Home Main Category Second Amendment/Politics

S&W's M&P name choice being used for anti-gun propaganda

Just saw some senator referring to a S&W AR first as a "Military" rifle and later as a "Military and Police" rifle.
Anyone think it'll get any traction with the gun grabbers?
"For longer range, use a bigger case. For bigger game, use a bigger bullet." - Dan Johnson

Replies

• Wambli SkaWambli Ska Posts: 4,611 Senior Member
    Already has but it’s not moving anyone access the line.  More folks everyday coming to the dark side…

It’s a °IIIII° thing 😎

• bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 12,309 Senior Member
    They are doing that because the Illinois parade shooter used an S&W M&P-15 for his terrorist attack. 

Gotta find something to blame instead of looking for the real problems
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
  • BigslugBigslug Senior Member Posts: 9,696 Senior Member
    I figure if the lefties want to play with the trade names of things in order to ply sympathy for their cause among the ignorant, we should meet them full force.

The home defense lines could be given names like:

Bunny Slipper 12

Flannel Nightie 15

Sleepeasy MelatoNINE

MPI 45 (My Pillow Insert)

Lawn Guard M1

Nyquilizer (The Nightime breaking, entering, robbing, raping, assaulting, kidnapping, prevention so you can rest firearm)

Basically, guys like Kevin DeLeon are going to come on the news and make asses of themselves with their "full-semi auto" anyway.  Might as well make them hold up the "Hello Kitty" edition in the process.
    WWJMBD?

"Nothing is safe from stupid." - Zee
  • Wambli SkaWambli Ska Posts: 4,611 Senior Member
    Then they’ll say it’s been marketed to snowflakes and kids… 🤣

It’s a °IIIII° thing 😎

• BigslugBigslug Senior Member Posts: 9,696 Senior Member
    Then they’ll say it’s been marketed to snowflakes and kids… 🤣
    Well, yeah. . .  With everything being 5.56 and 9mm, I've got to figure that .30-06 and .45 are probably regarded as "toxically masculine" these days.   :D

AFAIC, the M&P and Victory are vintage K-frame revolverss, so I'd be lying I I said I wasn't feeling a tiny bit of giggle at the thought of the recycling of the classic labels onto totally unrelated products giving them a little grief.
    WWJMBD?

"Nothing is safe from stupid." - Zee
  • JustsomedudeJustsomedude Posts: 1,370 Senior Member
    We need to stop pussyfooting around gun terms and making excuses when they call them weapons of war. We are meant to own weapons of war like the founding fathers did when they drafted our constitution. I have no issue calling my anti tyrant guns, weapons of war.
    We've been conditioned to believe that obedience is virtuous and voting is freedom- 
  • BamaakIIBamaakII Posts: 479 Member
    edited July 2022 #8
    Bigslug said:
    I figure if the lefties want to play with the trade names of things in order to ply sympathy for their cause among the ignorant, we should meet them full force.

The home defense lines could be given names like:

Bunny Slipper 12

Flannel Nightie 15

Sleepeasy MelatoNINE

MPI 45 (My Pillow Insert)

Lawn Guard M1

Nyquilizer (The Nightime breaking, entering, robbing, raping, assaulting, kidnapping, prevention so you can rest firearm)

Basically, guys like Kevin DeLeon are going to come on the news and make asses of themselves with their "full-semi auto" anyway.  Might as well make them hold up the "Hello Kitty" edition in the process.
    I think they should name them after antis.  The Pelosi 38 spl, the Schumer Itty bitty .22 short, the Biden all you need shotgun, the Hunter Hunter sold to felons and drug addicts and so on.  That way when used in a crime, the media can report he was shot with a pelosi.
  • JaphyJaphy Posts: 441 Member
    We need to stop pussyfooting around gun terms and making excuses when they call them weapons of war. We are meant to own weapons of war like the founding fathers did when they drafted our constitution. I have no issue calling my anti tyrant guns, weapons of war.

the second amendment is not in the constitution to permit folks to hunt rabbits