Home Main Category Second Amendment/Politics

Mass shootings

BamaakIIBamaakII Posts: 479 Member
edited July 2022 in Second Amendment/Politics #1
What can be done?  Media says over 300 this year already, probably includes BB and rubber band guns but still.  Nobody wants to address mental health, giving all our money to things like Ukraine for that.  Govt being the reactionary entity it is, just wants more laws.  As if there aren't enough.  Perhaps we need to fast track sending certain offenses to the gas chamber but probably would not help, half of them kill themselves or find a cops bullet.  So what can be done before they gain enough support to overturn the 2A?  I predict an "assualt" weapons ban before Brandon is out of office.

Replies

• Wambli SkaWambli Ska Posts: 4,584 Senior Member
    There’s a “mass shooting” in Chicago, LA, New York and other Dem controlled cities every weekend and no one cares.  The idiot DA in the last one n Illinois is very proud of his Red Flag law they’ve had since 2018.  That would be the same one that did NOT stop this loser from killing 7 people?  And he’s so proud they are charging him with 7 counts of First Degree murder and this dirtbag will be in jail for life….  So for killing 7 people he gets three hots, a bad, clothing, a roof, free medical care and free legal counsel for the rest of his life?!!!?

This country is just a mess…

It’s a °IIIII° thing 😎

• N454casullN454casull Member Posts: 688 Senior Member
    So it’s about saving lives correct? 

Every 45 minutes someone dies in a drunk driving accident. 32 people a day! Everyday every year. Well over 300 are kids.  This according to the NHTSA. 

But we ignore this so hard it’s funny. But I understand it most people like to have a drink, it’s a huge part of common culture. Me I don’t drink never have so I could care less ban alcohol, doesn’t effect me one bit. And that’s were the problem comes in I think. It’s not about saving lives it’s about saving lives banning something that means nothing to me. 

And before you start the “well prohibition didn’t work” yep your right and neither will gun bans. 
  • BamaakIIBamaakII Posts: 479 Member
    This November is going to say a lot towards our future.  Thank God we have a SCOTUS that gets it mostly.

Every 45 minutes someone dies in a drunk driving accident. 32 people a day! Everyday every year. Well over 300 are kids.  This according to the NHTSA. 

But we ignore this so hard it’s funny. But I understand it most people like to have a drink, it’s a huge part of common culture. Me I don’t drink never have so I could care less ban alcohol, doesn’t effect me one bit. And that’s were the problem comes in I think. It’s not about saving lives it’s about saving lives banning something that means nothing to me. 

And before you start the “well prohibition didn’t work” yep your right and neither will gun bans. 
    They could go after a lot of things that kill large quantities of people.  Medical malpractice is a big one too.  But a DUI death only makes the local news. Some Dr kills to many patients, he disappears off the medical scene and maybe makes the local news.  Some idiot shoots up a gay nightclub or a parade, its a national topic for days or weeks.  Years even.  The media needs sensational events to stir up the public, not some drunk redneck that kills an old lady with his pickup.
  • GrapeApeGrapeApe Posts: 448 Member
    I believe texting drivers die/kill quite a few a day as well, even though most states have outlawed that as well.
    "For longer range, use a bigger case. For bigger game, use a bigger bullet." - Dan Johnson
  • JustsomedudeJustsomedude Posts: 1,369 Senior Member
    Does anybody remember in the 60's when MK ultra was featured on the cover of time magazine and the cia bragged about being able to replace complete memories in less than a few days? Pepperidge Farms remembers..
    We've been conditioned to believe that obedience is virtuous and voting is freedom- 
  • BigslugBigslug Senior Member Posts: 9,692 Senior Member
    What can be done?

Unless an effective mental health system manages to pump somebody's brakes, you cannot stop crazy people from doing crazy things.  We've already seen it - if access to guns isn't a possibility, you'll get bombs made out of pressure cookers and cars driven through crowded events at high speed.

So number one, put that effective mental health system in place.  We'll probably never prove it's working because it won't catch everything and it's hard to prove a non-event, but everyone brought down off the walls and on the right med is at least a win of another sort.

Number two, we simply have to be ready to put the mad dogs down when the foam at the mouth appears.  This isn't anything we haven't been saying for years - good people want to carry guns; stopp getting in their way!

Number three, recognize that the left has an agenda and make sure everybody else knows it.  When there are three 17 year old dead guys from rival gangs using stolen guns are being reported as a "mass shooting of minors" with calls for regulations that restrict the law abiding further, call them on their B.S.
    WWJMBD?

"Nothing is safe from stupid." - Zee
    edited July 2022 #9
    I agree with the mental health system, od lack of one, needs to be addressed.  But I also wonder if maybe they are part of the problem.  The drugs they prescribe like candy maybe having an unexpected consequence to some?  We need mental health beds for some of the people on these strong mind altering drugs.  With the money they are pumping into Ukraine, we could have plenty but the US is not their priority.
  • dlddld Member NE FlaPosts: 467 Member
    edited July 2022 #10
    maybe they need to put up signs like " Gun Free Zone" for mass shootings. " No Mass Shootings Allowed in this Area" I am sure it will work as good as gun free zone does :*

That problem is fixed what's the next problem

• Jack BurtonJack Burton Member Duneatin, FLPosts: 396 Member
    Watching Jocko's pod cast to get the "operators" take, I was more blown away by a stat he quoted: In 1955, in the US, there were 340 in-patient mental health beds per 100,000 people. In 2007 there were 17 beds per 100,000.
    I think it can be easily argued that society did not get any healthier mentally. Certainly not by a factor of 9.
    Came for the fishing, stayed for the guns.
  • MHancockMHancock Posts: 7 New Member

Right!? Never understood the thought, that if guns were illegal to own then no one would own them... No one who cares about the law would have them, but maybe the ones that say break the gun laws would be the same one who shoot and kill people??
  • MHancockMHancock Posts: 7 New Member

BTW. Love the name! One of my favorite contender barrels is the contender 454.
  • ZeeZee Senior Member Posts: 28,048 Senior Member
    edited October 2022 #14
    MHancock said:

BTW. Love the name! One of my favorite contender barrels is the contender 454.
    I don’t think the Thompson Center Contender can safely handle the .454 Casull pressures. 
    "To Hell with efficiency, it's performance we want!" - Elmer Keith