Home Main Category General Firearms

Another "new" Springfield design

13»

Replies

• ZeeZee Senior Member Posts: 27,916 Senior Member

"To Hell with efficiency, it's performance we want!" - Elmer Keith
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 25,179 Senior Member
    edited September 12 #63
    Yet Wambli, All I hear is that my needs don't matter because I'm a "tiny minority". Which sounds like the same thing you accuse me of only in reverse. The only difference is that I don't give a damn what "the majority" of people want/think/say/do. Majority, majority, majority! All the ballyhooed "majority" does is set things up such that it costs me money and/or inconveniences me - everything from kitchen appliances to automobiles, deadly vaccines to facemasks,  and yes, esp. smartphones.
    I'm tired of the world's idiocy, and I'm certainly tired of the ad hominem attacks - all I ask is to NOT have to pay the price for other people's decisions - which unfortunately, I do every damn day. So yea, I get a bit grumpy. You REALLY shouldn't have dragged me into this conversation with the comment about BigSlug and I. Just sayin'.
    With that, I'm out. I'm too tired for this, and I should be old enough to know better.

-Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
    )O(
    One other thing I'll add - I think I've said it before: I'm an "Aspie". Not using it as an excuse, just to hopefully help with understanding. NeuroTypicals don't often make much sense to us.

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
    )O(
  • Wambli SkaWambli Ska Posts: 4,072 Senior Member
    edited September 12 #65
    zorba said:
    One other thing I'll add - I think I've said it before: I'm an "Aspie". Not using it as an excuse, just to hopefully help with understanding. NeuroTypicals don't often make much sense to us.
    I know that because you told me.  This is an issue of basic use of English language.

”I don’t believe smart phones are useful devices and I don’t want to own one.”  
    Statement of personal opinion. 👍

”the millions of idiots that buy smart phones…”.  
    Insulting to those that have. 👎

Using #1 vs. #2 is just common courtesy and an acknowledgement that we are not in charge of the universe, only ourselves.

But, you do you.  We good? 

It’s a °IIIII° thing 😎

• Gene LGene L Senior Member Posts: 12,701 Senior Member
    edited September 13 #66
    God will not permit me to buy a $1400 pistol.  Not that I'd want to.
    Concealed carry is for protection, open carry is for attention.
    zorba said:
    I know that because you told me.  This is an issue of basic use of English language.

Using #1 vs. #2 is just common courtesy and an acknowledgement that we are not in charge of the universe, only ourselves.

We've been good for some time - we butt heads from time-to-time, but we're a lot alike in many ways methinks. {BOW HERE}

)O(
  • Wambli SkaWambli Ska Posts: 4,072 Senior Member
    zorba said:
    zorba said:

We've been good for some time - we butt heads from time-to-time, but we're a lot alike in many ways methinks. {BOW HERE}
    👍👍

It’s a °IIIII° thing 😎

• BigslugBigslug Senior Member Posts: 9,592 Senior Member
    Yet nobody's yet argued directly against my point that all this 1911 front end fiddling is bad or stepped up to argue that it's GOOD - just shot me down for not joining the zombie march to the sales counter.

So allow me to present it thusly:  let's say some 2011 builder decided to make two part numbers of the double stack nines that were otherwise identical offering your choice of barrel lockup system.  Which one are you going to buy and why?

Not my first rodeo at pointing out why I feel much of both selling and buying sides of the 1911 industry are guzzling each other's bong water.   I am not opposed to this basic 2011 concept, but I want a more of the original 1911's "HUMVEE", and less of the "Ferrari" in the mix.  We have enough race guns and wannabe race guns - somebody chase the gamers away from the design table with a baseball bat and draw this thing up as a weapon of war, PLEASE!

1.  GI takedown system.
    2. On the tight side of, but not tighter than the GI tolerance range, which will save money that can be put towards. . .
    3. Milled, not MIM small parts
    4.  An ambi safety system of the type that uses dovestails on extended hammer or sear pins (instead of the grips) to keep the right side from walking out.
    5. A red dot mounting system that mills the slide with a Picatinny-like cross-slot system instead of relying on mounting plates and wimpy little screws to hold the sight on.  And then we can start bitching at the rest of the industry to standardize on it.
    6.  Finish all the metal in tennifer, melonite, DLC, or whatever the unwearable, unrustable, nuke-proof finish of the month is.  All the other duty pistols on the market seem to have it, yet the 1911's seem to get PAINT.

Do these things, and I might just play.
    WWJMBD?

"Nothing is safe from stupid." - Zee
  • GrapeApeGrapeApe Posts: 370 Member
    edited September 13 #70
    I've done my best to stay out of this kerfuffle, but there's a HUGE thing I'd like to point out to Mr BigSlug.

It's a DOUBLE STACK 9 MIKE MIKE!!! So it's ALREADY made the unforgivable sin of departing from St John's initial design and caliber.

From your LE experience, I am fairly certain you'll agree there's a plethora of "better" double stack 9mms for use as duty weapons, both LE and Military

I see these 2 pistols (4.25" & 5") as mainly entry level comp guns for the folks who either don't want to, or can't afford to toss an additional ~$1k down for a Staccato. 

Edited to add: Also, you keep referring to 1911s while this is based off the 2011 format, with its 2 piece frame/ grip module. So SOME similarities, but in actuality a mostly different animal
    "For longer range, use a bigger case. For bigger game, use a bigger bullet." - Dan Johnson
  • breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 13,993 Senior Member
    edited September 13 #71
    I'm just going to say....

Companies tend to produce items that they can sell, and they really like items they can sell the most of and at the largest profit margins. 

To expect a large, consumer grade company to actively cater to what really is a niche market and overlook the potentially greater sales and profitability of appealing to a wider market is unrealistic, naive, and a bit selfish. 

It doesn't matter if your way is better or you would buy it, if you aren't representative of the vast consumer base, you get rounded off. If you have a problem with that, blame Adam Smith and capitalism. Or, start your own company. 
    I'm just here for snark.