Home Main Category General Firearms

Ideal tool

Gene LGene L Senior MemberPosts: 12,617 Senior Member
edited May 5 in General Firearms #1
This is my Ideal 30-30 tool for reloading completely.  Has a bullet mold attached so it's a complete tool for a "prepper."  Not that I am a prepper or a survivalist.  It's just a neat tool and a lot older than me.  I'll try to post a photo here but don't know if it'll come through as I'm using a new camera.

Concealed carry is for protection, open carry is for attention.

Replies

• Wambli SkaWambli Ska Posts: 3,239 Senior Member
    I bump into those every once in a while.  If that’s find on in 32-20 or 38-55 I’ll buy it on the spot.  Cool old tool from better times when folks wanted/needed to be self sufficient.
    I’m baaaaaaaaack… 😬
  • Gene LGene L Senior Member Posts: 12,617 Senior Member
    I believe I saw a 32-20 one when I searched earlier today.  I'm not sure it had a bullet mold, though.  The 30-30 bullet is (IIRC) about 150 grains.  Not shown is a primer punch, at least I think that's what it is.
    Most of the ones I’ve seen are in rough shape.  Yours is in really nice condition👍
    I’m baaaaaaaaack… 😬
  • Gene LGene L Senior Member Posts: 12,617 Senior Member
    Mine has a patina but no rust.  For a brief period of time, I was a closet Survivalist.  I don't know what the market is on Old Tools like this, not that I'm eager to sell it.  I like what it represented Back in the Day.
    Gene L said:
    Mine has a patina but no rust.  For a brief period of time, I was a closet Survivalist.  I don't know what the market is on Old Tools like this, not that I'm eager to sell it.  I like what it represented Back in the Day.
    Yep, I feel the same way.  They go in the solid 3 figures from $150 or so for the more modern version with removable dies to $150-$500 for the older dedicated version with the built in casting single mold like yours, depending on condition and caliber.
    I’m baaaaaaaaack… 😬
  • Elk creekElk creek Senior Member Posts: 7,415 Senior Member
    I have a 310 tool for 38/357 it’s the “modern” version with removable dies. I loaded a couple thousand rounds with that rig before I got my reloading equipment set up. 
    Aim higher, or get a bigger gun.