Home Main Category Second Amendment/Politics

Global Warming v Climate Change

RaftermanRafterman New MemberPosts: 386 Member
Why do you think G.W. isn't used anymore? I haven't heard that term used in quite some time now. I'm sure there is something political about it but it eludes me. 

Replies

• GrapeApeGrapeApe Posts: 452 Member
    edited July 2022 #2
    Had some colder than average winters, so they decided to change the name to fit whichever way it went.

FYI, I do believe in climate change... it's been changing since well before the industrial age began.
    However, I also believe it's the pinnacle of arrogance to think it's "our" fault. All you have to do it learn about the climate in some of the prehistoric times to realize some of the swings the climate has made.

edited to add: The Cretaceous or Carboniferous period anyone?
    In the history of the planet, humans are barely a blip on the screen
    "For longer range, use a bigger case. For bigger game, use a bigger bullet." - Dan Johnson
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Merrritt Island, FLPosts: 25,219 Senior Member
    GrapeApe said:
    Had some colder than average winters, so they decided to change the name to fit whichever way it went.

FYI, I do believe in climate change... it's been changing since well before the industrial age began.
    However, I also believe it's the pinnacle of arrogance to think it's "our" fault. All you have to do it learn about the climate in some of the prehistoric times to realize some of the swings the climate has made.

edited to add: The Cretaceous or Carboniferous period anyone?
    In the history of the planet, humans are barely a blip on the screen
    And the height of arrogance to think we can do anything about it!
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
    )O(
  • RaftermanRafterman New Member Posts: 386 Member
    I guess I didn't think this through. Can't blame record snowfall in Buffalo, NY on G.W. can we? Whether it's a cold snap, flood, heat wave, drought or the fact the sun rose in the East this morning C.C. kinda covers it all. Thanks.
  • VarmintmistVarmintmist Senior Member Western PAPosts: 8,234 Senior Member
    When its weather that agrees with the political philosophy, its global warming. When its weather that contradicts the political philosophy, its climate change.

CA wildfires = global warming even though it is CA's natural state to be on fire and has been since before anyone was around keeping records.
    Freezing in TX = climate change even though it has been that cold in TX before (1983 IIRC). Which is why there were heaters on the gas equipment. Because the corporations no longer employed anyone who knew how to turn the heat on, or even that the heaters were there, wasnt a temperature problem.
    It's boring, and your lack of creativity knows no bounds.
  • bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 12,309 Senior Member
    When its weather that agrees with the political philosophy, its global warming. When its weather that contradicts the political philosophy, its climate change.

CA wildfires = global warming even though it is CA's natural state to be on fire and has been since before anyone was around keeping records.
    Freezing in TX = climate change even though it has been that cold in TX before (1983 IIRC). Which is why there were heaters on the gas equipment. Because the corporations no longer employed anyone who knew how to turn the heat on, or even that the heaters were there, wasnt a temperature problem.
    Santa Anna’s army was late to attack the Alamo because of a freak blizzard in south Texas/ Northern Mexico in February.  There was not one single SUV in the world to blame it on, either.

Snowstorms happen in Texas.  They are infrequent.  It’s not climate change, it’s just weather
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
  • rberglofrberglof Senior Member North DakotaPosts: 2,985 Senior Member
    When I left Amarillo AFB in 1966 I heard that the next week end it snowed nearly 2 feet.
  • BigslugBigslug Senior Member Posts: 9,696 Senior Member
    It's totally mystifying to me why so many obsess over end-of-the-world concepts.  Personally, I'm a lot more concerned with the cancer, arterial blockage, drunk driver, etc... that's going to end ME.

And really, as long as I survive the event that ends humanity, I think I'll be greatly enjoying my newfound peace and quiet. :D

zorba said:
    Pretty much this exactly.  I'm pretty sure these eco-maniacs don't have a plan to regulate the cycle of variability in the output of THE SUN.
    WWJMBD?

