Home Main Category Clubhouse

Miracle arrest

Gene LGene L Senior MemberPosts: 12,702 Senior Member
edited May 22 in Clubhouse #1
This may have been reported previously as when it went down I was in the hospital with my broken hip and I wasn't p1:osting much.

What happened was this....On March 19th of last year, a boy named Eligah Wood was working on the Midnight shift at a local Race Track when he was shot and killed. It was on tape, but still hard to figure out details surrounding the event.  The video of the event showed a male wearing all black with gloves and IIRC a face mask and dark glasses walked up to the counter and shot  This was about 1:30 am.   This happened in Oconee County, GA, a reliable, safe place to work.  New sheriff, too.

The shooter didn't leave much evidence at the scene.  A .40 caliber piece of brass, at least what I thought could be 9mm.  The race of the shooter was hard to determine, finally resolved to be a black male.

After the shooting, the shooter turned around and ran, movement leaving some to think it might be a woman.  A very distinct gait.  He went to the door he came in by, turned around, walked slowly (a normal gait) back to the counter, turned around, and ran again, kinda fem like. There was nothing stolen from the store, and because of the way the man dressed, no forensic evidence I could see.  Since this is my former place of employment it piqued my interest.

A reward was offered, I assume by the employer for $50,000.  Big time money for one murder.  I was of the opinion the crime would never be solved because of the dearth of forensics.  There was no motive that could be determined...I thought it might be gang initation.  The shooter was dressed to kill, no loose pages there.

Then the case broke, 2022, after a cold year.  A forensic guy in PIttsburg had worked a robbery(?) where similar activity too place.  In this case, they apparently arrested the shooter as my understanding of it goes.  A brass case recovered there and at our murder site contained DNA.

The DNA belonged to Ahxil. Crumpton.  (sp) He's 5-9 and weighed 175, so I guess he wasn't a star runningback.  He was arrested by officers from several jurisdictions, FBI, ATF, Local LEs.

There must be a motive there (Motive, Method, Opportunity) but it'll have to wait to find out what it is.  Our local DA is a joke, very "Woke" so I'm glad it's going to be tried in Federal Court.  Strange things happen at night
Concealed carry is for protection, open carry is for attention.