Home Main Category Clubhouse

What is your favorite movie line?

123457»

Replies

• GrapeApeGrapeApe Posts: 188 Member
    Vader, "I find your lack of faith disturbing"

"For longer range, use a bigger case. For bigger game, use a bigger bullet." - Dan Johnson
  • BigslugBigslug Senior Member Posts: 9,467 Senior Member
    "Think you used enough dynamite there, Butch?"
    WWJMBD?

"Nothing is safe from stupid." - Zee
  • SpkSpk Senior Member Posts: 4,746 Senior Member

Dusty Bottoms: What does that mean, in-famous?

Ned Nederlander: Oh, Dusty. In-famous is when you're MORE than famous. This man El Guapo, he's not just famous, he's IN-famous.

-- The Three Amigos

Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience -- Mark Twain
    How easy it is to make people believe a lie, and [how] hard it is to undo that work again! -- Mark Twain

edited April 13 #185
    The Madagascar Penguins finally make it to their ancestral homeland. . .

WWJMBD?

• Big Al1Big Al1 Senior Member Posts: 8,546 Senior Member
    From City Sliker's: (paraphrased)

Killed anybody today Curly?? (Curly) Day ain't over yet!!
    Diana Prince / Wonder Woman (immortal with super powers):  "You can't do this forever Bruce."

Bruce Wayne / Batman (mortal, no powers, middle-aged): "I can barely do it NOW."

Justice League
    WWJMBD?

Speaking of Justice League

Barry Allen/The Flash: "What are your superpowers again?"
    Bruce Wayne/Batman: "I'm  rich.”

Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience -- Mark Twain
    How easy it is to make people believe a lie, and [how] hard it is to undo that work again! -- Mark Twain

"Crucifixion, you say?  HE'S Spartacus"

(At least that's Tony Curtis' line as I remember it. ;))
    WWJMBD?

edited April 20 #190
    Klaatu: "I am fearful when I see people substituting fear for reason."
    --------------------------
    --------------------------

Mr. Harley: "Your impatience is quite understandable."

Klaatu: "I'm impatient with stupidity. My people have learned to live without it."

Mr. Harley: "I'm afraid my people haven't. I'm very sorry... I wish it were otherwise."

--The Day the Earth Stood Still (1951)

edited April 20 #191
    And let's not forget:

Ash: "Clatto Verata N... Necktie... Nickel... It's an 'N' word, it's definitely an 'N' word."
    ---------------------
    ---------------------

Arthur: "Are  all men from the future loud-mouthed braggarts?"

Ash: "Nope. Just me baby... Just me."

-- Army of Darkness

"Now listen to me, all of you.  You are all condemned men.  We keep you alive to serve this ship. . .so row well, and live."

Followed shortly by. . .

"RAMMING SPEED"  Ben Hur, 1959
    WWJMBD?

• GrapeApeGrapeApe Posts: 188 Member
    "Ramming SPEED" - D-Day, Animal House

"For longer range, use a bigger case. For bigger game, use a bigger bullet." - Dan Johnson
    "Don't drive Angry! Don't drive Angry!" -- Phil Connors
    -- Groundhog Day

It's also good advice 👍

• zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 25,092 Senior Member
    I thought about this one today - and thought about this thread. Who can name the movie?

"Don't you know the rule about filling the car with GAS, when you borrow it without asking permission?"
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
    )O(
    Lost Boys. . . but the better quote from that movie:

(Grandpa revs engine of his classic car for a few moments before shutting it down still in the driveway:

Grandson:  "I thought we were going to town!"

Grandpa: "That's as close to town as I like to get"
    WWJMBD?

Lots of good quotes in that movie. Spent many a happy hour at that boardwalk! Actually performed with my school band (twice!) on the stage that the rock band is on in the movie. The stage was torn down after the '89 earthquake, although I think they built a  new one eventually.

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
    )O(
    ONE POINT TWENTY-ONE GIGAWATTS????
    WWJMBD?

Doc Brown
    Back to the Future

edited June 2 #200
    "Politicians are a lot like diapers. They should be changed frequently, and for the same reason." -- Presidential Candidate Tom Dobbs

“I had sex with a prostitute when I was 21, I was so bad, she gave me a refund.” -- Presidential Candidate Tom Dobbs

“You wanna f*** with our democracy, undermine our way of life? Every American believes their vote counts. You wanna tell them that's not true?” -- Alan Stewart

“Here's the story: the people are voting, there's an election, and the democratic process is working. The only sour note? The people won't end up with the candidate that they voted for to be President." -- Alan Stewart

“Perception of legitimacy is more important than legitimacy itself. That's the greater truth.” -- Alan Stewart

“If it was really unpatriotic to question one's government, we'd still be British.” Presidential Candidate Tom Dobbs

Man of the Year (2006)

Modern Classic
    Sicario

Jeff Goldblum:  "God creates Dinosaurs.  God destroys Dinosaurs.  God creates Man.  Man destroys God. Man creates Dinosaurs. . ."

Laura Dern:. . ."Dinosaurs eat Man.  Woman inherits the Earth."

Jurassic Park
    WWJMBD?

Linda Styles: "Reality is just what we tell each other it is. Sane and insane could easily switch places, if the insane were to become the majority. You would find yourself locked in a padded cell, wondering what happened to the world."

John Trent: I'm not insane, you hear me! I'M NOT INSANE!
    ...Oh, no, not The Carpenters...

In The Mouth Of Madness  (1994).

"Hell is only a word. The reality is much, much worse."

)O(
    zorba said:
    "Hell is only a word. The reality is much, much worse."
    Another Sam Neil favorite 👍