"Nothing is safe from stupid." - Zee
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Merrritt Island, FLPosts: 25,219 Senior Member
    Bigslug said:
    It's totally mystifying to me why so many obsess over end-of-the-world concepts.  Personally, I'm a lot more concerned with the cancer, arterial blockage, drunk driver, etc... that's going to end ME.

And really, as long as I survive the event that ends humanity, I think I'll be greatly enjoying my newfound peace and quiet. :D

zorba said:
    Pretty much this exactly.  I'm pretty sure these eco-maniacs don't have a plan to regulate the cycle of variability in the output of THE SUN.

Its yet another religion its proponents want to push on everybody else. No thank you.
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
    )O(
  • RugerFanRugerFan Senior Member Eupora, MSPosts: 2,814 Senior Member
    I stole this from Twitter 

• GrapeApeGrapeApe Posts: 452 Member

"For longer range, use a bigger case. For bigger game, use a bigger bullet." - Dan Johnson
    When I was a FB user, I would toss in a pic of my back yard in these arguments on my carbon foot print.
    positive proof of global warming  funny
  • Jack BurtonJack Burton Member Duneatin, FLPosts: 396 Member
    Saw a story where NOAA internal audit found 96% temperature stations fail "uncorrupted placement" standards.
    This includes stations too close to heat-producing, heat-trapping, or heat-accentuating objects. Like machinery, asphalt, or Al Gore's gulf stream 7 jet exhaust.
    Came for the fishing, stayed for the guns.
  • jbp-ohiojbp-ohio Senior Member Pensacola, FLPosts: 10,826 Senior Member
    Saw a story where NOAA internal audit found 96% temperature stations fail "uncorrupted placement" standards.
    This includes stations too close to heat-producing, heat-trapping, or heat-accentuating objects. Like machinery, asphalt, or Al Gore's gulf stream 7 jet exhaust.
    The 'official' temp for Cleveland comes from an airport. A sea of concrete.
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." Thomas Jefferson
  • BamaakIIBamaakII Posts: 479 Member
    edited August 2022 #17
    They should make volcanos illegal,  the toxic gases they put out are worse them all of us.  And termites, they should be illegal too.  Biggest cause of methane on earth.  Where are the greenies on that?
  • Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior Member Lake County, FloridaPosts: 7,927 Senior Member
    edited August 2022 #18
    The real truth about "climate change" is that it is true...the climate changes periodically. It has to do with global forces, the sun, and other factors. It has very little to do with methane and CO2. The democrats know this and the truth is hidden because it is really about power and control on a planetary scale.... I.E. global taxes, wealth redistribution, reduction of the global economy, population control, control of what we eat, drive and drink, making C.C. investors fabulously wealthy. Once the current system is changed, we no longer have any independence at all.
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
    THE DEMOCRATS ARE THE NEW COMMUNISTS!
  • rberglofrberglof Senior Member North DakotaPosts: 2,985 Senior Member
    Was watching a video with a climatologist and he was saying that the reason storms are getting stronger is because the atmosphere has less pollutants.

Read an article some years ago about a meeting in the early thirties of politicians and the very wealthy, they were trying to come up with a way to move to one world government. Global warming was the way they decided would work best.     
  • FreezerFreezer Senior Member Posts: 2,602 Senior Member
    I like climate change...there's so much more to see!
    I like Elmer Keith; I married his daughter :wink:
  • FreezerFreezer Senior Member Posts: 2,602 Senior Member
    I normally avoid these kinds of posts, but...I drank the Kool-Aid. I saw the skit 30 years ago or more, and it is more relevant than ever

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UfJhPbFW6qk
    I like Elmer Keith; I married his daughter :wink:
  • RaftermanRafterman New Member Posts: 386 Member
    Freezer said:
    I like climate change...there's so much more to see!

Agree/disagree!! Eye bleach anybody?  :s