Home Main Category Second Amendment/Politics

Kiddo has a test on the Constitution today.

bullsi1911bullsi1911 ModeratorPosts: 12,255 Senior Member
This is a major part of the test:

This could get interesting. It could range anything from “what part of ‘shal not be infringed’ do you not understand?” To explanations including “establishment clause”, DC vs Heller, etc….

I somewhat expect an email from the teacher. 
To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
-Mikhail Kalashnikov

Replies

• Wambli SkaWambli Ska Posts: 4,142 Senior Member
    This is a major part of the test:

This could get interesting. It could range anything from “what part of ‘shal not be infringed’ do you not understand?” To explanations including “establishment clause”, DC vs Heller, etc….

I somewhat expect an email from the teacher. 
    Yeah, I got a lot of those when the kids were in school.  A lot of organized resistance to bringing your kids up right  🤣

It’s a °IIIII° thing 😎

• BigslugBigslug Senior Member Posts: 9,620 Senior Member
    ". . .and in closing this narrative on the Second Amendment and its vital place in the preservation of individual liberty, I would advise you NOT to call my father out of concern that he is not raising me in your Marxist image, since he is only going to tell you where you can shove your Birkenstocks and bottle of Arbor Mist anyway"
    WWJMBD?

"Nothing is safe from stupid." - Zee
  • VarmintmistVarmintmist Senior Member Western PAPosts: 8,194 Senior Member
    The premise is wrong. There is no gun rights vs anti gun discussion. There is a discussion on inalienable rights vs govt control
    It's boring, and your lack of creativity knows no bounds.
  • VarmintmistVarmintmist Senior Member Western PAPosts: 8,194 Senior Member
    So how did he make out? Or are you to busy home schooling now?
    It's boring, and your lack of creativity knows no bounds.
  • bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 12,255 Senior Member
     We got the test back yesterday.  A good thing about being at a Christian school is that there is no come-back a teacher has when a kid says “The Constitution grants no rights, but only recognizes what God has granted”

He got 10 out of 10 on that portion, and a 98 on the whole test.
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Central MNPosts: 14,577 Senior Member
    Tell the kiddo atta'boy on the good grade
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Between Ft Lauderdale and MiamiPosts: 12,461 Senior Member
    Well done, very well done.  We have Constitution Day every year at work, training with a test. Each year I am appalled at how poorly many people do.  Nationalized Citizens tend to do much better than those born here.  
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • FreezerFreezer Senior Member Posts: 2,528 Senior Member
    Bravo!

When my kids were middle school I was called for a meeting with the lesbian vise principle because I didn't send my kids to school on "diversity day" or "cross dressing day". To make a long story short, the meeting didn't go the way she wanted and I took the matter to the school board. That didn't go well for it either. It's one of our families favorite stories.

My son got an "F" for taking a pro gun stance on a discussion of the second amendment. It was a well written argument and my wife, a language arts teacher, took that battle.

Heck, if it wasn't for folks like us the liberals might think they're right! 
    I like Elmer Keith; I married his daughter :wink: