

Yea - you have a point, but if memory serves, the hippies all died anyway.

Actually, only Dr. Sevrin and Adam die, the other hippies get rescued by Kirk, McCoy and Spock.
    Aka: cauliflower ears. 😂

I was always fond of The Balance of Terror episode.

edited February 6 #54
    Jim:
    "You've got to remember that these are just simple farmers. These are people of the land. The common clay of the new West. You know... morons."

And

Finally

🤣

• ZeeZee Senior Member Posts: 27,682 Senior Member
    That whole move is worth memorizing. 
    "To Hell with efficiency, it's performance we want!" - Elmer Keith
    Stampeding cattle through the Vatican. . .Kinky.
    WWJMBD?

• Gene LGene L Senior Member Posts: 12,642 Senior Member
    edited February 6 #57

Freezer said:
    I was thinking of Zee and an old western came to mind. I think it was the Real McCoys. It stared, a father and son, both were gunfighters. One day, someone asked the father, "Is he the fastest gun in the west?" He replied, "No, I am. No brag, just fact."
    Not the Real McCoys. It was The Guns of Will Sonnett. Walter Brennan and someone else as the son.  I also think it was a Grandfather Grandson.
    Concealed carry is for protection, open carry is for attention.
    Bigslug said:
    ...and since that movie has pretty much driven the Star Trek franchise for the 40 years since...
    Yep - that's an excellent summation indeed. One of the so-called "reboot" movies even went through the whole Kahn thing yet AGAIN - I forget its name now. Some of the other movies were good to excellent, a couple were kind of silly - but for Goddess's sake, let go of "Space Seed", will ya? There's more to the ST universe than that one episode.

)O(
    edited February 6 #59
    The series Star Trek Enterprise did several episodes that laid the backstory for the later timeline of Space  Seed. They called them The Augments. They even referenced the whole Botany Bay group that was lost some time back.
    Brent Spiner guest stars as Dr. Arik Soong (great, great, great grandfather or more) of Dr. Noonien Soong.
    So before there was Lor or Data there was The Augments.
    So yeah, the franchise has used the hell out of the Speed Seed idea.

Spk said:
    So yeah, the franchise has used the hell out of the Speed Seed idea.

Sigh...

)O(
    This ain't Dodge City, and you ain't Bill Hickok.
    WWJMBD?