Home Main Category Clubhouse

Can anyone figure out the meaning of this picture

Jeff in TXJeff in TX Senior MemberJ&D Ranch - North Central TXPosts: 2,526 Senior Member
edited June 24 in Clubhouse #1
My son got me this picture for Christmas a few years back. It hangs above my office desk. It serves as a constant reminder to me. 

Can anyone figure out the meaning?  Wambli Ska in your former life I'm sure you could relate!

Distance is not an issue, but the wind can make it interesting!

John 3: 1-21

Replies

• Big Al1Big Al1 Senior Member Panama City, Fl.Posts: 8,641 Senior Member
    All I could find was a service called Phone Donkey. It's for people in federal custody (prison) who don't want to pay for long distance calls!
  • Jeff in TXJeff in TX Senior Member J&D Ranch - North Central TXPosts: 2,526 Senior Member
    Big Al1 said:
    All I could find was a service called Phone Donkey. It's for people in federal custody (prison) who don't want to pay for long distance calls!
    Never heard of that one!

• VarmintmistVarmintmist Senior Member Western PAPosts: 8,193 Senior Member
    Calls from prison are collect only, someone will pay for it.
    It's boring, and your lack of creativity knows no bounds.
  • jbp-ohiojbp-ohio Senior Member Pensacola, FLPosts: 10,810 Senior Member
    This is from the time when you only had one corded phone per household. You hung this in your daughters bedroom. It meant, "GET YOUR ASS OFF THE PHONE!"
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." Thomas Jefferson
  • Jeff in TXJeff in TX Senior Member J&D Ranch - North Central TXPosts: 2,526 Senior Member
    jbp-ohio said:
    This is from the time when you only had one corded phone per household. You hung this in your daughters bedroom. It meant, "GET YOUR ASS OFF THE PHONE!"
    Very close it's "Your @ss is on the line".  As to why it sits above my desk as we have some micro managers in my company!

• Wambli SkaWambli Ska Posts: 4,141 Senior Member
    My son got me this picture for Christmas a few years back. It hangs above my office desk. It serves as a constant reminder to me. 

Can anyone figure out the meaning?  Wambli Ska in your former life I'm sure you could relate!

That’s funny!!!  And my former life is becoming my life again as of 7/1/22…

(In my best Michael Corleone) Just when I think I’m out…  they pull me back in again 😱

It’s a °IIIII° thing 😎

(In my best Michael Corleone) Just when I think I’m out…  they pull me back in again 😱
    Do tell!

Do tell!
    Going back to work in my old industry for one of my ex-employers.   As much fun and educational the last two years have been I got an opportunity I can not refuse, so back on the technology saddle I go…. 

My new territory is Alaska to Tierra del Fuego 🤪

It’s a °IIIII° thing 😎

Going back to work in my old industry for one of my ex-employers.   As much fun and educational the last two years have been I got an opportunity I can not refuse, so back on the technology saddle I go…. 

Who will you be working for, or send me a PM?

Also, I meant to say congrats on the new job!

• CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Central MNPosts: 14,577 Senior Member

Do tell!

Dude, you change your mind more than you change your underwear :D

Successful people make lots of decisions, right or wrong, they just keep making them, hope you kill it jumping back into that pool
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • jbp-ohiojbp-ohio Senior Member Pensacola, FLPosts: 10,810 Senior Member
    Good to have skills and contacts. My wifes old boss (who convinced her to get her Masters in Quality Engineering) gets calls from headhunters and he is well over 70....
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." Thomas Jefferson
  • FreezerFreezer Senior Member Posts: 2,528 Senior Member
    edited June 26 #14
    "On the road again,
    I just can't wait to be on the road again"
    I like Elmer Keith; I married his daughter :wink:
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Between Ft Lauderdale and MiamiPosts: 12,461 Senior Member
    It took longer than I figured.  That is a pretty large region
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • JaphyJaphy Posts: 397 Member

Alaska and Tierra del Fuego are both spectacular places to experience. Adventure never gets old..dont know about all the stuff in between.
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Merrritt Island, FLPosts: 25,185 Senior Member
    He's slipped back to the Dark Side...
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
    )O(
    Also, I meant to say congrats on the new job!
    Thanks!  I’m excited to start.

It’s a °IIIII° thing 😎

CHIRO1989 said:

Do tell!

Dude, you change your mind more than you change your underwear :D

Successful people make lots of decisions, right or wrong, they just keep making them, hope you kill it jumping back into that pool
    I learned a long time ago that when God opens a door in front of me and makes it painfully apparent it’s the right thing to do, I better walk right in or else… 😱

It’s a °IIIII° thing 😎

jbp-ohio said:
    Good to have skills and contacts. My wifes old boss (who convinced her to get her Masters in Quality Engineering) gets calls from headhunters and he is well over 70....
    Yeah, even while I was out I was constantly getting calls for phone consultations for advice from old partners, ex-employers and consultant agents hiring me to just speak for an hour to different entities like investment companies and such.   I liked keeping my toe in the pool.

It’s a °IIIII° thing 😎

Japhy said:

Alaska and Tierra del Fuego are both spectacular places to experience. Adventure never gets old..dont know about all the stuff in between.
    Diver43 said:
    It took longer than I figured.  That is a pretty large region
    It’s a huge undertaking but by prioritizing and being strategic I can manage it effectively.  The leading telecom carrier in LATAM owns most of the markets south of the USA so a single relationship managed mostly out of Mexico/Brazil will serve me well and there is no point of trying anything in places like Venezuela (which kills me because I love that country) and hell holes like Nicaragua and others.

Canada is mostly Toronto and Montréal and then there’s Alaska which is always it’s own animal.  The USA is easy to manage.

It’s a °IIIII° thing 😎

I heard you through your cell phone the first time you said that.  You didn’t need to type it here… 😈

It’s a °IIIII° thing 😎

• VarmintmistVarmintmist Senior Member Western PAPosts: 8,193 Senior Member

Hello, I would like to talk to you about your cars extended warranty...
    It's boring, and your lack of creativity knows no bounds.
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Merrritt Island, FLPosts: 25,185 Senior Member
    YAUSSD...
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
    )O(