Home Main Category Second Amendment/Politics

SCOTUS Rolling Back the Bad Gun Laws!

BigslugBigslug Senior MemberPosts: 9,696 Senior Member
In the wake of their recent New York decision, the Supremes have vacated four prior anti gun rulings from lower courts and sent them back to their Circuits for review:

https://reason.com/2022/07/01/scotus-vacates-4-decisions-upholding-gun-control-laws-whose-constitutionality-now-looks-doubtful/

Maryland's AWB (which will undoubtedly carry CA's with it), New Jersey and California's 10-round mag limits, and Hawaii's CCW policies would all appear to be on the chopping block.

And so it beigns. :)
WWJMBD?

"Nothing is safe from stupid." - Zee

Replies

• zorbazorba Senior Member Merrritt Island, FLPosts: 25,219 Senior Member
    About bloody time!
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
    )O(
  • PFDPFD Senior Member PNWPosts: 1,840 Senior Member
    I read where NY just passed a revised CC law. Seriously.
    16 hours of classroom.
    2 hours of range practice.
    Purchase a license.
    Provide info on all social media accounts.
    4 character references.
    Renew every 3 years.

And if you go through these hoops, you still can't legally carry in just about ANY city owned property like Times Square, library, etc.
    Also, you can't carry in any private business unless they post a sign specifically stating that concealed carry IS allowed.
    So now a small business owner decides if you can exercise your 2A rights.

This brought to you by the Governor who was asked to provide the data she used to determine that law abiding gun owners posed any danger whatsoever and she responded emphatically that "I don't need data, I know it's true".
    They aren't going down without a fight.

That's all I got.

Paul
  • Wambli SkaWambli Ska Posts: 4,611 Senior Member
    This too shall be thrown out.  There’s already a suit against it I’m sure.  Probably within a month or so since no lower court wants to go through the humiliation of being swiftly reversed…. Even the 9th is learning that lesson.

It’s a °IIIII° thing 😎

• BigslugBigslug Senior Member Posts: 9,696 Senior Member
    This too shall be thrown out.  There’s already a suit against it I’m sure.  Probably within a month or so since no lower court wants to go through the humiliation of being swiftly reversed…. Even the 9th is learning that lesson.
    Yep, and probably a good thing that NY's immediate response is basically to throw a tantrum, as they should receive swift and immediate. . .ummmm. . .feedback to guide themselves and other "cranky toddler" districts.

A three-year permit in NY?  They're giving a year more than Cali, and Cali's driver's licenses are good for five. (Eyeroll)
    WWJMBD?

"Nothing is safe from stupid." - Zee
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Merrritt Island, FLPosts: 25,219 Senior Member
    "Social media accounts". Uh-huh, right.
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
    )O(
  • Wambli SkaWambli Ska Posts: 4,611 Senior Member
    Bigslug said:
    Yep, and probably a good thing that NY's immediate response is basically to throw a tantrum, as they should receive swift and immediate. . .ummmm. . .feedback to guide themselves and other "cranky toddler" districts.

A three-year permit in NY?  They're giving a year more than Cali, and Cali's driver's licenses are good for five. (Eyeroll)
    The only good news for Mew Yorkers is that the “special” New York City permit system is dead so when the dust clears folks from the rest of the state should be able to carry in NYC.

It’s a °IIIII° thing 😎